Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Somebody clear this up for me please.... the title says he's a DE......But ppl here are complaining(rightfully so) about our DT recruiting and blaming Big Joe for this loss. So this isn't on Gold-Jacket JT?? Is Blount a DE or a DT??? someone help pleeeeaaaassseee! I really need to throw this blame on the right person. Thanks.

They already got outbid by a lot (which is insane), it's over.
Well, in theory, if he got $3M to verbally commit there’s nothing stopping someone else from bidding $17M to get him to change his mind before December.

Advertisement
I wonder what the narrative will be when we beat them at Dork Shambles Stadium. And yes, we absolutely can beat them as long as we don’t beat ourselves. We need to go in with the mindset of destroying cornrow Mike and that trash program. No mercy.
I'm hoping we are healthy just in time to rock them.

Somebody clear this up for me please.... the title says he's a DE......But ppl here are complaining(rightfully so) about our DT recruiting and blaming Big Joe for this loss. So this isn't on Gold-Jacket JT?? Is Blount a DE or a DT??? someone help pleeeeaaaassseee! I really need to throw this blame on the right person. Thanks.
I think at 250 right now he becomes 270 and is onr those DL that can line up anywhere

Advertisement
There is something terribly wrong with DT recruiting

Not having Saudi money is one issue.

Also, I have somewhat of a similar feeling on Smith as I did here. Not exactly, because I always thought that Blount would go to FSU. It's where his family wants him, it's where he was heavily leaning for a while before he surprisingly committed here.

With Smith, I don't think his family wants him there specifically nor do I think he has been leaning there for a while like Blount was, but I tried to tell people last week that Blount was possibly doing what he did, and in typical fanboy fashion, I was laughed at and people said it's impossible. Like anything in recruiting is impossible, but I digress. I feel a similar way with Smith. We need to hope Taint can hold onto him, but at this point, I am leaning towards thinking he will be in FSU's class, which would be a much bigger blow than Blount going there. MUCH bigger.

Bout 2 months to go.....

So have we completed the full circle back to "we're a mid NIL competitor without Ruiz"?

I get the point that he was an FSU lean the whole process...but god****, it's gone from "we're the best offer on the table and kids aren't picking us" to "their offers were significantly better" again.

It's like a revolving door of excuses. We just pick and choose the one we want to use when we miss out on elite talent.

At the end of the day, I don't care if the kid went to x school because he got to blow the back out of some co-eds - you either land the kid, or you don't. And right now, we have at least three positions in this class with a glaring lack of quality and quantity. It's unacceptable under Mario.

Hopefully winning cures it, because if that doesn't...not sure anything will. To be definitively the third-best recruiting class in the state, under the head coach that's presumed to be one of the top recruiters on a national level...not sure how anyone can defend that. I would love to see you try.

Last edited:
While losing Blount is a HUGE loss, I will try to look at the flip side of the coin here. Recruiting is no longer just limited to high school anymore. The portal has been equally or in some cases (FSU) more important than high school recruiting. Hitting on the right guys in the transfer portal means that you get college ready athletes who are ready to contribute immediately rather than having to go through a S&C regimen first to see the field. Can't minimize the loss of an elite high school prospect, but there might be a fixable solution lurking in the portal.

He’ll be tryna run home when the glitter boys start hitting on him. But then again he might like it considering he’s a ******* SEMENHOLE.

Advertisement

DE all the way

Advertisement
While losing Blount is a HUGE loss, I will try to look at the flip side of the coin here. Recruiting is no longer just limited to high school anymore. The portal has been equally or in some cases (FSU) more important than high school recruiting. Hitting on the right guys in the transfer portal means that you get college ready athletes who are ready to contribute immediately rather than having to go through a S&C regimen first to see the field. Can't minimize the loss of an elite high school prospect, but there might be a fixable solution lurking in the portal.
So yes in theory, this is true. In a perfect world, you land 2-high caliber DT's that provide instant-impact in the way we've seen Bear Alexander do it at USC (despite the rest of the defense turtle-shelling), FSU's acquisitions, etc.

****, throw in DB's while we're at it, a top tier QB, a safety, (yeah, now you're starting to understand why I'm growing concerned with this recruiting class, because we have A LOT of holes to fix if we want to be a 9+ win program in 2024). But you have to understand the very reasonable reservations I (and many others) have about the ability to land those guys. They are coveted by literally every major program in America.

1. If Mario Cristobal, who's forte is high school recruiting - can't land high school DT's, where is the confidence coming from that you think snagging a top 3 DT in the portal is remotely probable? You're going to have to fight off schools like Bama, UGA, LSU, Ohio St, Texas, A&M, FSU, UF, etc...

2. On top of that, we're getting out-bid by UF and FSU for recruits...you think we're going to out-bid some of these national programs for recruits that highly sought-after???

Yeah...let's just say I'm skeptical about that...we're not recruiting well enough at the position, AND we're not shelling out top dollar...math doesn't add up. We REALLY need Burroughs to be a dude, because we lucked out with that pickup.

Big loss.

But there's plenty of time to replace him since I'm assuming he wouldn't have contributed much until the 2025 season.

Smith to FSU would be a disaster though. Would be on the same level as watching Dalvin Cook destroy us every year for 3 years.

Gotta stop using the Payday excuse we just got beat period
If you don’t want to accept we got outbid and believe in Santa clause then feel free too. Won’t be the first time nor the last we get outbid. We have outbid the Bama’s and UGA’s of the world with certain players. It happens to everyone because everyone’s evaluations. priorities and budgets are entirely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back