Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
When we used to lose kids to other schools, "bags" was the reason. Now, we're losing kids to other schools and "they're staying home" was the reason.

In all seriousness, DTs are the toughest position - I'd argue - to lure away and sign. All the big boys are after them - UGA, Bama, OSU, etc routinely sign 2-3 of these kids a year.

We hired an elite recruiter head coach to land elite players at elite positions not to trust the evals

If you don’t want to accept we got outbid and believe in Santa clause then feel free too. Won’t be the first time nor the last we get outbid. We have outbid the Bama’s and UGA’s of the world with certain players. It happens to everyone because everyone’s evaluations. priorities and budgets are entirely different.
What could be more important than landing an elite DL from a feeder school? What priorities are you referring to? Budget? We haven’t landed a single “whale” at DT. You either have the money or don’t.

FSU about to be blackballed in Dade. They broke the code! LFG
So have we completed the full circle back to "we're a mid NIL competitor without Ruiz"?

I get the point that he was an FSU lean the whole process...but god****, it's gone from "we're the best offer on the table and kids aren't picking us" to "their offers were significantly better" again.

It's like a revolving door of excuses. We just pick and choose the one we want to use when we miss out on elite talent.

At the end of the day, I don't care if the kid went to x school because he got to blow the back out of some co-eds - you either land the kid, or you don't. And right now, we have at least three positions in this class with a glaring lack of quality and quantity. It's unacceptable under Mario.

Hopefully winning cures it, because if that doesn't...not sure anything will. To be definitively the third-best recruiting class in the state, under the head coach that's presumed to be one of the top recruiters on a national level...not sure how anyone can defend that. I would love to see you try.
fsu could lose all remaining games and he ain’t flipping. According to Flo, he low key hinted that everyone in his circle got broke off.

The previous comments about our nil being “on par” is not matching g the results.

I know that this staff likes to see kids work out and Mario has some character traits that he prioritizes. But no way that every single elite dt we targeted had an issue.

That only leaves 2 possibilities.
One, our nil has been overhyped, hence getting beat and also jacked in our own backyard to our biggest rival.
Two, they really think they’re gonna flip a few.

Only one of those is likely imo.
Unless Mario is more of a G than we think he is, I don’t see a way we’re flipping one or two elite DT’s. Some of those dudes are already cashing checks.

Advertisement
If you don’t want to accept we got outbid and believe in Santa clause then feel free too. Won’t be the first time nor the last we get outbid. We have outbid the Bama’s and UGA’s of the world with certain players. It happens to everyone because everyone’s evaluations. priorities and budgets are entirely different.

Believing in Santa Claus is perfect …

…. Memphis Mike is the Grinch who Stole Recruiting…

“Mario CristoClaus feels good here”

fsu could lose all remaining games and he ain’t flipping. According to Flo, he low key hinted that everyone in his circle got broke off.

The previous comments about our nil being “on par” is not matching g the results.

I know that this staff likes to see kids work out and Mario has some character traits that he prioritizes. But no way that every single elite dt we targeted had an issue.

That only leaves 2 possibilities.
One, our nil has been overhyped, hence getting beat and also jacked in our own backyard to our biggest rival.
Two, they really think they’re gonna flip a few.

Only one of those is likely imo.
Unless Mario is more of a G than we think he is, I don’t see a way we’re flipping one or two elite DT’s. Some of those dudes are already cashing checks.
The other thing you have to understand...and please, this is not meant to be a shot at any TRUE insiders on here...

The information a MAJORITY of them are getting is from a similar source - the staff. It's not them that are spewing their own bs (unless they're fraud insiders just piggy-backing on others looking for clout, and I'll let posters come to their own senses as to who is real and who isn't)...it's the staff.

What's been consistent this whole cycle? The hype and fluff, the false sense of confidence regarding at least a dozen recruits so far...and when the results don't match, there's always an excuse. When they do hit, there's an incessant bravado sense of "I told you so!" When it doesn't...excuses come forth. A majority of that false bravado is from the staff being constantly played or having zero idea of where they actually stand in a big-boy recruitment.

Go back and look at tons of threads, you'll realize what I'm talking about. Very few "insiders" have a variety of sources, or sources that extend beyond the walls of the University of Miami. Those that do, tend to be the legit ones.

A lot of you are sheep and hang onto every word, and then get emotional when it doesn't pan out the way you expected. You've got to use your brain and cypher through the timeline/information.

Last edited:
There is something terribly wrong with DT recruiting
Disagree. We went after the top 5 players at the position nationally. These dudes are the 2nd biggest commodity in football behind top tier qb. There were no backup plans, or maybe there are behind the scenes. It was hyped up and fell short. If we land 2 mid 4* or an up and coming Horton type, will that not be a good get? The expectation wasn’t met but in reality pulling one of those dudes would have been massive.

Disagree. We went after the top 5 players at the position nationally. These dudes are the 2nd biggest commodity in football behind top tier qb. There were no backup plans, or maybe there are behind the scenes. It was hyped up and fell short. If we land 2 mid 4* or an up and coming Horton type, will that not be a good get? The expectation wasn’t met but in reality pulling one of those dudes would have been massive.
I wish I could be this delusional..

Advertisement
I hope you're right

Advertisement
So why is all the blame on Big Joe and not JT??
I personally think he ends up sliding inside a bit, he's already 260 and probably can put on 15-20lbs of muscle at the snap of a finger.

But I don't really care who you want to blame. You can blame Chewbacca Donna Shalala if you want, fact is we're not landing premier talent at multiple positions, which includes the DL.

Joe gets the heat (even though it all leads back to Mario) because it's his position that only has a G5 Daylen Russell as his sole commit when "this time, it was personal"

I hope you're right
Me too. Just saying, the entire narrative revolves around McCray, Breland, Justin Scott, Stone, and Kam. Those are 5 of the top 30 overall players in the country and the biggest recruits out there outside of a few qb Smith/Ellis, and Stewart/Simmons. Shot our shot and still are. Think about it though, we are and we’re involved with the absolute cream of the crop.

Just saying landing one would have been a huge deal. Scott was ours for a long time in recruitment. Stone told staff he was coming day of, why you think his little cousins had Miami bed sheet at the commitment. Weird scenario. McCray and Kam big losses. No other way around it. All are but these were the major recruiting battles of the year and came up short. Gotta win and show proof of concept. Saturday went a long way in starting that.

I personally think he ends up sliding inside a bit, he's already 260 and probably can put on 15-20lbs of muscle at the snap of a finger.

But I don't really care who you want to blame. You can blame Chewbacca Donna Shalala if you want, fact is we're not landing premier talent at multiple positions, which includes the DL.
I agree. It's a loss nonetheless. Truthfully, I'm just joking about the blame part BUT I was legit confused on Blount's position based on the thread title and then the responses in here.

Advertisement
I wish I could come on a message board with zero insight and be a know it all based on “reports.”
Did I state we were landing or not landing someone? What reports? You saying you don't think DT recruiting is a failure is delusional, full stop.

Need more of our fans to stop wishing for FSU to be undefeated every year until we play them.
This is what happens. Would the flip have happened if FSU was WINLESS?

That’s what we should be rooting for when it comes to FSU.

Wish for dumb things, lose big prizes.

Do you think the wishes of the fans has any impact on what happens on the field?
Not sure really who you are blaming on this situation.

Yes of course because some fans wishing for FSU to be undefeated is what allowed them to be undefeated. Great porst!
Of course what fans wish for has no impact.

The point is that when our fans want FSU undefeated, they are actively rooting for FSU's success, which includes recruiting, program perception, etc.

Did I state we were landing or not landing someone? What reports? You saying you don't think DT recruiting is a failure is delusional, full stop.
We should have gone after lesser players to get them on board without striking out on the biggest national recruits out there. Would that have changed the narrative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back