Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Next D$ Bank will be like…
Scrooge Mcduck Money GIF

Advertisement
From FSU 247:
Regarding the reclassification rumors, Blount provided an update on where things stand with that decision.

"It was an option but right now, I'm not too really focused on that option right now. It was an option yes," Blount said.

When asked whether he thinks he is going to reclassify to 2024, he responded 'I don't think so.'

From FSU 247:
Regarding the reclassification rumors, Blount provided an update on where things stand with that decision.

"It was an option but right now, I'm not too really focused on that option right now. It was an option yes," Blount said.

When asked whether he thinks he is going to reclassify to 2024, he responded 'I don't think so.'
You can tell they are on the outside looking in. Their insiders connected to their staff are asking him if this was even a possibility.

Our insiders, connected to our staff knew that it was an option because it was most likely our staff working on making it a reality along with the kid.

Based on that alone... who do you think is in a better spot?

Advertisement
Plus a couple more portal DTs. We'll lose 5-6 DTs after this year and we only signed 3 DTs last 3 recruiting cycles that are still on the roster - that ain't gonna cut it.

I think 3 more is the right number with what the roster has. Horton and Collins A should be able to move to the bottom of 2 Deep next year as 3rd stringers and take a couple snaps in rotation.

With one transfer already practicing for next year, I think its one more DT recurit plus transfer. which would be bringing in 4 guys for next years roster.

Advertisement
My $0.02 is that I prefer he stay in 2025. We just got the Alabama transfer Burroughs and 2024 is already loaded with top DL. We need to land some of those dudes. Keep our current verbals, get Pickett, Breland and/or McCray, and then claw back 2-3 of the other top targets that verballed elsewhere.

*yes, I know I'm mixing and matching classic DEs, NTs, 3 Techs and Rush Ends. But with Guidry, there's not really a number assigned to any one DL spot, so I'm grouping them all like we do with the 3 WR position types

My $0.02 is that I prefer he stay in 2025. We just got the Alabama transfer Burroughs and 2024 is already loaded with top DL. We need to land some of those dudes. Keep our current verbals, get Pickett, Breland and/or McCray, and then claw back 2-3 of the other top targets that verballed elsewhere.
DL and OL are the last two position groups I want guys reclassifying at. Those two spots take the longest to get their bodies ready for the college game.

If the kid wants to be a Cane, and can reclassify, why not lock him up now?

Secure his LOI in 3 months instead of 15. Get him in the S&C program. Telling him to not reclassify (when say FSU, etc. would 100% let him) and wait another 15 months is a very dangerous game to play that we should all know better than by now. Especially with an elite DL talent of all positions. He’s better off being in UM’s S&C program a year young than a high school type diet.

Lock him up. Now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back