Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think losing a local Central kid who is this good really hurts no matter how you cut it. Hopefully he isn’t able to reclassify and we have time to make up ground. I personally don’t think Norvell’s recent success is sustainable but ngl he is way outperforming what I thought he would so far. We need to win some games and beat them at Doak this season to get back on track recruiting wise.

What’s weird is Paterson, Trader, Bain, Ray Ray … a lot of top local guys are buying into Mario but Blount flipped to FSU. That’s a head scratcher to me.

Advertisement
However, their deals are sketchy.

Their deals this year and next are fully funded by one guy. There is no uncertainty regarding the source. He gave $10mm. From what I’ve heard, they have ~$3mm/year pledged from other reliable folks. Many of the contracts I’ve seen with collectives come with trap doors — as opposed to deals direct with advertisers. Would expect FSU to fund their deals as promised for at least 2 years.

Canon Pickett likely going to FSU, and they are looking good for Kevin Ford Jr, too.

Told you guys last year they have cash. Get used to it.

Cash..
An offense and development to sell…
Strong portal usage..
Winning…

Some guys have all the luck…

Shady deal or sound business deal for the school…

You want Miami to sign big deals that aren’t in the best interest of the school…

Just take the L

Shady deal or sound business deal for the school…

You want Miami to sign big deals that aren’t in the best interest of the school…

Just take the L
I want them to keep the big talent home.. may take bigger deals now bc of the “suck tax” but that’ll continue to decline as we continue to win. But we need the talent to win big.

Advertisement
The amount of money they're offering is going to be hard for him to turn down. They didn't offer Zaquan as much but he was in a similar situation

However, their deals are sketchy. The language in their deals give them an easy out to stop paying whenever they want or renegotiate and pay whenever they want. I've talked to several people that talk about the money they're "contracted" to pay and there's lots of doubt that they'll be able to make ends meet for all of it. Where it is going to come from is anyone's guess but they're doing whatever they can to build on the hype. Also, it's verbal offers. Probably going to change when the offer is put on paper.

Might be a decent deal if he goes in, stays healthy, produces at a high level, etc. They did it to Josh Farmer and he called their bs and entered the portal and forced them to hold onto their deal that they were going to try to lower to help cover their portal class.

Also, banking on Norvell staying and winning games because as soon as they start losing or he leaves and they don't like the new hire money will dry up, fans will revolt on NIL, or whatever and all these deals will be cut or stopped and they have the right to do that in the contracts they're drawing up.
I gotcha. Bait and switch old as sales itself. Sad that most of these kids getting these offers don’t have people/family/handlers in their corner to have someone really reading the fine print or reviewing their contracts/offers.

A follow up if I may, do they put the offers in writing before they sign the LOIs

Their deals this year and next are fully funded by one guy. There is no uncertainty regarding the source. He gave $10mm. From what I’ve heard, they have ~$3mm/year pledged from other reliable folks. Many of the contracts I’ve seen with collectives come with trap doors — as opposed to deals direct with advertisers. Would expect FSU to fund their deals as promised for at least 2 years.
Is that more than UM?

Advertisement
What’s weird is Paterson, Trader, Bain, Ray Ray … a lot of top local guys are buying into Mario but Blount flipped to FSU. That’s a head scratcher to me.
What weirder to me isn’t that Blount would commit to FSU, I mean the program is doing well rn (even though I think it’s a pile of **** patched with duck tape). It’s how he did it and how ******* disrespectful it was, reclassify EE after committing a month earlier. Almost every single other local product it seems respects Mario and the program, even if they don’t commit to us. The disrespect that was shown was wild, and I wish him nothing but the worst. Not gonna get a warm welcome when he returns to the rock to get shelled.

Gotta put this thread to rest lol...
If this kid can't see us dominating with a bunch of backups or at the least very thin depth...you can't help a kid this dumb.
He could be an all American here...

Advertisement
You can’t get everybody.

I trust Mario can build a loaded Roster. The only question is the coaching, And he has two good coordinators. Just things play out.

THEY ALWAYS RECRUIT PRETTY WELL HELLMOST OF THE TIME BETTER THAN US STAR RANKING WISE.

THEY HAVE ALWAYS PAID UNDER THE TABLE SOME.

THEIR NIL PROGRAM IS/WAS SH*T. SO MAYBE THE PAY 4 PLAY IS WORKING BECAUSE KID i coachedWHO PLAYS THERE WASNT GETTING SH*T NIL WISE AND HE PLAYS/STARTS LOL. maybe they got it sorted out similar to uf ....

but i just think it could be pay 4 play collectives or whatever
This is exactly what it is. What they going to NIL for Hacksaw Jim Dugans car wash? Free car wash type sh

Advertisement
$10M for 2 years. So $5M/yr. And then you add the $3M/yr which should be reliable. That's $8M/yr. I wouldn't be surprised if we were right in that range.

But see this is what I was saying is the problem with getting the top top guys. All you need is one school to offer say >10% of their total "nil cap" to land that player. Then you have say 25+ schools that can go all out for any one guy. Missouri can use say 20% on just Wingo and another 20% on just that 5star DT they have (doubt they stay committed, probably just collecting the NIL in HS after signing FinAid deal)... Now is it smart to offer 40% of your NIL fund on 2 5star guys, that aren't even a QB? imo no.... You can see how then if we are trying to be smart with our money and not massively overpaying then we could easily lose out on a bunch of top targets - just won't all be to the same school.

I think just objectively the best way to spend NIL money is just look at what percentage the NFL on average spends on each position group. However you have to factor in that NFL teams only have a 53 man roster, as opposed to the 85 we have in college. So that means positions like CB, WR which have more players on scholarship should get a bigger %.

Position% of NIL AllocationIf $8M/yr NIL CAP, Total Positional Spend in Thousand~# Scholarship players per positionAverage NIL spend/player in Thousand
QB15%$1,200K4$300K
RB4.5%$360K6$60K
WR12.5%$1,000K12$83K
TE4%$320K5$64K
OL19%$1,552K15$103K
DL11%$880K8$110K
EDGE11%$880K8$110K
LB7%$560K9$62K
CB12%$960K11$87K
S4%$320K5$64K

A guy in Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back