Are we going to be losing more fans like this guy

If you could 'switch' from a team to their rival, you were never a fan to begin with.

I'd never 'switch' allegiances. Just retire from watching the sport altogether, start spending more time on Saturdays fishing.

Exactly. That guy was never a fan to begin with. Changing from Canes to Noles is like going from black to white. Can't be done. Unless you're Michael Jackson. But that was that.

Advertisement
IMG_20141229_014239.jpg

Only way I could switch is if the football program literally shut down and even then I'd hold out hope for a little while. If I ever did switch it would probably be to University of Washington cause I'm from the Seattle area. Always liked em but just ended up going elsewhere with my favorites

Being from Jacksonville, I would be left with the.......

1600_north_florida_ospreys-alternate-2014.jpg

Let's see....

No football.
Middling basketball.
Good baseball.
Good tennis.
5 miles from where I grew up.

Hmmmm...

Advertisement
From UM to FSU?

Sorry, I like the taco, not the sausage.

No switching, but there's a lot of teams out there who are more fun to watch right now. It's kind of sad that it takes other games to get into and then we play and I'm basically just blah.

Is flipping teams really an option? Are Canes fans that fickle? For me it's always been the Canes or nobody.

I've saw someone on here flip over to Oregon. Where would you guys flip too if you could?

I'd probably flip to a non-football school. lol

I've been a avid UM fan since 1975.

But after a while, you become so frustrated with the elitist dumbasses that populate the administration and BOT at UM, that it's no fun anymore. Doesn't mean I don't love UM, and if they'd hire Butch I'd be right back in it - but until then, I refuse to set myself up for more outbursts of anger and frustration.

Since Miami gave me lots of fun moments of euphoria by playing wide-assed open, I have to find another - a substitute - team that I can get enthusiastic about watching play on Saturdays.

I live in Florida, but Oregon has it going. They sling the ball, they are fast, they rely on speed, and they got some green in their uniforms. Most times. So I'm leaning toward learning all I can about Oregon, and in the meantime, UM's HC, Admin, and BOT can pretty much pucker up and french kiss my asss.

Yup. I probably wouldn't actually "switch" I would probably just catch an Oregon game here and there. Definitely wouldn't buy merchandise or anything. I would just watch them to be able to enjoy college football and watch a team that is fun.

Definitely wouldn't be on Ducks Insight or anything like that.

Never will switch any of my teams. No matter what sport or college/pro. Never can switch and don't understand how you can. I will be a Redskins, Hurricanes, Pistons, Braves, and Predators fan for the rest of my life. If those teams disappear, I still wouldn't switch. If Miami shut down their football program, then I no longer have a college football team. Simple as that. I will never root for anyone else in anything.

Advertisement
IT was never a Miami Hurricane fan.. Real Miami fan would never wear/put on a pos semenhole hat or anything free shoes related

I root for Miami. This AD and Fat **** won't last forever, any real coach would be very successful in Miami.

We had a run of 4 good coaches Howard/Jimmy/Dennis/Butch thats it. Coker/Shannon/Golden have all been failures. Coker was a glorified cheerleader. Shannon loved the U but isnt head coach material and went on tilt and couldnt handle the job. Its not like you can just bring in any other coach and expect better results. We need to ask ourselves before next hire kinda like they used to in the 80s/90's..."Is he a Miami guy". Coach needs to have S. Fl roots, good X's and O's. And id like to see an edge to him, kinda like Jimmy had.

Even if The U had a losing season from here until eternity, I will always be a CANE!

***** the Fat Guy!

Advertisement
I have been a CANES fan for 34 years and this is the worst that I have ever felt as a fan. I almost completely have no hope that things will improve. The last glimmer of hope that I have right now is that it is rumored the BOT has the attorneys reviewing the contract with Golden to find a loophole to force him to fire assistants. If Golden don't Fire assistants then he gets fired. I'm Hoping this rumor is true and comes to fruition.

If you could 'switch' from a team to their rival, you were never a fan to begin with.

I'd never 'switch' allegiances. Just retire from watching the sport altogether, start spending more time on Saturdays fishing.

Exactly. That guy was never a fan to begin with. Changing from Canes to Noles is like going from black to white. Can't be done. Unless you're Michael Jackson. But that was that.

I agree, I will just stop watching. Even though Oregon is enticing but the love and passion will never be there.

I've been a fan for as long as I can remember. Chudzinski was the TE and we used to call backyard plays after players. Chudzinski was one of my favorites. I could never ever switch to a new team. But if I had to it would probably be Stanford.

Advertisement
After 30+ years I'm left mourning what was and what might never be again. Actually, the last decade has diminished my love of the college game to the point where I think I can only just be a passive observer. That said, having lived in Pittsburgh for a few decades I do follow and root for Pitt unless they face the Canes. That has been a rather fruitless pursuit as well but having just fired their AD (we could learn a thing or two here!) and hired Narduzzi - I see a glimmer of hope there.

Will I be wearing Pitt gear and passionately following the program? Probably not but it would be nice to give a **** about something on Saturdays in the fall again.

As much as I hate whats going on at Miami...I would NEVER root for someone else. NEVER!!!!!!! straight ***** move if you ask me. Anyone considering such a thing should cut their balls off. You were never a real Miami fan anyways so **** off

Cane till I die.......

Fock that Garnet & Gold **** Fluffer in the Video.....

Advertisement
Back