Arky State Game cancelled Thread

Advertisement
I'm glad they cancelled it. Can't even imagine what it would be like for the guys to be playing a game while wondering how their family is doing during a massive potential natural disaster. Not exactly the best mindset to have while playing a football game.

"The Canes Hoops team will be staying in Atlanta for the duration of #HurricaineIrma . Team leaving this morning." Why is one team leaving and the other staying?

Considering the track of the storm now, this thing could affect more than just this game. How will the campus fare, will Tally get any damage, not to be captain obvious, but this is a massive storm and if you've ever been through one you know what it can be like.

Advertisement
Yeah like Miami was planning to travel back to Miami when the storm is supposed to hit late Saturday night or Sunday evening.

That doesn't make sense. I thought Miami was planning on staying in atlanta anyways.

This looks like a cop out, and weak move by flake.

Really? As I stated in my previous post, this isn't even about football. Our players are fromthe counties of Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Lee, Collier, Glades, Martin. Imagine these kids get stuck in Arkansas post-game while the hurricane hits their homes and not knowing the status of their families.

****, let's make this about football for a second - would you want our kids hitting the field knowing there was a cat 4-5 hurricane about to hit their homes within the next 24 hours? Football would be one of the last things on my mind.

****ed the game is cancelled but think this helps us for FSU. Team is healthy. No more scrimmages. Game time

My thoughts initially but players are able to go home now for safety reasons and who knows when they'll be able to come back. Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday of next week?

Well, at least we'll get a real world test of the hurricane resistance of the IPF...athough if a tornado...all bets are off. God, remember Andrew. All you all in the 305 be safe!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Well, at least we'll get a real world test of the hurricane resistance of the IPF...athough if a tornado...all bets are off. God, remember Andrew. All you all in the 305 be safe!

What IPF?

Hope everyone is safe. I also hope this doesn't come back to bite us in getting into the playoffs.

Yeah like Miami was planning to travel back to Miami when the storm is supposed to hit late Saturday night or Sunday evening.

That doesn't make sense. I thought Miami was planning on staying in atlanta anyways.

This looks like a cop out, and weak move by flake.

Really? As I stated in my previous post, this isn't even about football. Our players are fromthe counties of Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Lee, Collier, Glades, Martin. Imagine these kids get stuck in Arkansas post-game while the hurricane hits their homes and not knowing the status of their families.

****, let's make this about football for a second - would you want our kids hitting the field knowing there was a cat 4-5 hurricane about to hit their homes within the next 24 hours? Football would be one of the last things on my mind.

Miami football team was evacuating to Atlanta today that was reported.

Are they staying in Miami during the storm?

Are their families? I thought people evacuated?

One thing I do know is traveling back is not a good excuse.

Miami was not going to travel back into the eye of the storm.

They should've just stated players concerned for their families well being.

Advertisement
Everyone needs to focus on their families because that will stop the storm from hitting us. Just sit there and stare really hard at your family for the next few days. It works.

Advertisement

IMG_4864.GIF

Everyone needs to focus on their families because that will stop the storm from hitting us. Just sit there and stare really hard at your family for the next few days. It works.

For some of these posters, I think they should form a human chain to welcome Irma to land. A hug always saves the day.

Advertisement
Back