MEGA Are we ready for Sat?: All-American Bowl Thread

Exactly. And it's not an insult to HBCU football or those celebrating it to say this. I personally love that this current landscape with the NIL has at least for now enabled this. One can have separate thoughts about Deion and FSU in relation to us (or Power 5 football in general) at the same time.
He does this for reaction , nobody in their right mind believes that. I like the guy but that’s his mo. For example he said “ Auburn wins the Acc ” last month lol. My guy knows what he’s doing lol, skip baylessing.

Advertisement
As long as we get Stewart I'm good. No one is watching JSU......kids threw their careers in the toilet lol
The DB to JSU I could see because of Deon. However with Cole it makes no sense even with a big NIL. Whatever NIL deal he got he could get at Miami. He's not going to help himself catching passes from Deon's kid who isn't that good. It's going to be difficult distinguishing himself as an NFL WR without having big numbers at the FCS level.

Wish him well. We'll load up at WR with the 2023 class.

The DB to JSU I could see because of Deon. However with Cole it makes no sense even with a big NIL. Whatever NIL deal he got he could get at Miami. He's not going to help himself catching passes from Deon's kid who isn't that good. It's going to be difficult distinguishing himself as an NFL WR without having big numbers at the FCS level.

Wish him well. We'll load up at WR with the 2023 class.
He should have big numbers they will get him the ball. Saban is a DB guy and his wrs get the ball. Coleman will be used in alot of places RB KR PR, even if he doesnt get the ball he can open it up for the rest of the kids. He is basically playing against HS kids.

This is more than Deion this is Barstool playing games and trying to shock the world. Deion wouldn't be going this without them. This is a game to Barstool they could care less about the kid or the money.

Ya'll mofos mindsets dnt evolve. If someone is being critical simply bc it's a "black school" ur an idiot and if your calling someone racist bc someone is saying it's crap fb in the swac and meac your also an idiot.

Your minds have been trained to inject race into basically every ***** topic.

I would say the same stuff if a kid decided to commit to Montana over Miami. It is crap football compared to P5.

Advertisement
I was hoping for Coleman also and thought it would have been a big time commit but I am wayyyyyy more excited for Moss. Building the trenches first is key because we can have all the flashy toys we want but if we don't have lines on either side it dont matter.

A skillset you can find all over Miami, except we have none from Miami in this class. What about the past few years? Our receivers have been trash for the most part. You act like this is not a big deal, but this is what Mario was brought here to recruit for us. Not lose out kids to FCS schools.

Recruiting's NOT about who you lose (especially a month into the job,...lol). It's about who you get.

problem with todays society is parents and people wanting to do things that feel nice. for people to celebrate these kids going to HBCU's for anything other than sentimental reasons is wrong. these kids going to these schools are wasting away. we dont live in a time where kids have limited options. anyone celebrating this is an idiot. both these kids will wind up in the portal.
The kids will be there for 1-2 year and when the sport analyst begin to say “ they are good but can hang with big boys”. They will be in the portal looking for P5 schools to join.

Advertisement
Florida’s NIL law is light years behind the rest of the country. They are trying to change it but it won’t let Florida schools do what these other schools are doing.

Still checking on updates for this regularly. Yet another case of overinvolved govt with no clue what they're doing.

Believe they know before hand on these announcements. Wiltfong is sending out a tweet 30 seconds to a minute before they announce it on TV and he has a graphic already designed for it.

I'm sure they make a graphic for each of the schools and just use the one that applies.

There's a BIG difference between cherrypicking 2 kids (maybe 3) for possibly one season because Barstool and their cash sees you as easy publicity and actually recruiting full classes at a place like FSU let alone successfully coaching there.
I agree but I'm cool with not finding out how he'd do there. Mario would hold his own obviously, just don't care to see him there.

Ya'll mofos mindsets dnt evolve. If someone is being critical simply bc it's a "black school" ur an idiot and if your calling someone racist bc someone is saying it's crap fb in the swac and meac your also an idiot.

Your minds have been trained to inject race into basically every ***** topic.

I would say the same stuff if a kid decided to commit to Montana over Miami. It is crap football compared to P5.

meh. With the new rules you can just transfer wherever you want anyway after helping an HBCU "get its feet off the ground" during the process. A win-win situation IMO for skill positions.

Along the lines, however, I've got to disagree with that choice if I'm a top level recruit. Along the OL/DL you'd want to be challenged physically from the getgo and not waste a year.

Outside of those areas, as some others suggested, let these kids go do their thing.

p.s.,...Like it or not but the portal is going to be a crucial to success as things stand now because you're basically expected to still be scouting & recruiting some hopefully-homesick local kids a year or two in, regardless of where they went. That can be a bigger factor for us than anywhere in the country.

Advertisement
meh. With the new rules you can just transfer wherever you want anyway after helping an HBCU "get its feet off the ground" during the process. A win-win situation IMO for skill positions.

Along the lines, however, I've got to disagree with that choice if I'm a top level recruit. Along the OL/DL you'd want to be challenged physically from the getgo and not waste a year.

Outside of those areas, as some others suggested, let these kids go do their thing.

p.s.,...Like it or not but the portal is going to be a crucial to success as things stand now because you're basically expected to still be scouting & recruiting some hopefully-homesick local kids a year or two in, regardless of where they went. That can be a bigger factor for us than anywhere in the country.
Lol let these kids do their thing? Lol ofcourse wat are the alternatives? But you can still state your opinions.

Advertisement
Lol let these kids do their thing? Lol ofcourse wat are the alternatives? But you can still state your opinions.

Sorry I left out the obvious. Let them without the crazy suggestions like they're throwing away their careers, there won't be enough food and meal replacement powder for everyone, they'll have to work out @ Planet Fitness, et. al.

The portal and the NIL stuff are absolutely shaking CFB up right now. Kids are even moreso inclined to take chances they never would have before,....we're just going to have to be ready to play our hand the best.

You could probably say the same about the conference that puts right behind the sec for players in the nfl draft?
Where would u rank the conference? Don't just take one piece of evidence. As a whole you don't think the ACC is a bad conference right now?

PS the Coastal might be the worse division in P5

Advertisement
Back