Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
after last season he was responsible for landing the best recruit we've like ever landed here lol
He had a personal relationship with that kid and his family which is great, but that doesn’t make him a good recruiter. We can give him a paid analyst position for a one off recruit like that not one of the few on the field roles that needs to recruit everyone

And one played at a FL school. That was fortunate. You can’t bank on that every year.

There were 3 transfer OL in the portal 247 even gave a 93 college grade on.

Fortunately Mario landed 2 of them. That’s just not repeatable.
... so we have successfully gotten ol in the portal. We won't need to bank on that every year because we won't need the portal for OL every year.

Advertisement
He had a personal relationship with that kid and his family which is great, but that doesn’t make him a good recruiter. We can give him a paid analyst position for a one off recruit like that not one of the few on the field roles that needs to recruit everyone
We wanted him to bring in poly kids. He brought the top recruit in we've like every gotten. He did what he was brought in to do last year if you ask me. If we can have him in an analyst role, I'm good with that. If come NSD we don't have a good DT class and we can upgrade that I'm good with that too. But people are also not paying any attention if they think he's the only one recruiting DTs lol. I've already shown that Jason Taylor is on most of these DTs too. Jason Taylor was recruiting Blount along with Salavea. That's just a fact. It's also a fact Blount was likely to at least start at EDGE here - not Dt...

I don’t think anyone in sfla is on the same page enough for anyone to be blackballed lol this ain’t like texas to where u will see real consequences if u do some flaw ****.
That's part of the problem. South Florida is a mercenary culture, it's amazing how many high school coaches down there are obviously Anti-UM, will actively drive kids away from the school, and somehow they keep their jobs and influence. Maybe because I grew up in a different environment, but I couldn't imagine a Dallas HS coach actively pushing kids away from UT for OU, and it not being a legit issue. FSU and UF might as well have half the coaches in South Florida on their payroll, because they work as recruiting agents for those schools.

Advertisement
We wanted him to bring in poly kids. He brought the top recruit in we've like every gotten. He did what he was brought in to do last year if you ask me. If we can have him in an analyst role, I'm good with that. If come NSD we don't have a good DT class and we can upgrade that I'm good with that too. But people are also not paying any attention if they think he's the only one recruiting DTs lol. I've already shown that Jason Taylor is on most of these DTs too. Jason Taylor was recruiting Blount along with Salavea. That's just a fact. It's also a fact Blount was likely to at least start at EDGE here - not Dt...
Didn’t we miss on two poly kids already this cycle? Joe is literally related (think brother of can’t remember) Francis’ old high school football coach in America Samoa before he went to IMG.

Bringing in one kid your brother literally coached in high school can’t be your own reason to be the DL coach.

Didn’t we miss on two poly kids already this cycle? Joe is literally related (think brother of can’t remember) Francis’ old high school football coach in America Samoa before he went to IMG.

Bringing in one kid your brother literally coached in high school can’t be your own reason to be the DL coach.
Right the reason could be because he's a good dl coach too lol.

last time he was at fsu right when he got back him and his mom were with mario and jt -- then he made the move and comitted.. seemed like them 4 had a great realtionship, would love know how fake of a kid to be to switch sides like that and not be a man of your word -- well not a a man yet but lets not treat this kids like theyre in middle school now
You guys all act like you would never consider switching jobs even if you were given a significantly better offer... before you even started with the original company that hired you. At least he didn't wait until the last minute to do it and leave us hanging.

I had someone within the first week of working for me come to me and say that he applied to multiple jobs before starting with us and one of the other companies just got back to him and was offering him 50% more. He was very worried about the professionalism of quitting after a week, but I told him he would be dumb not to take the extra money.

I am upset that Blount flipped and wish he had stayed/will come back, but if FSU is offering him that much more (like some have said), then he would be a fool not to at the very least consider it. It's not like he is going to go play for some school w/o any track record; as much as we hate FSU, they are doing alright. Besides, how many of you are upset when a player flips to Miami? I don't see people calling them out for not being a man.

Advertisement
You guys all act like you would never consider switching jobs even if you were given a significantly better offer... before you even started with the original company that hired you. At least he didn't wait until the last minute to do it and leave us hanging.

I had someone within the first week of working for me come to me and say that he applied to multiple jobs before starting with us and one of the other companies just got back to him and was offering him 50% more. He was very worried about the professionalism of quitting after a week, but I told him he would be dumb not to take the extra money.

I am upset that Blount flipped and wish he had stayed/will come back, but if FSU is offering him that much more (like some have said), then he would be a fool not to at the very least consider it. It's not like he is going to go play for some school w/o any track record; as much as we hate FSU, they are doing alright. Besides, how many of you are upset when a player flips to Miami? I don't see people calling them out for not being a man.
I refuse to get worked up over kids anymore.

The biggest thing about last night was the talent gap.....did not exist.....

Mario has his issues but building a team ain't one of them.

7-2 headed into FSU and knocking them off let's you write your own checks nationally.

Advertisement
It is kinda weird kids like this can tell Jason Taylor no…Not to mention the way his mama loves UM. Unless that's part of the hustle as well?

But crabby said monster bag and I believe it.

a high school kid doesn't always see it that way. he sees 6-0 FSU. He is from Florida and that record is the same as UGA and better than Bama.

His not going to FSU cause they have more wins then Miami. Like I said FSU coming back down next year with all the transfers that are leaving

No way around it. This ******* hurt badly they won the battle on this one 💰But like I said I hope it was worth it for them because they burned some bridges on this one. But no way to sugarcoat it this hurts. This one was personal for me and the kid is a generational talent
Incredible that NIL is now a problem again. I dont want anyone to say it's not when we can't beat out our main rivals for an insanely important recruit. The optics of this are horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back