Are the coaches telling

I'm in the boat that thinks Richt wants these kids to announce Miami on signing day. It's a marketing tool and creates a lot of momentum around the program if you have big name guys (McFarland, Thomas, etc) announcing Miami.

I wouldn't have believed this possible under last 3 staffs. But you may be right here. Richt's crew sure doesn't seem to be sweating out the close. Hope that's not hubris. Would love to get an unexpected flip our way, too, like Slaton. In CRM we trust.

They're spending so much time visiting 2018-19-20 kids they must feel very confident about the '17 class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn't Bowden used to do this? Probably some of that has rubbed off on CMR.

This is a point well taken....80's-90's and earlyt 2000's FSU could be counted on to get major commitments out of the blue on signing day...Hope Richt is continuing this approach as he was well schooled in it....

I suspect they might be having kids hold off. There's something to be said for a build up and strong signing day close. Kids can be silents and still can recruit other kids without publically annoumcing it.

Kids not to commit until signing day? Seems like we havent had a commit in a few weeks but keep hearing rumors of locks, silents, and etc..

what advantage does that give the program and if kids don't commit how can they help recruit?

A lot of good press on signing day. Everyone remembers Texas's finish last year. It definitely grabs the attention of recruits and HS coaches when every hour or so a kid is committing to UM over UF/Bama/Louisville/Oregon/Whoever.

Even if Bama "dropped" Dean, I bet the kid would put a Bama hat on the table. So it looks like we beat out Bama for a kid (though clearly Saban lost interest in him).

is richt telling everybody to wait till signing day? to make a splash on NSD?? just thought try to get big names and exposure??

Advertisement
He is probably telling them make sure Miami is a place they want to be. Ritch knows the game and if a guy commit to day or next week doesn't mean much until they sign on the first

is richt telling everybody to wait till signing day? to make a splash on NSD?? just thought try to get big names and exposure??

Never in my mod life did I think I would say this, but there's actually already a thread on the topic of Richt asking recruits to hold off announcing until NSD.

Advertisement
Back