Are our 3 star recruits correctly rated?

Advertisement
If a blur plays against "weak comp" he's still a blur

Love this kid.

Sean Taylor was out there killing weak comp in hisHA tape….And before everyone goes nuts about what I just said, no I don't think he's the next Sean Taylor. Guys from up my way here in Pittsburgh…Revis's competition pretty weak. Tyler Boyd comp? An absolute joke.

Competition is what is keeping CWH film in check because if we go by tape that's 4* material.
The ST recruitment was just stupid. Maybe guys didn't get out to watch games as much back then? But you could clearly see this guy was elite in every way yet we really only had to battle GT for his commitment. FSU and UF finally jumped in very late but he was all UM all the way.

There are certain coaches that if they offer a specific position, their ratings should really be bumped. Saban at DB, Riley at QB, Mario at OL.
I would add Kirby at DB as well.

With Mario at OL, we have 3 OL with really bad ratings which then should be questioned. IMO
I could see Miami getting pumps for LBs, DEs, WRs if we can see some of these 4* kids get drafted day 1...

If a blur plays against "weak comp" he's still a blur

Love this kid.

Sean Taylor was out there killing weak comp in hisHA tape….And before everyone goes nuts about what I just said, no I don't think he's the next Sean Taylor. Guys from up my way here in Pittsburgh…Revis's competition pretty weak. Tyler Boyd comp? An absolute joke.

Competition is what is keeping CWH film in check because if we go by tape that's 4* material.

I like CWH but I don’t think people realize how weak his comp was. I can watch film and still recognize a baller from the field but when I hear people point to his stats against “Broward talent” on why he should be ranked higher, I push back on that. Mostly because I’m from Broward and I’m pretty upset with the drop off in comp in some places.

All that being said, I believe CWH is a player. I felt he was a P5 player when he was a freshman against the same comp.

Advertisement
The districts are very unbalanced but it's mostly because they group them by student enrollment and not location. South Broward plays in a garbage district even thought there's plenty of talented teams in the area. ****, the closest school to them is probably Chaminade and they're one of the top programs in the state.

I agree with that. Does South Broward play Hollywood Hills and West Broward too? I believe they play McArthur but they have a strong program like every 5 years. Flanagan used to be strong too

Stars are pretty easy to grade for more athletic positions because you can see the athleticism, you can clearly see a 5 star DT dominates, it’s sometimes hard to tell though how fast they process information, which is more important when grading offensive linemen and quarterbacks

I like CWH but I don’t think people realize how weak his comp was. I can watch film and still recognize a baller from the field but when I hear people point to his stats against “Broward talent” on why he should be ranked higher, I push back on that. Mostly because I’m from Broward and I’m pretty upset with the drop off in comp in some places.

All that being said, I believe CWH is a player. I felt he was a P5 player when he was a freshman against the same comp.

Can't argue with anything there. I think his stats reflect that he dominated like he should have…I mean we aren't talking about a gaudy 8-9 ypr. We are talking what 12-13 ypr. It's ok to be impressed with his stats imo…Does he do that against STA, AH, or even Ely, etc…? No, of course not. That doesn't mean he isn't a stud.

He looks like a big time RB/WR is supposed to look imo.

Advertisement
Can't argue with anything there. I think his stats reflect that he dominated like he should have…I mean we aren't talking about a gaudy 8-9 ypr. We are talking what 12-13 ypr. It's ok to be impressed with his stats imo…Does he do that against STA, AH, or even Ey, etc…No, of course not. That doesn't mean he isn't a stud.

I agree

+ Mack is rated properly (3*)
+ Day is rated properly (3*)
+ Plazz is underrated. He’s got 4* film.
+ Frédérique is underrated. He’s a 4* athlete
+ Thomas is overrated. Hasn’t played in 2yrs
+ Anderson is rated properly (3*)
+ McConathy is underrated. He’s got 4* production in a competitive division in Alabama.
+ CWH is overrated. Not that fast and played poor competition.
+ Minaya is rated properly
+ Russel is rated properly. I saw the all-22 from the state title game.
+ Francavilla is rated properly (weak competition, needs time)
+ Murray has a monster leg, but kickers don’t get more than 3*
Agree with all except Minaya, who I think should be 2*. He's not good enough to play at Miami.

I agree with that. Does South Broward play Hollywood Hills and West Broward too? I believe they play McArthur but they have a strong program like every 5 years. Flanagan used to be strong too
The problem is, the Hollywood schools never keep good coaches aka “recruiters” for very long. That’s why MCA had a couple good years and fell off. Same with Hallandale. There are good players in southeast Broward but they’re all at private schools or public schools who recruit.

Flanagan was only good while Devin Bush was coaching there because they pulled a bunch of kids from Dade county. As soon as Bush left, they stopped bringing in kids from out of the area and went right back to sucking. Pretty much any team that’s good in Broward (and Dade) is recruiting. The schools that don’t recruit can’t compete at all. That’s why there’s so little parity. You’re either loaded with talent or terrible. I was shocked that Wheatley-Humphrey stayed at South Broward.

Advertisement
The problem is, the Hollywood schools never keep good coaches aka “recruiters” for very long. That’s why MCA had a couple good years and fell off. Same with Hallandale. There are good players in southeast Broward but they’re all at private schools or public schools who recruit.

Flanagan was only good while Devin Bush was coaching there because they pulled a bunch of kids from Dade county. As soon as Bush left, they stopped bringing in kids from out of the area and went right back to sucking. Pretty much any team that’s good in Broward (and Dade) is recruiting. The schools that don’t recruit can’t compete at all. That’s why there’s so little parity. You’re either loaded with talent or terrible. I was shocked that Wheatley-Humphrey stayed at South Broward.

This explains everything. I do think it hurts the development overall though. However, it’s hard to argue when our kids still ball out at the next level

This explains everything. I do think it hurts the development overall though. However, it’s hard to argue when our kids still ball out at the next level
I’ve had this discussion with @gogeta4 here before. These kids get sold a bill of goods by recruiters and often end up sitting on the bench at a big name school instead of starting at their local school. There’s a lot of kids who could be getting G5 or FCS offers languishing on the bench because they play behind 4 and 5 star kids.

Advertisement
I’ve had this discussion with @gogeta4 here before. These kids get sold a bill of goods by recruiters and often end up sitting on the bench at a big name school instead of starting at their local school. There’s a lot of kids who could be getting G5 or FCS offers languishing on the bench because they play behind 4 and 5 star kids.

I agree. I hear this a lot. If you ball out at your original school and the coaches are working to get you noticed, then stay there and continue to perform.

Advertisement
Back