Aren't we suppose to beat Duke!!!

Why are ppl acting like we accomplished something by beating Duke!!! Am I missing something here? You ppl love mediocrity!!! Every team we played this year we had more talent than. I will never celebrate beating teams that you suppose to beat!! SMH!

We are the most talented team on our schedule? Really? I love the U but my orange and green shades ain't that **** dark. We will see what the draft says.

Advertisement
The idea that we Mopes "have nothing to complain about" - which is an actual quote from earlier in this thread - is the type of absurd bull**** that the Mopes are here to combat.

Its funny how emboldened the sunshine pumpers get here-- with one encouraging, but hardly dominating win.

It was Duke-- as many have said. We should beat them like a drum. They played poorly and were outcoached-- a rare event for this staff to outcoach anyone as their track record shows.

This to me amounts to a mirage for me-- I had low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. I wont pretend to "know" what was in the players heads-- was it a lack of expectation or their pride that allowed them to play with passion? Yeah I know it looked like the dogmatic Dorito let the dogs loose moreso than ever before, but I wanna see that over a larger sample size before I'll believe it's real.

There were still plenty of head scratchers: Duke made its share of unforced errors (3 botched snaps- some at critical moments), our offense went into a shell for a long stretch with several 3 & outs after a couple impressive drives to open the game, and why Duke didn't just spread us and run it right up the gut on us is a mystery.

The talent & athleticism can overcome poor coaching when the opponent is Duke. Obviously, not when its Nebraska. I still think the coaching, playcalling, and schemes are abysmal-- and will be exposed several more times before this year is out.

Why are ppl acting like we accomplished something by beating Duke!!! Am I missing something here? You ppl love mediocrity!!! Every team we played this year we had more talent than. I will never celebrate beating teams that you suppose to beat!! SMH!

We are the most talented team on our schedule? Really? I love the U but my orange and green shades ain't that **** dark. We will see what the draft says.

Well, a large group of the fanbase has a panic attack whenever firing Golden comes up because they don't want our recruiting classes to fall apart. So clearly they value recruiting rankings.

Our last 5 classes are ranked higher than every opponent we play the rest of the year outside FSU -- by a pretty large amount, too. We out recruited Louisville. Our classes vs Duke's classes were laughable.

I guess we'll find out whether or not they are developed and coached well enough to beat these garbage *** teams they play. The talent advantage is there.

Advertisement
Why do some of you bother being "fans"?
No one's claiming that the win suddenly cures all ills, but to act like it was insignificant is disingenuous. It was a step in the right direction and for that alone should be celebrated. Especially since many had it pegged at the beginning of the end for Golden.

Its funny how emboldened the sunshine pumpers get here-- with one encouraging, but hardly dominating win.

It was Duke-- as many have said. We should beat them like a drum. They played poorly and were outcoached-- a rare event for this staff to outcoach anyone as their track record shows.

This to me amounts to a mirage for me-- I had low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. I wont pretend to "know" what was in the players heads-- was it a lack of expectation or their pride that allowed them to play with passion? Yeah I know it looked like the dogmatic Dorito let the dogs loose moreso than ever before, but I wanna see that over a larger sample size before I'll believe it's real.

There were still plenty of head scratchers: Duke made its share of unforced errors (3 botched snaps- some at critical moments), our offense went into a shell for a long stretch with several 3 & outs after a couple impressive drives to open the game, and why Duke didn't just spread us and run it right up the gut on us is a mystery.

The talent & athleticism can overcome poor coaching when the opponent is Duke. Obviously, not when its Nebraska. I still think the coaching, playcalling, and schemes are abysmal-- and will be exposed several more times before this year is out.

So when would you be ok with people being happy with a win? I think most that are happy with the win are happy that the staff obviously made some adjustments to the defensive game plan that we have been begging for around here for three years and they won a game that as you stated they should've won. There have been so many instances when they haven't done that in the past.

It's comical to me that there are now people that seem to be questioning Cutcliffe and his staff for the game plan that they employed because we got the win when last week he was championed on this board as if he were the second coming of Vince Lombardi. As I stated in my previous post I still hope that there will be major changes to the current staff. But the day that I stop enjoying a win, especially against a team that a lot of people picked as a loss, because of an agenda against the coaching staff is the day that I stop watching altogether. I was happy for the players as they seemed to be enjoying themselves out there on Saturday night. It was fun to watch what the athletes on this team could do when an aggressive game plan was put in place. I for one hope that we continue to see it.

If that makes me a sunshine pumper than I guess I am fine with that. I just choose to watch the games and support the team without trying to break down every play of every game so that I can be the first to get on the message board to show everybody I am smarter than the coaches. Here is to continued success this season for the players but that the administration still realizes that changes need to be made. I really would like to see a complete overhaul of the defensive staff and that means a new head coach than so be it.

Some of yall on here are only a zipcode from being a diehard and blindly loyal Cowboys or Lions fan with they way you define what it means to be a fan at all.

No, it's not "Duke" in the historical connotation that mopers are trying to invoke in an attempt to discredit the win most were predicting a loss for and were hoping would happen.
Duke is a GOOD team. Miami beat a GOOD team. Handidly.
So *** yeah I'm happy. If you are not go find another team to root for.

Advertisement
I expected to win this game regardless of what happened at Nebraska or last year with duke. call me ignorant but if not for our injuries we would have won that game last year. I never doubted we have better talent than duke and would win this year.

some say defensive adjustments were made and we can take something positive away from that. in due time we will know if this is true or false. I want this staff to be successful but I will not use this win as support in making their case. they need to win a couple of reasonably tough games on the road and win all of the rest of our games at home except maybe FSU to win back my confidence. this week would be a huge step in that direction.

Last edited:
No, it's not "Duke" in the historical connotation that mopers are trying to invoke in an attempt to discredit the win most were predicting a loss for and were hoping would happen.

You call 12pts handidly....You ppl are a freaking joke...I guess Golden saved his JOB by beating Duke. The only time i will give Golden credit is when this team wins a ACC Championship other the that I don't care to hear anymore of his excuses "it starts with me" "we got to fix it" "we didn't tackle well enough" "We're a young team" "We had to many ME's" 4yrs and your team is still making the same mistake!!! "You guys are intoxicated with mediocrity" I'm not going to give Golden and his crew a pass for playing one or two games every years like this. I guess he gave you guys your medications week!!!

Last edited:

You call 12pts handidly....You ppl are a freaking joke...I guess Golden saved his JOB by beating Duke. The only time i will give Golden credit is when this team wins a ACC Championship other the that I don't care to hear anymore of his excuses "it starts with me" "we got to fix it" "we didn't tackle well enough" "We're a young team" "We had to many ME's" 4yrs and your team is still making the same mistake!!! "You guys are intoxicated with mediocrity" I'm not going to give Golden and his crew a pass for playing one or two games every years like this. I guess he gave you guys your medications week!!!

At least you have the ability to accept others opinions in a mature rational manner.

Duke has been playing well lately.. sadly, better than the Canes. They were ranked and we were not. So if I close my eyes and ignore that it was Duke I'm really happy with the win.
But, what I felt was like standing at the edge of a cliff, and I'm looking down thinking how far of a drop it is. Then I momentarily lose my balance and my whole body flips out. I heat up, I get nauseous, and my mind screams "OH ****!" And then I catch my balance and realize I'm not actually going to fall to the bottom. So I'm momentarily elated and breath a huge sigh of relief, but I know I'm still in the same **** spot, looking at the same **** cliff, dreading that just because I didn't fall right then doesn't mean I still wont.
That's the sad reality of only beating Duke by 12 points. The Canes avoided falling, but they really didn't step back from the cliff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back