Are you happy with 9-3?

Are you happy with 9-3 this year

• Yes

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 113 81.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You say nobody is saying run the table then your example is the 2000 sooners 🤣..This ain’t 2000..do u have any more examples that don’t represent the one sided extreme extreme ?

You’re trying hard to conflate arguments. All good. I’m sure you comprehend what’s being said. You’re a 90s baby. You’ve only lived 1 NC. You don’t know what you don’t know. Carry on.

Advertisement
If he goes 9-3 I GUARANTEE you he will not be fired. He had 4 losses worse than losing to Temple this past season.

Zero (0) chance he loses his job at 9-3, NONE
I think you’re wrong for certain if one of those 3 losses is to Temple. The people at the top are very aware of what that represents.

It bothers me that we are in a position where 9-3 can be touted as an improvement. It bothers me even more that it's true. What bothers me most is that in every passing year, the gap between us and the teams on our schedule narrows, if it even exists at all. So, yeah, I'd take a **** 9-3 season where I can walk out of stadiums with 3 victories for every one loss. It's been 1:1 for too long.

Advertisement
You’re trying hard to conflate arguments. All good. I’m sure you comprehend what’s being said. You’re a 90s baby. You’ve only lived 1 NC. You don’t know what you don’t know. Carry on.
Your argument is the definition of conflation..on one hand your saying nobody is expecting him to run the table..then your using the example of a team going 12-0 to bolster your argument..I’ve lived through 1 title and 16 years of bull**** so I have pretty good grasp on reality. So I’m not expecting a team that went 6-7 to turn around and go 12-0 because I looked at the digital schedule and just expect us to out talent the teams because we are the U and they aren’t..called living in reality.

I think you’re wrong for certain if one of those 3 losses is to Temple. The people at the top are very aware of what that represents.

Honestly, not anymore. Especially not in sports. They don't think or see things the same way. If we lost to Temple, but won 9 games, Manny is 100% safe. There is no tolerance around the University of Miami for sharing any space with FIU in any regard. He lost to them in embarrassing fashion on his way to going 6-7. If the people atop the University were thinking the way you're implying they do about losing the Temple, first year or not he would not have survived the FIU debacle. Here we are.

Advertisement
It bothers me that we are in a position where 9-3 can be touted as an improvement. It bothers me even more that it's true. What bothers me most is that in every passing year, the gap between us and the teams on our schedule narrows, if it even exists at all. So, yeah, I'd take a **** 9-3 season where I can walk out of stadiums with 3 victories for every one loss. It's been 1:1 for too long.
Have you been asleep the last, idk 16 years?

Honestly, not anymore. Especially not in sports. They don't think or see things the same way. If we lost to Temple, but won 9 games, Manny is 100% safe. There is no tolerance around the University of Miami for sharing any space with FIU in any regard. He lost to them in embarrassing fashion on his way to going 6-7. If the people atop the University were thinking the way you're implying they do about losing the Temple, first year or not he would not have survived the FIU debacle. Here we are.
He wasn’t getting fired year 1.

Advertisement
That’s fair enough. But we live on the theory that we can just roll our helmets with the U on them and dominate like Juaqin (prob butchered his name) said..when in reality we don’t have the horses for that yet
Probably isn't the word.....You got his *** coming from Peru....

Advertisement
We will disagree, but I would be willing to wager large sums of $ that 9-3 will not get him fired, no way
What do you think, I’m rolling in that Gooner oil money?

With 3 losses, including a loss to Temple, after they bought out his contract there, gave him a roster with superior talent to the coach Temple hired and even got Temple’s best player (Roche) as a transfer... He gone sooner...

Gooner.

Because it’s been a discussion on twitter today, I wanted to see what the board thinks.

This is a complete blanket question. No context. No “well if we lose to this team but beat this team.” No Charlotte talk. No bowl talk. And yes, I COMPLETELY understand that not all 9-3’s are created equal. But for the purposes of this, they are. If Miami finishes the regular season 9-3, are you happy?
Yes because that means there was a college football season

What do you think, I’m rolling in that Gooner oil money?

With 3 losses, including a loss to Temple, after they bought out his contract there, gave him a roster with superior talent to the coach Temple hired and even got Temple’s best player (Roche) as a transfer... He gone sooner...

Gooner.
Nah, he set multiple records for futility last year (4 losses as 10+ point favorites not done in 40 plus years, getting shutout in Bowl by non Power 4 school (NEVER happened before), Losing to FIU (AT HOME ON HOMECOMING)/Duke/LT back to back to back to end a 6-7 season) no way a loss to a halfway decent Temple program gets him fired if he goes 9-3. I hear you on the Temple relation to our program, but that's not gonna be the kill shot should he lose.

ZERO CHANCE, NONE

/I meant fake $$$, I gotta pay the Bentley payment still

Advertisement
Back