AP Poll Release

Advertisement
Who cares if we will be ranked or not? Just beat the f'ucking turds!

With that being said, I believe the "powers that be" would like for the "150 years celebration" kickoff game to a match up amongst ranked opponents. It just looks better for promoting/marketing/PR purposes.
I agree, only because it is the opening game of the season they are going to put us in there just because it would be a ratings boost to see a "Top 25" match up. We haven't earned it, but I'll take it none the less.

Advertisement
Prolly not in the top 25...especially after last year..
We’re going to have to earn it.

IMO we will be somewhere around 22-28 so maybe ranked in the top 25 but it doesn't matter as if we beat UF we vault into the top 15 and we continue winning it takes care of itself . Just like it did 2 years ago when we were ranked 3rd at one point .

We're not going to be ranked.

Side note, does anybody know where there is a list of the people who get a vote for the AP? Google was not my friend...

Advertisement
The AP poll releases today at noon, what do you guys think we will be ranked? I hope that we aren't.
Could not agree more! Look, even with our week schedule, since the Canes are such a media draw, if we've earned the kind of ranking to put us into a position to have a great and impactful post season, our ranking will take care of itself. I'd prefer to be unranked, beat the lizards and then frog walk our way up the polls.

I think for the fact we are in a marquee game Saturday it will look better for optics with a number next to our name since UF will be top 10.

Advertisement
Y’all actually think that ESPN sends a note to all the AP writers who vote and says hey... it’d be great if you all voted Miami in the poll so our only game of the weekend gets just a little more hype... and then all the writers actually listen to ESPN? Smh

Advertisement
giphy.gif

If CBS and Phil Steele are anything to go by, we could be ranked in the high teens.

Advertisement
Back