Arkansas vs Miss St (Enos offense vs Grantham defense)

Is it at all possible that he might not run the exact same plays he ran at Arkansas?

Have any of you guys figured that due to the fact that all his play calling at Arkansas is on film that maybe he might've adjusted his playbook to fit his personnel over the years?

Crazy idea, but it's possible for an OC to add or subtract certain plays from their playbook based on the talent they have to work with & the opponent they're facing.

There are things that Diaz has done here as a DC at Miami that he didn't do Texas, La Tech & Miss St.

Yall are acting like Enos is going to call the exact same sequences play for play the exact same way from 4 years ago lol. And given the fact he's not a complete idiot, there's a good chance he's learned a lot more since the last time he faced Grantham's Defense & has a better understanding of how to scheme against him.
Liberty City El what do you think will be the best way to attack Grantham defense

Advertisement
Liberty City El what do you think will be the best way to attack Grantham defense
By keeping them off balance, attack them early & often, force them to pull their Safeties back out of the box & utilize tons of misdirection & motion. Aggression is the key, we need to throw the kitchen sink at'em.

If we play conservative trying to sneak the ball up the field their Defense will feast. We need to take the same approach Cuse took when they beat Clemson in 2017, hit the ground running from coin flip & keep your foot on the gas. Obviously we don't run the same scheme but we can still go at faster pace than expected.

We'll work the middle of the field a lot with our 2 TE sets, but we're also going to have to let our WR's win some one on one matchups vs their Corners. Have to get JT4, KJ & the rest of this WR group involved in the game.

We have to come out & hit them in the mouth, if we play scared football we lose, we must attack, attack & attack some more. The only way to neutralize their Defense is to force them reeling back on their heels all game long.

By keeping them off balance, attack them early & often, force them to pull their Safeties back out of the box & utilize tons of misdirection & motion. Aggression is the key, we need to throw the kitchen sink at'em.

If we play conservative trying to sneak the ball up the field their Defense will feast. We need to take the same approach Cuse took when they beat Clemson in 2017, hit the ground running from coin flip & keep your foot on the gas. Obviously we don't run the same scheme but we can still go at faster pace than expected.

We'll work the middle of the field a lot with our 2 TE sets, but we're also going to have to let our WR's win some one on one matchups vs their Corners. Have to get JT4, KJ & the rest of this WR group involved in the game.

We have to come out & hit them in the mouth, if we play scared football we lose, we must attack, attack & attack some more. The only way to neutralize their Defense is to force them reeling back on their heels all game long.

General Patton says hello. Take his lead and follow him. As he said after winning the war in Europe, "Let’s keep our boots polished, bayonets sharpened and present a picture of force and strength to these people [the Russians]. This is the only language they understand and respect. "

cropped-cba9b57dce977375bf6f09bb2494e840.jpg

I agree with everything you just said homie

Dan Enos as an OC at Arkansas scored 58, 50 and 21 points against Mississippi State. The 2017 Arkansas team was 4-8. Grantham's defense at Florida gave up 30 PPG in conference play. People are going to love the screen game that Enos has. They're going to love how he uses the TE. I will be very surprise if Miami doesn't score in the high 20's.

Advertisement

With Manny's aggressive rep as the DC, I can't see him and Enos being conservative on the offensive side. I have no doubt he believes this game is huge in many ways and will do whatever it takes to win it.

How much of Alabama's offense last year will Enos bring with him?

That's what I'm wondering. I thought he would bring what Alabama was doing last year but from everything I've seen from scrimmages to spring games I find it hard believe that's the case. Everything that has been shown is a bunch of under center power football stuff. I find it hard to believe that after a complete off-season of doing under center stuff we suddenly start running a spread during the season.

Advertisement
I’m eating 10 xanax & washing it down with a bottle of jack. Wake me up on 8/24. I can’t take you goofballs anymore. Dan Enos was just at ******* Alabama. Have you seen there offenses? Well guess what guys. Outside of our oline we’re not really that far off in the skill positions & are better at TE. We are talented. Very talented.

I watched both games already. The Arkansas-Miss St game was concerning because of how inept Eno's offense looked against equal talent coached by Grantham.

Overall I'm not that high on Enos because his offense feels similar to Richt's offense in 2016 (more of a pro set - under center offense, wanted a true spread offense hire) before Richt tried to run that sh*tstorm he called a spread offense.

I will say that if Enos offense is similar to Richt's 2016 offense at least we have a mobile QB and won't run 4 verticals every 3rd down. I do hope Enos throws more bubble screens to WR because I think that's what his offense is missing, a simple pitch and catch play. I also hope we're in the shotgun more then we've seen during camp there is a reason everyone is in the shotgun now a days so let's not act like the smartest people in CFB by going back to a dying offense (pro style - even Alabama switched to a spread and they have the players to run a championship level pro style power offense).

As for Baker, it hard to judge him with inferior talent and his first year as a DC in CFB. Even then for what they had they held up well.
You raise some legitimate points. We're just going to have to wait and see what Enos comes with.

We need to wear them out. They don’t have depth. At the beginning I like passes to the TEs and running right at them. Eventually force Henderson and Wilson to tackle with quick passes. I don’t believe they’ll do it. Seriously, Henderson would run the other way before trying to tackle Oz.

Advertisement
What Enos did at Arkansas was amazing with the type of personnel being recruited. Keeping Bret Bielema happy with the power running but still able to mesh his style to the point Brandon Allen was breaking school records.

Kind of like how BC did to us last year.

Advertisement
Back