Arkansas fans and Bret Bielma

Orangebowl

Redshirt Freshman
It reminds me of Miami fans attitudes toward Shannon and Golden after 3 years

Miami fans August 2010: Shannon has done from 5-7 to 7-6 to 9-4. Upward trend. And even better we're #13 in the preseason AP Poll.

Miami Fans early November 2013: Golden has gone from 6-6 to 7-5 to 7-0. Upward trend. Who cares that this is the least impressive 7-0 start ever. Who cares that we have 3 wins by 5 points or less and the only decent opponent we've beaten is Florida. What, time traveler from the future? Did you just say that UF will finish 4-8 and that Georgia Southern will beat UF by 1 more point than Miami did? If that is true, then maybe UF wasn't a decent opponent after all, actually.

Miami fans August 2014: Golden's gone from 6-6 to 7-5 to 9-4. Still an upward trend. And now the sanctions are about to end. Let's forget about the fact that our sanctions from the NCAA were basically the threat of punishment from the NCAA.

Arkansas fans May 2016:Bielma has gone from 3-9 to 7-6 to 8-5. Upward trend. And the SEC record has gone from 0-8 to 2-6 to 5-3. Let's ignore the fact that you can only improve when you go 0-8 in the SEC your first year. Let's also ignore the OOC defeats in 2015 to 7-6 Texas Tech and MAC team Toledo.

Advertisement
Along those lines.... Let's see if Butch Jones does the same thing to those Tennessee Trolls who pestered us over Tyler Tyrd.

If you were still leg-humping that "upward trend" line of horse **** that Folden and his hashtagging army of faqcits were feeding you after he went 9-4, then you have the cognitive acuity of a pubic hair.

If you were still leg-humping that "upward trend" line of horse **** that Folden and his hashtagging army of faqcits were feeding you after he went 9-4, then you have the cognitive acuity of a pubic hair.

Some people were saying that. See old threads on this website.

I was buying it after 9-3 with a promising young core.

I was done after the bowl beatdown from Bridgewater.

Advertisement

Some people were saying that. See old threads on this website.

I know there were people claiming that. Those people are known in modern parlance as cumbags.

There's an old saying my grandpa used to tell, I'm pretty sure y'all have heard it. You can polish a **** but at the end of the day it's still a ****. Applies to all situations discussed here

Advertisement
There's an old saying my grandpa used to tell, I'm pretty sure y'all have heard it. You can polish a **** but at the end of the day it's still a ****.

My grandpa used to talk to me about polishing his ****.

It's ok chise, there's professionals you can talk to about that. Careful though, some like to have their ***** polished as well

Last edited:
I'll admit, after the three game stretch of Cincy, VT, and UNC in 2014, I thought we had perhaps turned the corner. By the end of the season, however, I was sending emails to everyone I could find email addresses to at UM pleading for him to be fired. 2014 was the year we were suppose to start seeing improvement, and we saw the biggest implosion in recent memory.

I try to give every "new" coach 3-4 years to show real signs of improvement where it matters. Wins., That's enough time to get enough of your own talent in to play the game you see fit, to win. That's the name of the game. Not draft picks. Not pillars. Not a facelift at the Hecht. Wins. He wasn't a winner, and for the life of me I don't know how anyone could have supported him after the way we ended 2014. He was dead man walking going into 2015, and everyone knew it.

I wonder, though... What if Golden is fired after the 2014 season, and we make a hire before the Adidas deal? I wonder who bargain basement buffoon we would have hired to replace him.
If you were still leg-humping that "upward trend" line of horse **** that Folden and his hash tagging army of faqcits were feeding you after he went 9-4, then you have the cognitive acuity of a pubic hair.

70% of the board

But 100% of this board will refuse to admit they were saying that.

It all worked out in the end. Had Golden been fired after 2014 (deservedly) we'd never have lucked into Mark Richt. We'd all probably be arguing whether Mario Cristobal was going to win 7 or 8 games next season.

Advertisement
I strongly supported Golden at the 7-0 mark during 2013. Also, I do not remember what season (it was 2013 or 2014), but during a stretch of games the defense actually looked formidable. The losses to VTech and Duke left me highly concerned. The loss of Duke Johnson ameliorated my concern somewhat, though. I lost ALL confidence in Golden when we attended the Louisville game. The bowl game of the 2013 season was my turning point.

The opening loss to Louisville in 2014 bolstered my lack of confidence. The staff did not even attempt to "play for a win". The Nebraska loss was also the result of poor coaching.

For the life of me, I did not comprehend why they extended his contract during 2013, or why the did not dismiss him following the 2014 season. That befuddles me to this day.

They extended his contract during 2011, his first season.

Advertisement
Along those lines.... Let's see if Butch Jones does the same thing to those Tennessee Trolls who pestered us over Tyler Tyrd.

Tennessee fans are way too confident in Butch Jones, but at least there's a growing portion of the fanbase that doubts him. On the other hand all Arky fans seem to like what Bielma's done.

**** Bielema

Dude is a complete ****

The only things he's good at are crushing bud heavies and disappointing his wife in bed

Various $EC We$t coache$ are on the hot seat this year, starting with Freeze and Jones, and even average seasons will put a lot of pressure on Malzahn, Miles and Bielema.

The bad news is that the $alary cap might ri$e $substantially.

Advertisement
Back