Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It blows my mind how people talk about last year and GT then praise Norvell and what’s he’s done at FSU as if 2020 and 2021 never happened. People thought he might get fired heading into last season because they were so bad even worse than with Willie **** they lost to a FCS school but you’d think the process to get FSU to this point never happened .
We all loved that loss to an FCS team. Jacksonville State if I recall.

Epic. I believe he walked into a way worse situation than Manny walked into when Richt retired. Slick Willy getting fired was too soon for us. Wish he would’ve stuck around another 2 years.

Norvell did a good job getting that team to win in year #3. He’s now in year #4 and they are a top 5 team.

He has a 2 year jump on Mario.

My expectation is for Mario to have a better year #3 than FSU. Hopefully beat them this year and next year.

We shall see how it plays out.

Advertisement
We all loved that loss to an FCS team. Jacksonville State if I recall.

Epic. I believe he walked into a way worse situation than Manny walked into when Richt retired. Slick Willy getting fired was too soon for us. Wish he would’ve stuck around another 2 years.

Norvell did a good job getting that team to win in year #3. He’s now in year #4 and they are a top 5 team.

He has a 2 year jump on Mario.

My expectation is for Mario to have a better year #3 than FSU. Hopefully beat them this year and next year.

We shall see how it plays out.

I really can’t overstate how bad it would be for them to sign Smith. Brock Glenn is legit. He will be the starter next year. And I don’t want to watch him throwing to Smith for three years. I’m praying for Hartline to come through here.

Yeah something like our coaches are lying slimeballs and cornrows and his staff stand for all that is right and good.

157AB3DD-BAAD-4EA6-8CA5-0AAA076C96E1.jpeg

The Blustein article is BULL****. They came with their paper right and made us look cheap.

There’s no way you can tell me he saw our DL play on Saturday and said “not for me.”

All of this he said, she said…fire this guy, for that guy…relationships blah blah is for clicks.

I’m a broke *** Cuban from the hood in Tampa and I’m telling you if it dont make money, it don’t make sense.

$$$$$$

CLOSE THREAD
Thats the problem he didnt see...he was up in tally committing to them

Advertisement
I'm so tired of seeing fans complain about other schools paying players like. You sound just like the whiners who were complaining about Ruiz outbidding their team last season. Teams can literally buy any top prospect. "But...but..they giving bags under the table". Use your own bags then or pay them more legally. The NIL era currently is basically step your money up or STFU. If you're not willing to pay for top prospects, you have no room to complain because nobody is stopping you from doing it
K, thanks for sharing

Advertisement
Blostein wrote an article today with the "backstory"

-- Entering the 2023 football season, FSU felt it was the frontrunner in Blount's recruitment. That thought only heightened after he got a chance to the watch the 'Noles beat down on LSU in Orlando to open the season. He and his family had a great relationship with area recruiter Randy Shannon as well as other members of FSU's coaching staff.

-- There was then a turning point in this recruitment: Blount's attendance at the Texas A&M at Miami game in early September. He watched the hometown Hurricanes beat the Aggies for one of Mario Cristobal's first big wins in Coral Gables. Following that win, Blount's recruitment trended heavily towards the 'Canes.

-- FSU attempted to stymie the momentum of Miami following that win by getting in contact with Blount and his family. That effort was to no avail as Blount announced his pledge to the 'Canes on Sept. 14. His commitment marked a massive sting for FSU as he was one of their top overall targets in the 2025 class regardless of position.

-- This is when the rumors started about reclassification for Blount. Blostein said he was able to confirm them "with a few well placed sources"

-- Another pivotal turning point in this saga was Miami's loss to Georgia Tech a few weeks ago. The Hurricanes had the lead and the game won before a poor coaching decision led them to an unprobable loss. blostein thinks this was the origin of Blount beginning to look around again.

-- It wasn't until last Friday before the 'Noles played Syracuse and the 'Canes played North Carolina that rumors of FSU making a major play for Blount started once again. And he was listening. Blostein said he was told that by the following Monday, Blount's chances of ending up in Miami's class were slim and there was confidence the Seminoles were going to pull off the flip

-- After hearing the buzz of a flip to FSU, Blostein said he confirmed Blount's intentions to be in Tallahassee over the weekend and purposefully did not report on any news regarding this recruitment early in the week as to not give away FSU's behind-the-scenes moves.

-- Everything was set for Blount to visit Tallahassee for the Duke game and then announce his decision at some point on Sunday. By Saturday at around midnight, everything was going according to plan. The intention was to still announce his flip to the 'Noles on Sunday.

-- That changed -- temporarily -- on Sunday morning however. Blount was only going to announce his reclassification to 2024 on Sunday and instead wait a week before announcing his flip.

-- Blostein said there was a massive push by Miami to attempt to have Blount leave FSU's campus without flipping his commitment. This push involved not only messaging from the Hurricanes' coaching staff, but also pressure from individuals directly surrounding Blount's life. Blostein said he was told the push worked for a few hours and the plan was to wait a week before making any decision on a flip.

-- Apparently Blount was still on campus at FSU at this time giving the Seminoles the chanceto play defense against Miami's effort. Blostein says he was told the FSU staff did not apply pressure to Blount -- they simply answered any questions he may have had about the program and essentially provided truth and clarity on some untrue narratives beind pushed by the opposing staff. FSU's honesty paid off as Blount departed the Moore Athletic Center on Sunday evening committed to the Seminoles.

Blount was actually watching the Seminoles' walkthrough practice and I'm told he was keeping an extremely close eye on the defensive line group.

That's the Nole story and apparently, they are sticking to it.....
What’s really ******* *** is this weirdo and Brenda ***gone post this **** and act indignant as if FSU is a bright white light in the fog of lying during recruiting. Like Norvell doesn’t lie thru his ******* teeth constantly. You do, say and pay whatever it takes to get a kid to commit.

Advertisement
Thinking about this situation a little more, I honestly don't see any other outcome given the kid wants to get paid immediately. He's going to look for bags and look to reclassify. Miami won't/can't offer the former, and rightfully won't overpay for a reclassified HS junior to ride pine for 1-2 years minimum.

I really wanted Blount, think he should be a Cane. But the business decisions he and his family are making just don't align with Miami. It's a **** shame. But it is what it is. I have no doubt Mario will fill the hole. Who knows, maybe he'll end up back with the Canes. If not, I hate the Noles, so it's impossible for me to wish him luck. ... Central smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back