Are we Ranked on Tuesday???

Who cares? Freshman instead of experienced upperclassmen at the LB position and razor-thin depth at that position. An OL that is still questionable, with valued recruits like St. Louis giving a so-so performance against FAMU according to reports on this site. A defensive backfield that showed some flaws against FAMU. What will happen against D-1 teams? Richt is a fine coach, but he has to build his own team with players capable of doing what he wants. Be reasonable and give him time. 8-4 would be a success, but 7-5 is just as likely. The good feeling about Richt is justified, but let's not get giddy about this year's potential. Beating App. State would be a step forward, but is by no means assured. I'm not trolling. Just being realistic.

You act like we barely beat FAMU. There are always mistakes, but at the end of the day we won 70-3.

Advertisement
Do you remember what fat Al's message to the team in terms of our #7 ranking the whole week leading up to FSU?

Does anyone remember? I'm talking extra bonus points for getting this right.

Not caught up in being #1 ?

That is INCORRECT!!!

fk me...I guess I'm glad I don't remember anything that fat fvck tried to spew

The correct answer is.......... Don't take the cheese!

Wait what? Wtf?

I rarely miss cane **** but is this real life?

Advertisement
Beat FSU. Before any rankings discussion.
I despise FSU as much as anyone but this mentality some of our fans have that the FSU rivalry is bigger than the program in general is really silly. I swear some of you would be fine with not winning the ACCC as long as we beat the Noles. I realize the two concepts are not mutually exclusive but you get my point.

Not caught up in being #1 ?

That is INCORRECT!!!

fk me...I guess I'm glad I don't remember anything that fat fvck tried to spew

The correct answer is.......... Don't take the cheese!

Wait what? Wtf?

I rarely miss cane **** but is this real life?

Al Golden wants Hurricanes to focus, block out distractions | Miami Herald

Advertisement
Who cares? Freshman instead of experienced upperclassmen at the LB position and razor-thin depth at that position. An OL that is still questionable, with valued recruits like St. Louis giving a so-so performance against FAMU according to reports on this site. A defensive backfield that showed some flaws against FAMU. What will happen against D-1 teams? Richt is a fine coach, but he has to build his own team with players capable of doing what he wants. Be reasonable and give him time. 8-4 would be a success, but 7-5 is just as likely. The good feeling about Richt is justified, but let's not get giddy about this year's potential. Beating App. State would be a step forward, but is by no means assured. I'm not trolling. Just being realistic.

I would agree with this if i thought our offense has not improved.
You are not giving us any wins where it's a tossup, or we're slightly favored.
We'll have trouble against good defenses. Of the teams we play, we don't play many good defenses.

With the playoff I find rankings have lost their luster. We play in a conference with a schedule that so long as we keep winning the adequate ranking will come. We may sneak in, and we may even fall farther back. Even if SEC teams lose they are not usually penalized much so as to keep their teams ranked to justify trying to get 2 teams into the playoff. So some teams may be kept closer to reentering the rankings even with a loss. But if we keep winning the rankings will come.

Advertisement
Miami most likely won't be ranked, based on the fact that beating FAMU isn't going to get anyone's attention. Texas beat Notre Dame, a team that destroyed them last season. Wisconsin beat LSU. Those wins are the kind that catapult a squad into the polls, especially after week one. I see USC moving out of the top 25, UNC and UCLA may be teetering on the brink, but them losing to power conference teams won't get them bumped in favor of Miami, a team that demolished the second worst team in the MEAC.

Would you be shocked if LSU were still ranked ahead of Wisky? SEC bias at its best.

Advertisement
For the sake of our relevance ,it would help to be ranked before the FSU game so the stage is even bigger for us that day.

I think we are at least 24 or 25.... 70 points will mean alot to the voters...if it was Golden and co. And we won 42-13... then we stay as is, unranked

I don't get the people that reflexively say "Who cares?". I personally like to scream about junk SEC teams reflexively being ranked so I can't be like "it don't matter" when we crack the Top 25. It's like some of you don't want us ranked until we can somehow jump from being unranked straight into the top 10. And yeah, it's a flawed system but it still matters in overall perception of the state of the program which in turn helps with impressionable teenage rectuits, etc.

Advertisement
Back