Arch Manning

If he were at any other program I’d agree with you. But that Texas fanbase $$$ is more influential than even the Manning family. If they don’t think he can get it done, he will not play.

All that collective money plus clout and yet Texas with its mighty fan base has one (1) Top 10 finish since 2009

Advertisement
All that collective money plus clout and yet Texas with its mighty fan base has one (1) Top 10 finish since 2009
Too many cooks in the kitchen my guy. But that is the very reason why they’ve had limited success and also the reason why the Manning effect won’t matter. If the big time donors don’t think Manning can get it done, he will not get the job.

Too many cooks in the kitchen my guy. But that is the very reason why they’ve had limited success and also the reason why the Manning effect won’t matter. If the big time donors don’t think Manning can get it done, he will not get the job.

A&M got the same problem

Manning isn't coming here but anyone saying they wouldn't want him is crazy IMO. Especially with the QB troubles we have.

Maybe overrated as the #1 recruit in America but that doesn't mean he's dog**** either.

I'll tell you one thing for **** sure, Manning will be able to read a defense and whatever his potential is, he'll max it out. That's just given his family and who they are. He wouldn't be working with Malik Rosier in the offseason, he'd be working with some NFL QB coach, plus Payton and Eli and whatever else. They'll squeeze every ounce of ability out of that kid.

So to me, that makes him a high floor, low risk choice. Put talent around someone like that, which we could do at Miami, and just ask him to execute the offense and not be a hero, and you can do something with that.

Again he may not be the best #1 QB like his high school rating says but I think at the very least you've got someone who has a high floor and will at the very least know what the **** they're doing on any given play, which would be a welcome change IMO.
**** Malik Rosier catching a stray 🤣

https://tenor.com/view/50-cent-whathesaid****mefor-****50-gif-25306610

Advertisement
Hugely overrated kid - feel kind of bad for him.

Anyhow, Malik Murphy is portaling this year and Quinn is probably bolting so why would Arch leave unless the coaches have pretty much told him he's not starter material. He'll probably end up at a Rice/SMU type place eventually.
Malik is portaling because Arch is the next starter.

I’ve said from the day he was named to #1 recruit that he wasn’t that good and he will never start for Texas unless Evers and Murphy both go down.
Get ran up his numbers in HS against small catholic schools where hid team was just head and shoulders better.

His arm strength leaves a lot to be desired.

Now can he read a defense probably but doesn’t do any good unless you can make the throws.I’ll take Williams over him.

Why would any real good QB come here with Mario at the helm?
Because The QB would play behind a big time O line and backs that can run the ball. Ny Carr is a stud. He will really be a nice option for this QB. You play in the ACC so you should put up big numbers. It’s not like Mario is holding Van Dyke back. Van Dyke has played this team from a 9-10 win team to a 7 win team. Mario didn’t turn the ball over and turn it over close to our end zone. Not hating, just think you can help yourself at Miami.

Advertisement
Nope

I want someone who can run and be dynamic. If you have that you can run a lot more plays. If you have a statue/weak arm/no vision you can only use the statue part of the playbook. TVD reading the playbook is like Denzel reading the Bible in the book of Eli
I agree with your post till you got to Denzel.... He had the entire Bible memorized.. like completely , word for word.... I would love for Tyler to have memorized the playbook....

Nope. Wouldn’t want Arch, nor Brady, Marino, Montana, Peyton, none of them can run. Give me Jacurri or bust
jonah hill netflix GIF by MANIAC
... 🤣 🤣

Advertisement
We have all the weapons on O besides QB. Amazing OL, tons of RBs and WRs. Always high 4 star TEs. Our OC helped Geno Smith get drafted. We have all the pieces for a QB

Manning isn't coming here but anyone saying they wouldn't want him is crazy IMO. Especially with the QB troubles we have.

Maybe overrated as the #1 recruit in America but that doesn't mean he's dog**** either.

I'll tell you one thing for **** sure, Manning will be able to read a defense and whatever his potential is, he'll max it out. That's just given his family and who they are. He wouldn't be working with Malik Rosier in the offseason, he'd be working with some NFL QB coach, plus Payton and Eli and whatever else. They'll squeeze every ounce of ability out of that kid.

So to me, that makes him a high floor, low risk choice. Put talent around someone like that, which we could do at Miami, and just ask him to execute the offense and not be a hero, and you can do something with that.

Again he may not be the best #1 QB like his high school rating says but I think at the very least you've got someone who has a high floor and will at the very least know what the **** they're doing on any given play, which would be a welcome change IMO.
I couldn't agree with you more. That was an excellent take.

Advertisement
God forbid he woulda committed here last year this place woulda been thanking every God they believe and others they never heard of before....

Have you seen our OL? If the QB can properly read coverage, and is worth a ****, dude would hardly ever get touched. Yes Morion is not looked at as a smart football coach, and yes he can't keep his paws off of the OC..... but the one thing he and his sidekick can do is evaluate and coach the OL. That's what ****ed me off, more than anything, with TVD this year. He has rushed throws while throwing from a clean pocket, that ended up being intercepted. No reason whatsoever to throw some of them passes.

Imagine thinking the grandson of Archie Manning & Nephew of Peyton & Eli Manning at 17-18 is overrated 😂 We really have the dumbest fanbase in the country.

Advertisement
Back