Aplogies to the anderson FAMILY...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly do you "make a kid not want to leave"?

Please tell me cause apparently we don't have it figured out. We run a great program. We take our kids all over the state to camps and tournaments. We're an 'A' school. We run a fun, high tempo offense. We run a diverse, attacking scheme on defense. We have an excellent weight training program and strength coach. We play big boy football (8A) and our schedule features tons of D1 talent. In the three years that our head coach has been here we have gone 5-5, 6-4 and then 7-3 last season. Our defense has been amongst the top in the county for the past three years. We've accomplished all of this despite the fact that we rarely have any scholarship level players. (we coach what we have an use to scheme to compensate for lack of talent)

Now consider everything I just told you and tell me how and why we seem to lose atleast one talented player every year to a transfer.

In the four seasons that I've been here we've lost a CB to St.Thomas who ended up signing a D1AA scholarship. (which is what he would've got if he stayed here)
We lost a 6'5" Offensive Lineman to American Heritage who ended up signing to West Virginia.
We lost a 6'4" WR/TE to American Heritage who ended up signing to Navy. (personally I think our offense would've got him a better offer)
We lost another Offensive Lineman to American Heritage last year. He went there and ended up sitting the bench.
We lost Giovanni Bernard and James White to St.Thomas. (they live in our zone)

And the worst of all...

After going 7-3 with an offense filled with Sophomores, the QB who made it all happen...a 6'4" kid with offers from Florida, Akron, Marshall and South Florida...leaves to St.Thomas. Now we go from possibly having the best season in school history next year to not even knowing who our starting QB is gonna be going into spring. All cause this kid's daddy wanted to take his kid to a more "attractive" high school.

How are we supposed to build something at this school? What can we do about random people off the street getting into our kid's ears, of their parents ears, and selling them on other programs?

Sorry but Western is not an A school and you are crazy if you think a kid gets a better education there as compared to St Thomas, Chaminade, U school or American Heritage. If I was poor and a nice private school like the ones I mentioned offered my kid to go there for free I'd do it in a second.

Advertisement
How exactly do you "make a kid not want to leave"?

Please tell me cause apparently we don't have it figured out. We run a great program. We take our kids all over the state to camps and tournaments. We're an 'A' school. We run a fun, high tempo offense. We run a diverse, attacking scheme on defense. We have an excellent weight training program and strength coach. We play big boy football (8A) and our schedule features tons of D1 talent. In the three years that our head coach has been here we have gone 5-5, 6-4 and then 7-3 last season. Our defense has been amongst the top in the county for the past three years. We've accomplished all of this despite the fact that we rarely have any scholarship level players. (we coach what we have an use to scheme to compensate for lack of talent)

Now consider everything I just told you and tell me how and why we seem to lose atleast one talented player every year to a transfer.

In the four seasons that I've been here we've lost a CB to St.Thomas who ended up signing a D1AA scholarship. (which is what he would've got if he stayed here)
We lost a 6'5" Offensive Lineman to American Heritage who ended up signing to West Virginia.
We lost a 6'4" WR/TE to American Heritage who ended up signing to Navy. (personally I think our offense would've got him a better offer)
We lost another Offensive Lineman to American Heritage last year. He went there and ended up sitting the bench.
We lost Giovanni Bernard and James White to St.Thomas. (they live in our zone)

And the worst of all...

After going 7-3 with an offense filled with Sophomores, the QB who made it all happen...a 6'4" kid with offers from Florida, Akron, Marshall and South Florida...leaves to St.Thomas. Now we go from possibly having the best season in school history next year to not even knowing who our starting QB is gonna be going into spring. All cause this kid's daddy wanted to take his kid to a more "attractive" high school.

How are we supposed to build something at this school? What can we do about random people off the street getting into our kid's ears, of their parents ears, and selling them on other programs?

Sorry but Western is not an A school and you are crazy if you think a kid gets a better education there as compared to St Thomas, Chaminade, U school or American Heritage. If I was poor and a nice private school like the ones I mentioned offered my kid to go there for free I'd do it in a second.

Uh, yes Western is an A school...and I never said the education was better than those private schools. SMH

Miramar's got like 89 guys on their "coaching staff". LOL

We fought tooth and nail with them that year. Lost 7-0. Smh

whole bunch of guys .....lol...which is why i never thought about coaching there...although i live down the street..and know/coached with some of their coaches before.

But to be honest Miramar doesnt really have to "recruit" like is stated....the area is LOADED with feeder talent (optomist/popwarner)...the school has a wide area to pull this talent...as Miramar only has 2 puplic schools...and one is EVERGLADES which is out west in LAMEVILLE. All they needed was coaching....and they got it...Miramar always was loaded with talent since my playing days...

You better watch out for Everglades now. LOL

If I was poor and a nice private school like the ones I mentioned offered my kid to go there for free I'd do it in a second.

And if they do that to get you to go there to play sports, then they are breaking FHSAA rules. Yeah, we know, they only offer financial aid to underprivileged kids and it has nothing to do with sports (wink, wink). Just fill out these forms with your income, GPA, bench press, 60 time, and address.

@WildCatDefense I see where you're coming from but you can't have it both ways. One of the reasons you guys had success was because my boys Fabian, Juwan, Jamal, & Deondre transferred to your school

Advertisement
All I know is a ****load of kids transferred out of my school and made better opportunities for themselves. They would've stayed if the coach didnt get fired but I can't say they would've got the same offers

Andrew Flory - No offers, transfers to Heritage ends up at Central Michigan (before coach got fired)
Michael Deeb - No offers, switches from DE to MLB & goes to Heritage. Picks up about 10-15 offers ends up at Notre dame.
Emmanuel Soto - No offers, goes to u school has 8 offers now and is going to get more throughout spring/summer.
Nick Jeanty - No offers, picks up UCF offer at miramar and is getting interest from Louisville, UT, etc.
Bryant Gross - No offers, goes to Hertiage & ends up at Rutgers
Justin Sibole & Carter Jacobs - small school offers and lot more exposure from transfer

Fabian is a bad example since he was a late bloomer.

Could they have been in the same situation if they stayed? Who knows, but transferring defintely didn't hurt them

If a player is transferring for a better opturnity, I don't blame him at all. But the players who leave their team entering their senior season after being with team for three years, or the kid who has transferred 3 times trying to a ring **** me off. (Hardship excluded e.g. Coach fired)

This thread reminds me why I don't come here often.

Kilton's leaving Naples because his father is being transferred to Washington State. It's the same way he came here, job transfer. He didn't want to leave. His father didn't want to leave. They spent 2 months trying to find a legitimate way to stay. He asked to delay the transfer until the end of Kilton's senior year. There's nothing wrong with them shopping around trying to find the best place for him to play in his new state (Skyline). You wouldn't look for the best academic school for your child if you were moving across country? Same thing, except Kilton's interests are athletic over academic at this point.

Frankly, this thread is the worst cut and paste hatchet job I've seen in a long time. Anyone thinking Coach Kramer ripped the kid has been fooled.

Advertisement
Kilton Anderson has lived all over the country. The Naples High junior called seven cities home, from Colorado to Arkansas, before settling in Southwest Florida four years ago.

Anderson has been on the move with a father who’s a higher-up at an international company. His mother calls him a gypsy. But that doesn’t make the next move any easier.

The Golden Eagles took the field for the first time since losing in the state semifinals Wednesday without their highly-touted quarterback. Anderson, an all-state selection who accounted for 45 touchdowns last season, has left the team. His family likely is moving to Seattle later this month.

“I knew there was a chance (of moving), but I didn’t think it would actually happen,” said the 6-foot-3, 200-pound passer. “I’m shocked.
“This team has done so much for me. There’s a brotherhood at Naples High that’s inseparable. The fact that I have to leave that, it’s almost heartbreaking.”

Anderson’s dad, Eric, learned he could be relocated for his job several weeks ago and informed Naples coach Bill Kramer of the possibility.

Eric Anderson is a vice president for security guard company that is headquartered in Europe. He wished not to include the name of his company in this article. Kilton Anderson said he learned the move was imminent Tuesday, and the Andersons told Kramer on Wednesday afternoon shortly before the first spring practice.

“I’ve moved around quite a lot,” said Anderson, who turns 18 on Thursday. “When it came up, I didn’t think much about it because I’m used to it. It’s tough your senior year to have to move to a new place.”

The move isn’t a done deal. Eric Anderson said he’s 95 percent sure that his family will relocate, but that he’s trying to work out an arrangement with his company to stay in Naples. Kilton Anderson is the youngest of four children to Eric and T.L. Anderson, and the three older siblings are out of the house.

Expectations soared this spring for Anderson, who was bursting with potential following a stellar junior year. He quit the baseball team to concentrate on football. The .333 hitter instead attended football camps at Miami, Florida State, Georgia Tech and defending national champion Alabama.

Anderson recently received his first Division I scholarship offer, from South Alabama, and has received interest from BCS schools.

In his sophomore season, Anderson grabbed the area’s attention by leading Naples to two playoff victories as an injury fill-in. Last fall as the full-time starter he threw for 1,288 yards and 17 touchdowns, and ran for 952 yards and 28 scores. The Eagles went 12-1 and won a regional championship.

Knowing he could spend his final prep season in the Northwest, Anderson attended a camp run by former University of Washington quarterback Taylor Barton near Seattle this past weekend. He earned MVP honors at the event.

“We hate to lose him,” Kramer said. “It’s a very difficult thing for him, and very difficult for me personally.
“For me this has never happened before — your starting quarterback who’s all-everything leaves on the first day of spring football.”

Naples plays its spring game May 23 at Cape Coral-Baker. At practice Wednesday, rising junior Luke Reed and rising sophomore Kieran DiGiorno rotated at quarterback. Reed played junior varsity last season, and DiGiorno was on the freshman team.

Rising junior Garrett Zech was the only other player to attempt a pass for Naples last season. Zech was 1-for-4 passing and rushed 19 times for 118 yards in six games. This spring, Zech is with the Golden Eagles baseball team, which plays tonight in the regional quarterfinals.

“We don’t really have time to feel sorry for ourselves,” Kramer said Wednesday at practice. “We’ve got to go. We’re got a game in three weeks. We’ve got to get ready to play.
“The good news is we have a bunch of really good players. Our work ethic and our effort has been tremendous in the offseason, so we should be pretty good.”

Anderson spent most of his childhood bouncing around the country for his dad’s job. He was born in Colorado, lived in Texas and briefly Kentucky before settling in Little Rock, Ark., for nine years.

After Eric Anderson switched companies in 2005, he was given the freedom to choose where he wanted to live as long as he was near a major airport. T.L. Anderson’s interest in Southwest Florida was piqued after reading the series of novels by Randy Wayne White, whose protagonist Doc Ford lived in the area.

The Andersons took a trip to Naples in 2007 and fell in love. They briefly considered sending their sons Kilton and Keggan, who played for the Golden Eagles in 2009 and 2010, to Barron Collier before settling on Naples High.

“This is by far the toughest move,” Kilton Anderson said. “It’s like leaving family.”

Anderson led the Naples freshman team to an undefeated season. The JV team also went unbeaten with Anderson under center in the fall of 2011.

Later that season, having never started a varsity game, Anderson stepped in when starting quarterback Billy Crook suffered an ankle injury in the first round of the playoffs. Anderson ran for 117 yards and two touchdowns to help Naples finish off a first-round victory over South Fort Myers. He got his first start the next week and ran for three touchdowns in a 41-0 trouncing of Fort Myers.

Anderson said his teammates have become like brothers to him, especially best friend and Eagles linebacker Brian Donnelly. While he still hopes to earn a Division I college scholarship in Seattle, Anderson is sad to leave Naples High.

“I wish my team the best of luck,” Anderson said. “I know they’re going to go far. They all have to bond together and become a brotherhood like we were last year. Once they do that, they’ll be a state championship team. I love all those guys. I’ll miss them, but I look forward to seeing them in the future.”

High School kids transfer all of the time. This kid is just a news story because he's going from Naples to Seattle, Washington instead of another private school in the state.

Wanted to re-post this again...Kilton send me a private note himself and I owe him and his family a HUGE apology for my selfish and stupid comments on his young man and his family.
I wish them all well in all their endeavors and travels....

Advertisement
Wanted to re-post this again...Kilton send me a private note himself and I owe him and his family a HUGE apology for my selfish and stupid comments on his young man and his family.

Dang dawg. Way to man up.

Washington HS football is subpar compared to Florida. Seattle, Tacoma and Vancouver are the only areas they produce D1 talent.

Advertisement

+rep

Man tears up in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back