Army game: my convo with Pope

Advertisement
What a long *** day. So I spent a little over 3 hours as Popes host today. Real cool kid. Laid back and seemed very humble. Told him I was a big Miami fan and followed recruiting pretty close, he was open to talking about whatever. So here are some of my take away's from the day.

The Miami group by seemed the most comfortable with each other. Had to wait forever at a media station so they could do some stuff with all the Miami kids, ohio st kids, bama and Clemson. Most kids just keeping to themselves on their phones, except the Miami group. Joking and laughing the entire time. You could tell the bond the group has already made together. Pope was rooming with Lingard. Joked Lingard is like Blades, won’t ever stop talking lol

To my surprise Pope said he seriously was considering Florida at one time. Said when Calloway left he really thought about it since early playing time was going to be a for sure thing. But the QB situation was just too bad. Always read on here Pope was 100% cane lock forever, so it was interesting to see the real interest he had in FL at one time.

Asked him about the heritage kids, said they were trying to get Campbell and if they got him they would be straight. He seemed confident about Campbell….. I asked about Surtain, he said ehhh I think he is headed to LSU.

Lingard…..the ambassador tag fits him well….all Miami everything with that kid. Joking non stop with other non committed kids that they wanted to go to Miami, inviting them to get into the all Miami pictures. Kid was hilarious.

Soon as we ran in Nesta Pope started joking that Nesta wasn’t going to Miami. Lingard joked about it as well. When the entire Miami group was together that was probably the most interesting interaction….them all joking and saying Nesta wasn’t really coming. I honestly wish I would have been able to get a better feel of the entire thing but I really couldn’t tell how much was joking and how much was serious. For what its worth when we walked away from the group I asked Pope if he really thought he wasn’t coming…….he just kind of laughed and said “I don’t know man, Nesta plays a lot.” Nesta made some interesting comments but not worth getting into because I didn’t know how much was serious or bs…don’t need everyone freaking out. Nesta was always with a Miami commit when I saw him and when they were giving him a hard time about not coming he always said he was. Could be nothing to it….but it was an interesting observation.

Jobe….I really don’t get the Bama commit. He was with the Miami kids the entire time. Even took a pic for a 247 and was jokingly throwing up the U with them. You could just tell how cool he was with the group, so its just a weird decision. I got the feeling pope and other players knew for a good while he wasn’t coming to Miami. Pope actually thought he was going to go to Michigan at one point. Never saw him with a bama commit, always around the Miami guys.

Hightower was real cool, said he was going straight to Miami to start school from the army game. He’s a big dude for a WR.

Talked to Pope about the QB situation….got the feeling Perry was his guy.
All in all it was a really cool experience, all the Miami kids were nice and down to earth. Nesta….not so much but I think that is just his demeanor. He wasn’t a jerk or anything, just not as open to talk as the others.

Non Miami thought……I could not get over how skinny Trevor Lawrence was…legit the skinniest dude I saw the entire day. Some kickers were thicker then him. Reminded me of FSU’s QB. No way that kid is ready to play right now, he’d get crushed.

But yeah…those were my thoughts, if you have a question let me know. Not trying to bring any breaking news, just thought id share my experience.
What were the recruits saying about miamis finish and rosier/perry talk? Did we lose all our momentum because of it? Also if you get the chance dump your coffee down jobes shirt lol

Nesta Silvera, 4-Star Miami Commit, Could Take Other Official Visits

Nesta Silvera has been a Miami commit since February, but he did not sign during the early signing period, and may take some official visits.

The four-star American Heritage defensive tackle has called Miami his dream school, and it seems unlikely that Nesta Silvera will be signing with a different school come February.

However, he could take a look at a few other programs to validate his decision.

Based on a recent interview with 247Sports, it sounds like he’ll likely take an official visit to Ohio State, and possibly Florida and Tennessee.

Florida assistant coaches Todd Grantham and Jajuan Seider both went in-home with Silvera.

“My mom liked Grantham,” Silvera said. “Coach Seider has always been cool since he was at West Virginia.”

Silvera hasn’t scheduled his Ohio State official because he wants to get Miami locked in first.

“Coach (Larry) Johnson is another good d-line coach in college football,” he said. “One of the top dogs along with Coach (Kuligowsk). Coach Zach Smith is a cool guy. I like him and the DB coach Coach Kerry (Coombs) he’s cool as well.”

Silvera added he may also take an official to Tennessee on Jan. 12.
Silvera is the No. 167 player in the class of 2018, and the 15th-ranked defensive tackle. It sounds like Miami is most likely still the plan, but weird things can happen late in recruiting cycles.

Advertisement
The comment Nesta made that stood out the most to me was he was “getting bored with the entire process”. So if all of a sudden there is drama at the end, keep that in mind. I do not think he didn’t sign because coaches asked him to wait so he could official. He made fun of Pope and Lingard for “already signing their lives away”. Seemed like waiting was def his idea. Again y’all have to realize this entire convo was light hearted and them all just bull****ting with each other. Like I said, the comments were kinda all over the place so I really didn’t leave with a good feel for it one way or the other. He kept saying he was coming over and over.

Advertisement
The comment Nesta made that stood out the most to me was he was “getting bored with the entire process”. So if all of a sudden there is drama at the end, keep that in mind. I do not think he didn’t sign because coaches asked him to wait so he could official. He made fun of Pope and Lingard for “already signing their lives away”. Seemed like waiting was def his idea. Again y’all have to realize this entire convo was light hearted and them all just bull****ting with each other. Like I said, the comments were kinda all over the place so I really didn’t leave with a good feel for it one way or the other. He kept saying he was coming over and over.

Cool stuff man. Thanks for sharing with us.

What a long *** day. So I spent a little over 3 hours as Popes host today. Real cool kid. Laid back and seemed very humble. Told him I was a big Miami fan and followed recruiting pretty close, he was open to talking about whatever. So here are some of my take away's from the day.

The Miami group by seemed the most comfortable with each other. Had to wait forever at a media station so they could do some stuff with all the Miami kids, ohio st kids, bama and Clemson. Most kids just keeping to themselves on their phones, except the Miami group. Joking and laughing the entire time. You could tell the bond the group has already made together. Pope was rooming with Lingard. Joked Lingard is like Blades, won’t ever stop talking lol

To my surprise Pope said he seriously was considering Florida at one time. Said when Calloway left he really thought about it since early playing time was going to be a for sure thing. But the QB situation was just too bad. Always read on here Pope was 100% cane lock forever, so it was interesting to see the real interest he had in FL at one time.

Asked him about the heritage kids, said they were trying to get Campbell and if they got him they would be straight. He seemed confident about Campbell….. I asked about Surtain, he said ehhh I think he is headed to LSU.

Lingard…..the ambassador tag fits him well….all Miami everything with that kid. Joking non stop with other non committed kids that they wanted to go to Miami, inviting them to get into the all Miami pictures. Kid was hilarious.

Soon as we ran in Nesta Pope started joking that Nesta wasn’t going to Miami. Lingard joked about it as well. When the entire Miami group was together that was probably the most interesting interaction….them all joking and saying Nesta wasn’t really coming. I honestly wish I would have been able to get a better feel of the entire thing but I really couldn’t tell how much was joking and how much was serious. For what its worth when we walked away from the group I asked Pope if he really thought he wasn’t coming…….he just kind of laughed and said “I don’t know man, Nesta plays a lot.” Nesta made some interesting comments but not worth getting into because I didn’t know how much was serious or bs…don’t need everyone freaking out. Nesta was always with a Miami commit when I saw him and when they were giving him a hard time about not coming he always said he was. Could be nothing to it….but it was an interesting observation.

Jobe….I really don’t get the Bama commit. He was with the Miami kids the entire time. Even took a pic for a 247 and was jokingly throwing up the U with them. You could just tell how cool he was with the group, so its just a weird decision. I got the feeling pope and other players knew for a good while he wasn’t coming to Miami. Pope actually thought he was going to go to Michigan at one point. Never saw him with a bama commit, always around the Miami guys.

Hightower was real cool, said he was going straight to Miami to start school from the army game. He’s a big dude for a WR.

Talked to Pope about the QB situation….got the feeling Perry was his guy.
All in all it was a really cool experience, all the Miami kids were nice and down to earth. Nesta….not so much but I think that is just his demeanor. He wasn’t a jerk or anything, just not as open to talk as the others.

Non Miami thought……I could not get over how skinny Trevor Lawrence was…legit the skinniest dude I saw the entire day. Some kickers were thicker then him. Reminded me of FSU’s QB. No way that kid is ready to play right now, he’d get crushed.

But yeah…those were my thoughts, if you have a question let me know. Not trying to bring any breaking news, just thought id share my experience.
What were the recruits saying about miamis finish and rosier/perry talk? Did we lose all our momentum because of it? Also if you get the chance dump your coffee down jobes shirt lol

I didn’t talk to any uncommitted kids, so can’t really speak about a loss of momentum. Not going to get into comments made about the QB’s other then Perry seemed like popes guy. Jobe made fun of us getting our *** beat by Clemson but the guys were like yeah whatever. Our finish didn’t seem to phase the committed guys. Any thought of ill feelings towards Jobe by the Miami guys for his flip to bama isn’t true, they were all cool with him.....unfortunately lol

I don't like to bad mouth a teenager but Jobe is such a douche. Ya, all your friends came here and you don't hang with Bama commits...but you gotta do what is right for your family, right?

Go away. Good bye. Officially on the rooting against you list.

Advertisement
I don't like to bad mouth a teenager but Jobe is such a douche. Ya, all your friends came here and you don't hang with Bama commits...but you gotta do what is right for your family, right?

tells u how much of an offer u cant refuse bama goes with, if they changed a kids mind like that shows u how strong those bags r

Advertisement

tells u how much of an offer u cant refuse bama goes with, if they changed a kids mind like that shows u how strong those bags r

Well Brooklyndee was talking about the offer Hightower got - like $250k and a house? How can you turn that down if you don't come from money?!

Well Brooklyndee was talking about the offer Hightower got - like $250k and a house? How can you turn that down if you don't come from money?!

Jobe has a brother making $1 million a season with the Raiders. It's not like his family needs the money. More likely Jobe just wants to get his now.

Hightower, Lingard, Pope all almost certainly got similar offers, just turned them down. $200k isn't life changing money like NFL cash is

Jobe got jokes? what a clown yet another south florida Bama **** rider thinkin **** is sweet cause he going to Bama. He'll learn the hard way

Advertisement
Back