Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
What weirder to me isn’t that Blount would commit to FSU, I mean the program is doing well rn (even though I think it’s a pile of **** patched with duck tape). It’s how he did it and how ******* disrespectful it was, reclassify EE after committing a month earlier. Almost every single other local product it seems respects Mario and the program, even if they don’t commit to us. The disrespect that was shown was wild, and I wish him nothing but the worst. Not gonna get a warm welcome when he returns to the rock to get shelled.
It looks disrespectful through the lense of a fan but not really if you think about it. Reality is that FSU was always a threat. They kept winning and we had two major stumbles the previous two weeks. They saw a moment of weakness and attacked by offering a high end NIL deal.

Advertisement
It looks disrespectful through the lense of a fan but not really if you think about it. Reality is that FSU was always a threat. They kept winning and we had two major stumbles the previous two weeks. They saw a moment of weakness and attacked by offering a high end NIL deal.
I think it’s possible we were just used to up an offer. Who knows. l’m tired of us taking L’s though.

Idk it might just be how I was raised, but I don’t understand committing to something if I ain’t gonna follow through.

Advertisement
I think it’s possible we were just used to up an offer. Who knows. l’m tired of us taking L’s though.
I'm assuming at DT?

Yes

Overall? Class is stacking talent. We need to hold on to Jones and add two more transfer portal kids.

Ideally we also go up to tally and derail those *****.

Blostein wrote an article today with the "backstory"

-- Entering the 2023 football season, FSU felt it was the frontrunner in Blount's recruitment. That thought only heightened after he got a chance to the watch the 'Noles beat down on LSU in Orlando to open the season. He and his family had a great relationship with area recruiter Randy Shannon as well as other members of FSU's coaching staff.

-- There was then a turning point in this recruitment: Blount's attendance at the Texas A&M at Miami game in early September. He watched the hometown Hurricanes beat the Aggies for one of Mario Cristobal's first big wins in Coral Gables. Following that win, Blount's recruitment trended heavily towards the 'Canes.

-- FSU attempted to stymie the momentum of Miami following that win by getting in contact with Blount and his family. That effort was to no avail as Blount announced his pledge to the 'Canes on Sept. 14. His commitment marked a massive sting for FSU as he was one of their top overall targets in the 2025 class regardless of position.

-- This is when the rumors started about reclassification for Blount. Blostein said he was able to confirm them "with a few well placed sources"

-- Another pivotal turning point in this saga was Miami's loss to Georgia Tech a few weeks ago. The Hurricanes had the lead and the game won before a poor coaching decision led them to an unprobable loss. blostein thinks this was the origin of Blount beginning to look around again.

-- It wasn't until last Friday before the 'Noles played Syracuse and the 'Canes played North Carolina that rumors of FSU making a major play for Blount started once again. And he was listening. Blostein said he was told that by the following Monday, Blount's chances of ending up in Miami's class were slim and there was confidence the Seminoles were going to pull off the flip

-- After hearing the buzz of a flip to FSU, Blostein said he confirmed Blount's intentions to be in Tallahassee over the weekend and purposefully did not report on any news regarding this recruitment early in the week as to not give away FSU's behind-the-scenes moves.

-- Everything was set for Blount to visit Tallahassee for the Duke game and then announce his decision at some point on Sunday. By Saturday at around midnight, everything was going according to plan. The intention was to still announce his flip to the 'Noles on Sunday.

-- That changed -- temporarily -- on Sunday morning however. Blount was only going to announce his reclassification to 2024 on Sunday and instead wait a week before announcing his flip.

-- Blostein said there was a massive push by Miami to attempt to have Blount leave FSU's campus without flipping his commitment. This push involved not only messaging from the Hurricanes' coaching staff, but also pressure from individuals directly surrounding Blount's life. Blostein said he was told the push worked for a few hours and the plan was to wait a week before making any decision on a flip.

-- Apparently Blount was still on campus at FSU at this time giving the Seminoles the chanceto play defense against Miami's effort. Blostein says he was told the FSU staff did not apply pressure to Blount -- they simply answered any questions he may have had about the program and essentially provided truth and clarity on some untrue narratives beind pushed by the opposing staff. FSU's honesty paid off as Blount departed the Moore Athletic Center on Sunday evening committed to the Seminoles.

Blount was actually watching the Seminoles' walkthrough practice and I'm told he was keeping an extremely close eye on the defensive line group.

That's the Nole story and apparently, they are sticking to it.....
Writer’s self-gratification for “moving in the shadows,”

You’re so smart and cunning Mr. **** Writer.

Advertisement
$10M for 2 years. So $5M/yr. And then you add the $3M/yr which should be reliable. That's $8M/yr. I wouldn't be surprised if we were right in that range.

But see this is what I was saying is the problem with getting the top top guys. All you need is one school to offer say >10% of their total "nil cap" to land that player. Then you have say 25+ schools that can go all out for any one guy. Missouri can use say 20% on just Wingo and another 20% on just that 5star DT they have (doubt they stay committed, probably just collecting the NIL in HS after signing FinAid deal)... Now is it smart to offer 40% of your NIL fund on 2 5star guys, that aren't even a QB? imo no.... You can see how then if we are trying to be smart with our money and not massively overpaying then we could easily lose out on a bunch of top targets - just won't all be to the same school.

I think just objectively the best way to spend NIL money is just look at what percentage the NFL on average spends on each position group. However you have to factor in that NFL teams only have a 53 man roster, as opposed to the 85 we have in college. So that means positions like CB, WR which have more players on scholarship should get a bigger %.

Position% of NIL AllocationIf $8M/yr NIL CAP, Total Positional Spend in Thousand~# Scholarship players per positionAverage NIL spend/player in Thousand
QB15%$1,200K4$300K
RB4.5%$360K6$60K
WR12.5%$1,000K12$83K
TE4%$320K5$64K
OL19%$1,552K15$103K
DL11%$880K8$110K
EDGE11%$880K8$110K
LB7%$560K9$62K
CB12%$960K11$87K
S4%$320K5$64K

Now multiply by 4 or 5 to get a better total for a playoff level college team. The chicken farm giving them 10m will help them with 1-2 classes but long term a collection will need a steady stream of $30m if they want to keep their team on top. This isn’t just about signing elite kids but also retaining your top kids, signing a elite portal kids, and the college has to spend $60-100m/yr on staff/facilities some of which comes from donors.

Miami will not make a quick return to the top if FSU and UF plan to throw tons of money at this years classes while running out of money in 1-2 years. That said, maybe they win and find more donors. I do think Miami can eval and develop better than in the past thus getting more out of NIL. It means we need some elite kids in every class and we need to win! Winning matters not just for recruiting kids but also recruiting donors.

The Blustein article is BULL****. They came with their paper right and made us look cheap.

There’s no way you can tell me he saw our DL play on Saturday and said “not for me.”

All of this he said, she said…fire this guy, for that guy…relationships blah blah is for clicks.

I’m a broke *** Cuban from the hood in Tampa and I’m telling you if it dont make money, it don’t make sense.

$$$$$$

CLOSE THREAD

The Blustein article is BULL****. They came with their paper right and made us look cheap.

There’s no way you can tell me he saw our DL play on Saturday and said “not for me.”

All of this he said, she said…fire this guy, for that guy…relationships blah blah is for clicks.

I’m a broke *** Cuban from the hood in Tampa and I’m telling you if it dont make money, it don’t make sense.

$$$$$$

CLOSE THREAD
Then explain his mothers tweet about how “ no one in their right mind would allow their son to play for Miami fans”

Advertisement
Then explain his mothers tweet about how “ no one in their right mind would allow their son to play for Miami fans”
That ***** is looking for money bro. That’s a ghetto smokescreen. If you grow up in the trenches you know how to spot these things

Advertisement
That tells me I was right… He was never coming here, we were simply used to up FSUs offer which they did crushing us.
So he gets more money than we offered, plays for the team he wants to and doesn’t play for Miami fans. Sounds like a win-win-win all around for another South Florida turncoat.

Hard to believe how many L’s we’ve taken this cycle trying to harpoon the elusive 🐳

The good thing is that almost 100% of the time, kids who act like this, whose mothers speak on social media about another team, and who act erratically like he has, don’t pan out. Shemar, T.Valentine, Johnson kid from Cali, and Nesta come to mind…

I honestly want serious, hard working, no clout guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back