Arkansas vs Miss St (Enos offense vs Grantham defense)

Advertisement
Don't like Dan Enos coming out with 2 runs. Not his usual style. But Allen was coming off a shoulder injury so he might have wanted to ease him in. Will he do the same with JW?

I watched both games already. The Arkansas-Miss St game was concerning because of how inept Eno's offense looked against equal talent coached by Grantham.

Overall I'm not that high on Enos because his offense feels similar to Richt's offense in 2016 (more of a pro set - under center offense, wanted a true spread offense hire) before Richt tried to run that sh*tstorm he called a spread offense.

I will say that if Enos offense is similar to Richt's 2016 offense at least we have a mobile QB and won't run 4 verticals every 3rd down. I do hope Enos throws more bubble screens to WR because I think that's what his offense is missing, a simple pitch and catch play. I also hope we're in the shotgun more then we've seen during camp there is a reason everyone is in the shotgun now a days so let's not act like the smartest people in CFB by going back to a dying offense (pro style - even Alabama switched to a spread and they have the players to run a championship level pro style power offense).

As for Baker, it hard to judge him with inferior talent and his first year as a DC in CFB. Even then for what they had they held up well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I watched both games already. The Arkansas-Miss St game was concerning because of how inept Eno's offense looked against equal talent coached by Grantham.

Overall I'm not that high on Enos because his offense feels similar to Richt's offense in 2016 (more of a pro set - under center offense, wanted a true spread offense hire) before Richt tried to run that sh*tstorm he called a spread offense.

I will say that if Enos offense is similar to Richt's 2016 offense at least we have a mobile QB and won't run 4 verticals every 3rd down. I do hope Enos throws more bubble screens to WR because I think that's what his offense is missing, a simple pitch and catch play. I also hope we're in the shotgun more then we've seen during camp there is a reason everyone is in the shotgun now a days so let's not act like the smartest people in CFB by going back to a dying offense (pro style - even Alabama switched to a spread and they have the players to run a championship level pro style power offense).

As for Baker, it hard to judge him with inferior talent and his first year as a DC in CFB. Even then for what they had they held up well.
They said throughout the broadcast that the Arkansas team was decimated with injuries. I'm inclined to believe them (I have no knowledge of the 2017 Arkansas roster).

Not sure what film you’ve been watching, but enos 2019 and richt 2016 are very different as OC’s. The greatest similarity between the two offenses is that both are wearing helmets.

If you’ve never played QB in college or never coached it at that level, i can understand why it would look similar. But it’s night and day.

The offenses are way different but people want to bash pro styles and keep with a spread shotgun only narrative.

Whatever.

Let's say they are similar for argument's sake.
By the end of 2016 Njoku and Herndon were such a great tandem. Njoku especially was getting open constantly and killing opposing defenses we faced. Same for Herndon in 2017.
If Enos can utilize the current TE crew anywhere near as good as Richt did in those seasons we will be rolling past everybody on our schedule.

Advertisement

Save the bubbles for the scout team to mimic UF's offense. Enos has been running motion with jet sweeps, shallow crossing routes, and quick TE passes. This is what we need. I'd like to see screens to RB's (since you know they will blitz Jarren) and play action with12 personnel against UF. This is of course when we aren't running it right up their bungholes.

Considering that Manny fired the ENTIRE offensive offensive (redundant on purpose) staff and Manny's having witnessed the ineptitude of the Richt offense, I can assure you that Enos' offense will not be similar to Richt. If it were, Manny's job would be on the line.

I hope the first play they come out and do that little half-back motion out of the shotgun just to f*** with you people.

Advertisement
Question - I had heard (and now see) Enos likes his QB under center however most of the tape on TW he is in the shotgun - thoughts ?

Enos will get the job done here bc we are more talented than most of the teams we play. Any decent playcaller will look good. But to maximize our potential we need to run a scheme that fits our personnel. The pro style is not it.

whaaaaaaa?!??

that's like saying prime J-Lo and Lena Dunham are similar because they are both females. C'mon!!

Advertisement
That Arkansas team was bad. Allen struggled with a shoulder injury all year. They missed starters on their OL all year. I think that specific game you can hear the announcers talking about the makeshift OL they were playing with and the pieces missing. Had 0 NFL prospects on offense. No skill position talent, etc.

The Mississippi state defense had Jeffery Simmons, Montez Sweat, and Johnathan Abram (3 first round talents).

We’re not seeing that defense (specifically that DL) and our offense (even OL) is much better than what Arkansas had.

Is it at all possible that he might not run the exact same plays he ran at Arkansas?

Have any of you guys figured that due to the fact that all his play calling at Arkansas is on film that maybe he might've adjusted his playbook to fit his personnel over the years?

Crazy idea, but it's possible for an OC to add or subtract certain plays from their playbook based on the talent they have to work with & the opponent they're facing.

There are things that Diaz has done here as a DC at Miami that he didn't do Texas, La Tech & Miss St.

Yall are acting like Enos is going to call the exact same sequences play for play the exact same way from 4 years ago lol. And given the fact he's not a complete idiot, there's a good chance he's learned a lot more since the last time he faced Grantham's Defense & has a better understanding of how to scheme against him.
So what you are saying is, unlike Richt, Enos might actually create an offense based around personnel and call plays based upon what the defense is showing? Interesting.

not a good look for our boy, they basically scored off 2 turnovers and a kicked ball to the 1, no sustained drives or big plays, unless our OL is unexpectedly dominant, that wont cut it on 8/24. The the delayed/counter run plays inside the 5, that will drive us bananas

but to some points on here, he may have something new cooking

Advertisement
Back