Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is kinda weird kids like this can tell Jason Taylor no…Not to mention the way his mama loves UM. Unless that's part of the hustle as well?

But crabby said monster bag and I believe it.
It’s done. He’s not one of us so **** him. I hope he’s a jag that gets portaled over in a couple years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
last time he was at fsu right when he got back him and his mom were with mario and jt -- then he made the move and comitted.. seemed like them 4 had a great realtionship, would love know how fake of a kid to be to switch sides like that and not be a man of your word -- well not a a man yet but lets not treat this kids like theyre in middle school now
His Dad isn’t around?

I refuse to get worked up over kids anymore.

The biggest thing about last night was the talent gap.....did not exist.....

Mario has his issues but building a team ain't one of them.

7-2 headed into FSU and knocking them off let's you write your own checks nationally.
Right? Putting aside your (good) point about overall talent and I just don't understand the hate for the kid changing his mind when the circumstances changed.
We haven't heard anything that suggests that he trolled our coaches so sure... be mad at FSU, at Mario/Joe/JT/Boosters/ETC for not being able to keep him, even be upset with him picking another school but to suggest that he is somehow not being a 'man' about it or saying '**** him'... it's - ironically in the case of people saying he is not a man - childish.

Reactions: JD4
We have our best season in recent memory and some south florida guys still leave

But it’s not as good as the seasons as the schools these kids are leaving for.

Some top guys just aren’t going to come to Miami regardless if Miami goes 12-0 and wins a Natty.

Advertisement
That's part of the problem. South Florida is a mercenary culture, it's amazing how many high school coaches down there are obviously Anti-UM, will actively drive kids away from the school, and somehow they keep their jobs and influence. Maybe because I grew up in a different environment, but I couldn't imagine a Dallas HS coach actively pushing kids away from UT for OU, and it not being a legit issue. FSU and UF might as well have half the coaches in South Florida on their payroll, because they work as recruiting agents for those schools.
They aren’t anti um or pushing kids away, most of them are um fans..The reality is alot of them dont have the control yall think hey have. Also its like y’all have bad memory…

Like the same staff blount is playing for coached wesley,bain,and a current commit. The school he transferred from we got njalik and chris johnson from, kids just do what they want lol most of the times us fans start these narratives and blow them out of proportion

We have our best season in recent memory and some south florida guys still leave

Honestly not meant as a flame…But even Butch Davis didn't get all of them…Dead in the heart of our rise. Bat about 60–70% on Sofla offers and you are doing well.

I mean Schelly may have did better when it all got started. But kids are gonna leave even when you are doing well, maybe even at a little higher rate today because it's a smaller world. Overall Cristoball has done very well thus far in South Florida.

Right? Putting aside your (good) point about overall talent and I just don't understand the hate for the kid changing his mind when the circumstances changed.
We haven't heard anything that suggests that he trolled our coaches so sure... be mad at FSU, at Mario/Joe/JT/Boosters/ETC for not being able to keep him, even be upset with him picking another school but to suggest that he is somehow not being a 'man' about it or saying '**** him'... it's - ironically in the case of people saying he is not a man - childish.

Can’t ever get upset at a kid.

The staff is paid to make the top players want to be here.

They have failed to do that at DL. That’s not a recruit problem. That’s a staff problem.

Advertisement
Did you see our portal class last time around, my man?
Yeah he has to do better i simply saying blunt isnt even close to Bain and i wasnt very impressed watching him. He shouldn’t be a 5 star player

That's part of the problem. South Florida is a mercenary culture, it's amazing how many high school coaches down there are obviously Anti-UM, will actively drive kids away from the school, and somehow they keep their jobs and influence. Maybe because I grew up in a different environment, but I couldn't imagine a Dallas HS coach actively pushing kids away from UT for OU, and it not being a legit issue. FSU and UF might as well have half the coaches in South Florida on their payroll, because they work as recruiting agents for those schools.

It's as cutthroat as it gets.

Coach gets a new job somewhere, the good players follow him there.

I also wouldn't say the coaches are anymore anti-UM than the city is. There are a **** load of UF, FSU, and other schools fans around. We haven't been good in these kids lifetimes. What have we given them besides talk of whatever the new coach plans when they come in? Hopes and dreams for this program will only get you so far, you need to show it on the field.

Texas is a different animal. That state is all about being a Longhorn or Aggie. Kind of how when you're in Alabama, they ask who you're for, Bama or Burn. We won't ever see that kind of devotion and following down south.

Lastly, what we're seeing is the big state schools catching up and lapping us in the NIL arms race. Those big alumni bases can generate a ton of money and quickly. We've gotta start making our dollars more valuable. You do that by winning and then producing draft picks.

We're basically Nebraska right now, a once great who thinks they deserve something because or what we did long ago. Kids today don't care about that. To add to it, moving away has never been as close as it is now. All games are televised and since there's NIL (pay for play), it's no big deal to get momma and the siblings to a game wherever. Most kids back in the day stayed close to home, that day is gone.

Gotta become relevant. Last night was a step, but it's a long stairway.

Advertisement
They aren’t anti um or pushing kids away, most of them are um fans..The reality is alot of them dont have the control yall think hey have. Also its like y’all have bad memory…

Like the same staff blount is playing for coached wesley,bain,and a current commit. The school he transferred from we got njalik and chris johnson from, kids just do what they want lol most of the times us fans start these narratives and blow them out of proportion

Exactly…Well said. Not going to get them all.

Reactions: E1k
If we are being real we haven't done anything yet. We have won 5 games this messageboard was on Mario head pause before kick off last weekend. We have the opportunity to make a statement against FSU we also can just try and get 8 Ws atleast this year. As of right now though we have beat 8&4 and a Clemson team that isn't close to what it used to be.

It was a minor miracle he committed to UM in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back