Army All-American game thread

Looks like Silvera and Campbell were named two of the top 10 overall performers
Here’s a blurb from 247

Who’s the best defensive tackle prospect in the country? It’s Ohio State signee Taron Vincent, who flashed on game day a couple times, but Miami pledge Nesta Silvera continued to make his case as arguably the most physical player the entire week. Silvera is twitchy and that allows him to be powerful as he consistently pushed offensive linemen around throughout the week. Silvera had two quarterback pressures in the Army Bowl on Saturday, a constant in the backfield during his time in Texas.

Throughout the week we saw all the top cornerbacks shine whether it was Patrick Surtain Jr., Isaac-Taylor-Stuart, Jalen Green, Brendan Radley-Hiles or Kyler McMichael, but the one we liked the best over the course of the week was Tyson Campbell out of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage. The instincts and the change-of-direction quickness along with the speed and length make Campbell a special prospect. Considering Georgia, Alabama and Miami among others, Campbell led the East with four tackles on game day. Green looks to be in line for a fifth-star as well.

Nesta reminds our old style DT. He is the template for what we need there. Love this kid.

Advertisement
Looks like Silvera and Campbell were named two of the top 10 overall performers
Here’s a blurb from 247

Who’s the best defensive tackle prospect in the country? It’s Ohio State signee Taron Vincent, who flashed on game day a couple times, but Miami pledge Nesta Silvera continued to make his case as arguably the most physical player the entire week. Silvera is twitchy and that allows him to be powerful as he consistently pushed offensive linemen around throughout the week. Silvera had two quarterback pressures in the Army Bowl on Saturday, a constant in the backfield during his time in Texas.

Throughout the week we saw all the top cornerbacks shine whether it was Patrick Surtain Jr., Isaac-Taylor-Stuart, Jalen Green, Brendan Radley-Hiles or Kyler McMichael, but the one we liked the best over the course of the week was Tyson Campbell out of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage. The instincts and the change-of-direction quickness along with the speed and length make Campbell a special prospect. Considering Georgia, Alabama and Miami among others, Campbell led the East with four tackles on game day. Green looks to be in line for a fifth-star as well.

Nesta reminds our old style DT. He is the template for what we need there. Love this kid.

Bingo.

You got to love the sub par tv guys that do these recruiting shows and these all star games. They have no skill and then have to work with 15-16-17 year olds and try and get them to answer basic questions in front of a large stadium. Same thing over and over. So why did you pick UT? "Because". Anything you want to say to the fans? "whsUP" Back to you john in the both. What a surprise he picked UT besides the fact that we threatened to not put him in this game if he committed early.

If these guys have a kid ranked number 1 they have to make sure he is #1 or they look bad. #1 2 ranked kid looks better? Not going to highlight that. Got a dad or brother in the pros? Going to highlight you and show old clips of him in past all star games.

The idea of letting the game play out and watch the drama unfold is not what they want. The agenda was put in place by September and it will always try to be executed in the game. The early signing period had to put a damper on these clowns as they thought we tune in only to watch kids pick hats but the game still went on surprisingly.

James Cook is the most overrated player I've ever seen. I still literally have no idea what the hype is

Made house calls against the most talented defenses in Miami and IMG. Great receiver with solid size. Explosive complementary back.

I think hes above average but nowhere near his hype. Honestly do you make a complementary back a 5 star?

I haven’t really seen the other backs in the running but I like Cook’s game. Every time I see him live his athleticism and burst stands out. He scored three TDs in 36 seconds against Carol City.

Don’t know anything about him off the field, but football-wise he should be a good fit in Georgia with those other backs. He also has upside as a corner.

Amon-Ra is the classic example of a kid who had spineless enabler adults in his life and grew up to be a piece of ****. Talented kid that seems like a walking violation or locker room cancer.

Kid is at an all star game, let him have fun.

Advertisement
No you can’t.

Yea u can. Some of y'all think actin tough on this site makes you some kinda cane fan when in real life you can't bust a ***** grape.

Who’s acting tough besides you? You’ve been deepthroating Cook the entire thread. Now if you wanna find out who’s actually tough i’ll DM you my address.

**** getting real quick, and fuq the cooks. Too many guys on this forum are sfla HS fans and want every kid to do well. I say if u diss UM fuq u if u didnt have an offer thats different

word, these dudes be sucking off every south florida kid. **** them if they aren’t with the U. especially Cook. dudea brother cut up our ******* turf after turncoating us.

First off bich I dotn suck off every south Florida kid. Some of them cats are overrated and don't amount to chit kinda like you. Two I'm in Kansas city, live downtown if you talked like this in my presense id slap the chit out of you baby boy

Agree.

He looked pretty dynamic to me as a WR - granted he had his HS QB throwing the ball to him at times.

Mater Dei was definitely loaded this year.

Amon-Ra is the classic example of a kid who had spineless enabler adults in his life and grew up to be a piece of ****. Talented kid that seems like a walking violation or locker room cancer.

Agree.

He looked pretty dynamic to me as a WR - granted he had his HS QB throwing the ball to him at times.

Mater Dei was definitely loaded this year.

Those Cali people YT comments been unbearable, they think that team can beat anybody. If they were in sfla they would have lost to someone in sfla I dont know who but someone would of beat them.

Campbell is definitely a day one starter at Miami...they talkin about moving him to #1 cb in the nation....Rumph gotta tell him it's his job to lose....

Advertisement
Sure Williams under threw pope in the army game but apparently he had one of the strongest arms at the camp. This is according to rivals
ROCKET ARM

This award goes to the quarterback with the best arm who showed the ability to make all the passes with zip on the football. No quarterback at Army had an insanely strong arm - as accuracy was more the story of the week - but Matt Corral wins this award. The Long Beach (Calif.) Poly four-star quarterback can zip the ball all over the field, it comes out so clean and smooth, and he’s maybe even better throwing on the run.

Honorable mention: All the quarterbacks in San Antonio had strong arms so this is a difficult category but we’ll go with four-star Miami signee Jarren Williams. On Day 1, his ball was sailing a little bit even though the receivers came down with a lot of his passes. Once he settled in, Williams was better but still showed off a really strong arm that could deliver the ball all over the field.

[MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]. Any info on LO not playing? Hurt?

It’s all star game, only so many plays each of the running backs(east had 4 of them) can play. It did seem like cook got most of the plays though.

It was the Lawrence and Cook show. They dominated the snaps for some reason.

The QB’s HS coach was the HC and Cooks HS coach was the RB coach...making more sense now.Smith was not about to let his kid get outshined and either was Lawrence’s even though he had a much harder time doing that.

Really?! That explains a lot, but its still terrible. Why/how is that even possible?

[MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]. Any info on LO not playing? Hurt?

It’s all star game, only so many plays each of the running backs(east had 4 of them) can play. It did seem like cook got most of the plays though.

It was the Lawrence and Cook show. They dominated the snaps for some reason.

The QB’s HS coach was the HC and Cooks HS coach was the RB coach...making more sense now.Smith was not about to let his kid get outshined and either was Lawrence’s even though he had a much harder time doing that.

Really?! That explains a lot, but its still terrible. Why/how is that even possible?

They select their coaches from the hs's that some of their prospects attend. Plenty of SFL coaches have coached in both this game and the UA game (Mike Rumph in 2015).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back