Apr 11 at Pittsburgh 1pm ACCNX

I’m going to say something about JD. U legend as a pitcher.

I believe he has been the pitching coach for 20 years. In that time, we’ve had all of 1 guy he recruited and developed get to the big leagues (Garcia). If I’m missing somebody, please correct.

On what planet is that good enough?

Advertisement
Sad effort this weekend, all around. Coaches need to work these fockers in the basics of playing baseball: throwing, running and hitting. The team should be practicing 12hrs a day!

I believe he has been the pitching coach for 20 years. In that time, we’ve had all of 1 guy he recruited and developed get to the big leagues (Garcia). If I’m missing somebody, please correct.

Agreed. Can’t argue it. I posted it yesterday when Mederos looked like a dumpster fire. Can anyone tell me who the last miami Starter was from South Florida. I’ll go a step further and ask who the last pitcher from south Florida to make noise in college ball. I genuinely don’t know but that could be my ignorance

Agreed. Can’t argue it. I posted it yesterday when Mederos looked like a dumpster fire. Can anyone tell me who the last miami Starter was from South Florida. I’ll go a step further and ask who the last pitcher from south Florida to make noise in college ball. I genuinely don’t know but that could be my ignorance
Yeah that has been something I have noticed for a while, we haven't had a pro starting pitcher in forever. We had several guys that just had great college careers that did nothing in the pros. Erickson and Hernandez from 2008-10 come to mind. That being sad Cecconi and McMahon should end that trend soon.

Yeah that has been something I have noticed for a while, we haven't had a pro starting pitcher in forever. We had several guys that just had great college careers that did nothing in the pros. Erickson and Hernandez from 2008-10 come to mind. That being sad Cecconi and McMahon should end that trend soon.
Correct me if I’m wrong but slade isn’t from south Florida and neither was McMahon right?

I can’t name a single south Florida starter for Miami since these 2 freshman we have now. Garcia was great as a closer but I can’t think of any starters in recent memory from soflo

Advertisement
Correct me if I’m wrong but slade isn’t from south Florida and neither was McMahon right?

I can’t name a single south Florida starter for Miami since these 2 freshman we have now. Garcia was great as a closer but I can’t think of any starters in recent memory from soflo
You are correct about that Slade was from Central Florida and McMahon was from Pennsylvania

Planet Blake.

Edit - he gets a lot of **** for his hiring of head coaches off of failed staffs, and justifiably so. It would be just a smudge more palatable if he didn’t allow half of the assistants that taught the **** fundamentals to stick around each time too.

Yes. They have the new ballpark. I think the NCAa will reward them like the NFL does when a team bulds a new stadium. The NCAA already said that hosting sites won't be based on merit alone. Somebody is going to host in the state if Florida with 4-5 teams making it to the tournament.
I heard there's a bar in the outfield.

I believe Andrew Suarez was from Miami. But i get your point.

Advertisement
A lot of Dade during our brief mid decade bright period before a slow drift Broward and out.

2013- Diaz (Dade), B-Rad(Dade), Suarez(Dade), Salas(Dade)
2014- Diaz (Dade), B-Rad(Dade), Suarez(Dade), Salas(Dade)
2015- Suarez(Dade), D Garcia(Dade), Woodrey (Broward), Sosa(Panama)
2016- Mediavilla(Dade), D Garcia(Dade), Woodrey(Broward), Lepore (C FL)
2017- Bargfeldt(Oklahoma), Mediavilla(Dade), Lepore (C FL), Veliz(Monroe), McKendry(Broward)
2018-Bargfeldt(Oklahoma),McKendry(Broward),Cabezas(Dade)
2019-BVB(Broward), McKendry(Broward), McMahon(PA), Slade(C FL)
2020-BVB(Broward), McMahon(PA), Slade(CFL), McFarlane(USVI)

A lot of Dade during our brief mid decade bright period before a slow drift Broward and out.

2017- Bargfeldt(Oklahoma), Mediavilla(Dade), Lepore (C FL), Veliz(Monroe), McKendry(Broward)
Given how far out baseball recruiting is done and tendency not to start freshman pitchers in quantity, the change mostly tracks with Gino taking over recruiting from JD (along with the change from too many lefties to not enough).

I don’t really dislike the starting arms we’ve gotten in recent years. Although I do think we’re suffering from Gates not developing into a starter and (as of the moment) McFarlane looking like a bust. Our biggest recent issue prior to this year has really been in the bullpen. We seem to find one dominant reliever and a lot of yikes.

Advertisement

Well this completely discredits my theory lol. Thank you for the research. Had no idea bvb was from broward

Well this completely discredits my theory lol. Thank you for the research. Had no idea bvb was from broward
Less SoFlo but you seem to have to caught on to something with the lack of Dade pitchers. Our best rotation before last year was all Dade with a lot in our two CWS years too, and then we more or less stopped getting starters from the county until now.

I’m also not sure it’s fair to look at BVB or Bargfeldt. JUCO players tend to arrive more finished, and not really what you build a program with anyway. They’re more duct tape.

I'm not sure what difference it makes where our pitchers come from. Have we had a starting pitcher in the last decade that has even gotten a cup of coffee in MLB? How many Vanderbilt starting pitchers are from TN?

Edit: 2 decades?

Edit2: Suarez. I think that's it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Finally had some free time this weekend to watch these games in their entirety and was treated to flat out terrible baseball...

Just a flat out awful weekend when a sweep or 2/3 win weekend would have boosted us into hosting “lock” territory

The university of Miami baseball program is dead. I don’t care what any recruiting services are ranking these classes. It was dead in the late morris years and it might be even worse under Gino (minus the midweeks). This team does nothing well. Nothing. The fact that I have to watch a bunch of north east kids take us to school fundamentally is nauseating. **** Miami’s leadership for handing the keys to Dimare for no reason
Bingo

Getting swept once you can excuse as a lack of focus. Twice? There's something fundamentally wrong.

Getting swept once you can excuse as a lack of focus. Twice? There's something fundamentally wrong.
Gino sweeps in last year+:

Florida Gators @home in front of a sold out light

FSU @home worst series loss in program history

Pitt Panthers

Just terrible

Advertisement
Back