Arch Manning

YankeesCane

Sophomore
No chance comes here but already chatter of the transfer portal

Gotta think he stays at Texas and gets every chance to play there, simply by name influernce alone

Advertisement

Gotta think he stays at Texas and gets every chance to play there, simply by name influernce alone

Hugely overrated kid - feel kind of bad for him.

Anyhow, Malik Murphy is portaling this year and Quinn is probably bolting so why would Arch leave unless the coaches have pretty much told him he's not starter material. He'll probably end up at a Rice/SMU type place eventually.

Was not impressed with his HS film but I hope he lives up to the hype. That being said, do not want as my QB at this point.

Advertisement

If he were at any other program I’d agree with you. But that Texas fanbase $$$ is more influential than even the Manning family. If they don’t think he can get it done, he will not play. There’s a reason the California kid is getting the start while Ewers is out.

Advertisement
Manning isn't coming here but anyone saying they wouldn't want him is crazy IMO. Especially with the QB troubles we have.

Maybe overrated as the #1 recruit in America but that doesn't mean he's dog**** either.

I'll tell you one thing for **** sure, Manning will be able to read a defense and whatever his potential is, he'll max it out. That's just given his family and who they are. He wouldn't be working with Malik Rosier in the offseason, he'd be working with some NFL QB coach, plus Payton and Eli and whatever else. They'll squeeze every ounce of ability out of that kid.

So to me, that makes him a high floor, low risk choice. Put talent around someone like that, which we could do at Miami, and just ask him to execute the offense and not be a hero, and you can do something with that.

Again he may not be the best #1 QB like his high school rating says but I think at the very least you've got someone who has a high floor and will at the very least know what the **** they're doing on any given play, which would be a welcome change IMO.

Idk how he was the #1 prospect I didn’t see it with him at all

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manning looks like the kind of QB that would thrive behind a good offensive line and lots of time to read a defense. Seems Iike a good fit for a coach who wants pocket passer QBs. Wait a minute....

Hugely overrated kid - feel kind of bad for him.

Anyhow, Malik Murphy is portaling this year and Quinn is probably bolting so why would Arch leave unless the coaches have pretty much told him he's not starter material. He'll probably end up at a Rice/SMU type place eventually.
Agreed. He would be fortunate to end up at SMU with Rhett Lashlee or Texas St. with G.J Kinne and Mack Leftwich.

Advertisement
Back