Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the funny thing - if we do beat them and they drop one more ACC game (not likely, but still could happen), we would play UNC again for the ACCCGM and Norvell would stay home. Unlikely, but still possible and that would be delicious.

You better start calling all the local santeros and stocking up at your favorite botanico, because the only other remaining ACC games on Forfeit State's schedule other than UM are at Wake Forest and at Pitt. Both are 1-3 in ACC play. And we're 1-2 in ACC play.

For the "I hope FSU is undefeated when we play them" crowd, I really hope lessons are being learned this month.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm so tired of seeing fans complain about other schools paying players like. You sound just like the whiners who were complaining about Ruiz outbidding their team last season. Teams can literally buy any top prospect. "But...but..they giving bags under the table". Use your own bags then or pay them more legally. The NIL era currently is basically step your money up or STFU. If you're not willing to pay for top prospects, you have no room to complain because nobody is stopping you from doing it

Can we lock this thread and move on from buddy. Seems like he trolled us and is an FSU fan the whole time. Good luck to him. Next recruit up.

Here's the funny thing - if we do beat them and they drop one more ACC game (not likely, but still could happen), we would play UNC again for the ACCCGM and Norvell would stay home. Unlikely, but still possible and that would be delicious.

I don't see FSU losing to anyone else in the ACC unless it's us. They only have the Canes, Wake and Pitt to go. So they'll most likely have zero or one loss in the ACC and will be the top team in the ACCCG. Even if we do beat them, we need to run the table including UL. Even then, Duke and UNC look more likely to go the the ACCCG than us as the #2 team. Just keep winning and hopefully they all beat each other up.

You better start calling all the local santeros and stocking up at your favorite botanico, because the only other remaining ACC games on Forfeit State's schedule other than UM are at Wake Forest and at Pitt. Both are 1-3 in ACC play. And we're 1-2 in ACC play.

For the "I hope FSU is undefeated when we play them" crowd, I really hope lessons are being learned this month.

Anyone who hopes FSU is undefeated when we play them is not a real Miami fan. I hope they go winless every year. The worse FSU and UF do, the better our recruiting will be, creating a virtual cycle for us. Every time FSU and/or UF start winning, they not only clean up in northern FL, they come down to So FL and take top guys from our back yard. Always root against them. Always!

Anyone who hopes FSU is undefeated when we play them is not a real Miami fan. I hope they go winless every year. The worse FSU and UF do, the better our recruiting will be, creating a virtual cycle for us. Every time FSU and/or UF start winning, they not only clean up in northern FL, they come down to So FL and take top guys from our back yard. Always root against them. Always!

I, too, hope they go winless every year. But, I won't say these people aren't real Miami fans. I would (respectfully) say they are simply misguided Miami fans.

Advertisement
This boy ain’t no Bain, not even close. As I have stated earlier, good riddance. Not meant to be and after listening to he and parties involved, another cornflake McLain situation only with more $$ thrown at him. Weezlehasee is over paying, hasn’t played a down of college football yet.

Classic mercenary, a Miami kid and commit should never attend FSU. A freshman DL from your same HS is gonna be a freshman all American. The team is coming off a good win, and presumably you were offered good money. What do you do turn around reclassify and commit to the rivals a ******* month after your commitment. No faith or commitment to your word, city, or even yourself. Should be blackballed from Central and the city.

Only at Miami.

Advertisement
What was the narrative spewed by the Tallahassee writer about the Blount recruitment? Were shots fired at our coaches? Sorry if I missed it in the 54 pages.

The amount of money they're offering is going to be hard for him to turn down. They didn't offer Zaquan as much but he was in a similar situation

However, their deals are sketchy. The language in their deals give them an easy out to stop paying whenever they want or renegotiate and pay whenever they want. I've talked to several people that talk about the money they're "contracted" to pay and there's lots of doubt that they'll be able to make ends meet for all of it. Where it is going to come from is anyone's guess but they're doing whatever they can to build on the hype. Also, it's verbal offers. Probably going to change when the offer is put on paper.

Might be a decent deal if he goes in, stays healthy, produces at a high level, etc. They did it to Josh Farmer and he called their bs and entered the portal and forced them to hold onto their deal that they were going to try to lower to help cover their portal class.

Also, banking on Norvell staying and winning games because as soon as they start losing or he leaves and they don't like the new hire money will dry up, fans will revolt on NIL, or whatever and all these deals will be cut or stopped and they have the right to do that in the contracts they're drawing up.
Are these at all similar to some of the deals out there: promise to pay large “x amount” but you have to be represented by them if you play in the NFL?

Advertisement
J smith has checked off every box that’s says he isn’t coming here.
Deletes anything pro Miami and even said he would never come back on campus.

Comes to a game and leaves early.
All the same writers that said Blount was an fsu lock are also doubling down that J smith is a done deal.

If that’s true then Likely going public when we play them.
That’s what I am thinking especially the last part.

They beat us and then make it worse by him announcing for FSU.

It’s all a plan.

Like @gogeta said - use the portal to get you the wins, decent coaching in place and now get the recruits because you have a product on the field you can sell.

That’s what annoys me about Miami last year. Could’ve turned the whole roster over with transfers, win games while recruiting and having the Ruiz money, really dominate this year and then next year you are ready to be a perennial top 10.

But no, let’s just get blown out and embarrassed and then top it all with Georgia Tech game.

We can all pray that this Clemson win is a jumping off point for that turn around but I am a skeptic until it’s proven to me on the field after all of these years of bull****.

What was the narrative spewed by the Tallahassee writer about the Blount recruitment? Were shots fired at our coaches? Sorry if I missed it in the 54 pages.

See below:

Blostein wrote an article today with the "backstory"

-- Entering the 2023 football season, FSU felt it was the frontrunner in Blount's recruitment. That thought only heightened after he got a chance to the watch the 'Noles beat down on LSU in Orlando to open the season. He and his family had a great relationship with area recruiter Randy Shannon as well as other members of FSU's coaching staff.

-- There was then a turning point in this recruitment: Blount's attendance at the Texas A&M at Miami game in early September. He watched the hometown Hurricanes beat the Aggies for one of Mario Cristobal's first big wins in Coral Gables. Following that win, Blount's recruitment trended heavily towards the 'Canes.

-- FSU attempted to stymie the momentum of Miami following that win by getting in contact with Blount and his family. That effort was to no avail as Blount announced his pledge to the 'Canes on Sept. 14. His commitment marked a massive sting for FSU as he was one of their top overall targets in the 2025 class regardless of position.

-- This is when the rumors started about reclassification for Blount. Blostein said he was able to confirm them "with a few well placed sources"

-- Another pivotal turning point in this saga was Miami's loss to Georgia Tech a few weeks ago. The Hurricanes had the lead and the game won before a poor coaching decision led them to an unprobable loss. blostein thinks this was the origin of Blount beginning to look around again.

-- It wasn't until last Friday before the 'Noles played Syracuse and the 'Canes played North Carolina that rumors of FSU making a major play for Blount started once again. And he was listening. Blostein said he was told that by the following Monday, Blount's chances of ending up in Miami's class were slim and there was confidence the Seminoles were going to pull off the flip

-- After hearing the buzz of a flip to FSU, Blostein said he confirmed Blount's intentions to be in Tallahassee over the weekend and purposefully did not report on any news regarding this recruitment early in the week as to not give away FSU's behind-the-scenes moves.

-- Everything was set for Blount to visit Tallahassee for the Duke game and then announce his decision at some point on Sunday. By Saturday at around midnight, everything was going according to plan. The intention was to still announce his flip to the 'Noles on Sunday.

-- That changed -- temporarily -- on Sunday morning however. Blount was only going to announce his reclassification to 2024 on Sunday and instead wait a week before announcing his flip.

-- Blostein said there was a massive push by Miami to attempt to have Blount leave FSU's campus without flipping his commitment. This push involved not only messaging from the Hurricanes' coaching staff, but also pressure from individuals directly surrounding Blount's life. Blostein said he was told the push worked for a few hours and the plan was to wait a week before making any decision on a flip.

-- Apparently Blount was still on campus at FSU at this time giving the Seminoles the chanceto play defense against Miami's effort. Blostein says he was told the FSU staff did not apply pressure to Blount -- they simply answered any questions he may have had about the program and essentially provided truth and clarity on some untrue narratives beind pushed by the opposing staff. FSU's honesty paid off as Blount departed the Moore Athletic Center on Sunday evening committed to the Seminoles.

Blount was actually watching the Seminoles' walkthrough practice and I'm told he was keeping an extremely close eye on the defensive line group.

That's the Nole story and apparently, they are sticking to it.....

Larry Blustein is a legend who has covered high school football for 50+ years in South Florida he’s always taking the high road when writing these pieces on lots of these local kids-

He’s never going to come out with the real reasons which in a lot of cases are the real facts-

I love Blu he does a great job but, he won’t ruffle anyone’s feathers.
It wasn't Blustein. It was Zach Blostein

It blows my mind how people talk about last year and GT then praise Norvell and what’s he’s done at FSU as if 2020 and 2021 never happened. People thought he might get fired heading into last season because they were so bad even worse than with Willie **** they lost to a FCS school but you’d think the process to get FSU to this point never happened .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back