Army all American game

Advertisement
8-5 and I’m guessing you know that is better than 6-7
and you would be complaining about 8-5 record this year and you know this board would.. I'm not arguing with folks today. If you think 8-5 is acceptable at Miami.. cool story don't respond to me going forward. Enjoy 2020 champ!

Advertisement
Herm has a group of very strong recruiters on his staff.
You have any insight on the old man they have as a WR coach? Not sure if he was/is a casualty of the OC change but I had looked him up after it seemed like Brian was headed there and nothing on his bio screamed "dynamo" to me.

and you would be complaining about 8-5 record this year and you know this board would.. I'm not arguing with folks today. If you think 8-5 is acceptable at Miami.. cool story don't respond to me going forward. Enjoy 2020 champ!

You obviously haven’t seen my posts that I have wanted UM gutted for years.

But you asked a question and you didn’t like the answer.

8-5 is better than 6-7 all day every day and twice on Sunday’s you never asked if 8-5 is acceptable here you just asked what ASU’s record was.

With LSU taking McGlothern, that means they're not going to sign 4-star CB Lorando Johnson, I don't think we'll offer him considering how late in the process it is, but we should've at least offered just to see if we could get him down for a visit.

Advertisement
You have any insight on the old man they have as a WR coach? Not sure if he was/is a casualty of the OC change but I had looked him up after it seemed like Brian was headed there and nothing on his bio screamed "dynamo" to me.
He's not their WR coach anymore, they elevated Derek Hagan who was already an analyst on their staff & hired Prentice Gill who was an analyst at Oregon & was GA at USC before getting hired at AZ St. Hagan & Gill are the WR & Co-WR's coach.

Herm revamped his entire offensive staff as soon as the season ended, he hired Prentice Gill who helped them flip Johnny Wilson from Oregon & he also hired Zak Hill to be the new OC from Boise St. He elevated Kevin Mawae (who played OL for Herm with the Jets & was multi time Pro Bowler & All-Pro) from analyst to full time TE's coach.

He also hired a new CB's coach Chris Hawkins who played at USC & was GA there, he's only 24 is the youngest position coach in D1 football.

But he's adding them on to combine with Antonio Pierce who's legit one of the best recruiters in the nation, former NFL LB & was coaching at Long Beach Poly Tech & working as a commentator on ESPN with Herm, but is extremely plugged in in the Cali HS football scene & was homerun hire for Herm. Despite being a LB's coach he's the one that actually landed them their 5-star TF QB Jayden Daniels.

Also hired Shaun Aguano last year who was a long time HC for Chandler AZ HS & built Chandler into powerhouse school winning multiple state championships & was highly regarded as one of best offensive minds in the HS ranks.

Herm also brought his buddy Marvin Lewis in to basically be like the Chief Of Staff to assist with overseeing the whole thing. But Herm smartly went & loaded up young electric recruiters & mixed them in with experienced NFL vets & he's been killing it on the trail.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's not their WR coach anymore, they elevated Derek Hagan who was already an analyst on their staff & hired Prentice Gill who was an analyst at Oregon & was GA at USC before getting hired at AZ St. Hagan & Gill are the WR & Co-WR's coach.

Herm revamped his entire offensive staff as soon as the season ended, he hired Prentice Gill who helped them flip Johnny Wilson from Oregon & he also hired Zak Hill to be the new OC from Boise St. He elevated Kevin Mawae (who played OL for Herm with the Jets & was multi time Pro Bowler & All-Pro) from analyst to full time TE's coach.

He also hired a new CB's coach Chris Hawkins who played at USC & was GA there, he's only 24 is the youngest position coach in D1 football.

But he's adding them on to combine with Antonio Pierce who's legit one of the best recruiters in the nation, former NFL LB & was coaching at Long Beach Poly Tech & working as a commentator on ESPN with Herm, but is extremely plugged in in the Cali HS football scene & was homerun hire for Herm. Despite being a LB's coach he's the one that actually landed them their 5-star TF QB Jayden Daniels.

Also hired Shaun Aguano last year who was a long time HC for Chandler AZ HS & built Chandler into powerhouse school winning multiple state championships & was highly regarded as one of best offensive minds in the HS ranks.

Herm also brought his buddy Marvin Lewis in to basically be like the Chief Of Staff to assist with overseeing the whole thing. But Herm smartly went & loaded up young electric recruiters & mixed them in with experienced NFL vets & he's been killing it on the trail.
Knew Pierce was there and saw Marv had been brought on. I recall Mawae being widely respected across the NFL. Would think that Hagan has some semblance of relatability to the kids (though Stubblefield did not). Will have to start following Hawkins' recruiting going forward.

Edit: Add 'recruiting going forward'

2020 OT Brady Ward is #72 in Black is turnstile terrible out there today. The kid was so off balance on one play at the end of the 3rd quarter he literally fell down and went rolling while trying to reach block a speed rusher.

**** he looks like he has just given up because he so out classes by the all the dlinemen on both the East and West side.

His UM ship needs to set sail, Ward is a Group of 5 player at best.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back