anythruth? your thoughts

It could well be true. Staff does seem adverse to violent practices. So I believe it could be true, but I disagree with doing it entirely. You play like you practice! If our guys get pounded going over the middle at practice every day then MAYBE they will not be scared to death to do it in a game. We have to take back the middle of the field on both sides of the ball. Dorsett is threat to take top off of any defense. Stacy cannot be covered by one guy. That leaves the middle and intimidate routes open for the other WRs, TEs and backs. I do not believe these players are little girls; I am not so certain about the staff. My Lord, can we at lest wait for the other team to hurt us before we just surrender. Even the French wait for the actual invasion before giving up!

Advertisement
lol

159.gif

Ask your buddy if that was the same reason we didn't attack the middle of the field all last season either.

We are all dumber for having read this ****ing thread.

Stephen Morris is the reason we didn't attack the middle of the field last year. Guys were open all year over the middle but the ball wasn't thrown there.

Stephen Morris, for better or worse, was a senior who had experience. His backup was a junior.

This year no matter how you slice it...we're going to have a freshman back there. So will that be the new excuse for this crappy offensive scheme continuing to ignore the middle of the field?

And I'd love to hear your thoughts about how Morris didn't have an issue throwing to the middle of the field when Jedd was calling plays.

I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.

Advertisement
The physicality of practice at any level is directly related to your current depth and injuries. Coaches always let up as the season progresses because guys are just flat out worn down. Everyone here who has played knows that as a rule you don't hit in late October like you did in August. The exception to that is bowl season after you have had 2-3 weeks to heal the 50 deep bruises on your body.

In a lot of games last year we didnt show our full ofensive play book, but there were crossing patterns over the middle during the game, didnt they claim that it was a short field because they didnt want injuries

Ask your buddy if that was the same reason we didn't attack the middle of the field all last season either.

Stephen Morris is the reason we didn't attack the middle of the field last year. Guys were open all year over the middle but the ball wasn't thrown there.

Stephen Morris, for better or worse, was a senior who had experience. His backup was a junior.

This year no matter how you slice it...we're going to have a freshman back there. So will that be the new excuse for this crappy offensive scheme continuing to ignore the middle of the field?

And I'd love to hear your thoughts about how Morris didn't have an issue throwing to the middle of the field when Jedd was calling plays.

Was Morris effective over the middle in 2012? His 12 TDs and 7 INTS and less than 60% his first nine games before he got to the soft part of schedule would say he wasn't effective doing much of anything. People like to talk about the soft schedule being the reason we won 9 games last year. The only reason people here forget who Stephen Morris and Fisch really were is because Morris lit up UVA, USF and Duke in the last 3 games of 2012. He feasted on minnows.

Just let him be the dumb one...I get it....

Advertisement

FWIW I saw Olsen connect on a couple in routes to Lewis in the Spring Game. Not much of a sample size I know, but hey it's something.

I think the "ignoring the middle of the field" thing was a combination of the QB and OC. Morris' glaring weakness was timing/touch/anticipation (required for crossing routes, intermediate throws in the middle.) So the QB is already predisposed to throwing outs and deep posts - he's gonna look there first regardless of whatever options there were, unless there was a WIDE open check-down.

Conversely, Coley knew all this and tried his best to scheme for it - give Morris a deep read, a boundary read, and a check down and if it's not there, bail. Not saying I agree with the idea, but that's what I saw.

I do think we'll start to see the middle of the field open up more this year - just be prepared for a few high INTs in the process.

He feasted on minnows.

It's funny how you use this argument here. But when the same thing is said about Golden and the coaching staff in general only beating 1 out of the 13 teams we've played that finished with more than 7 wins....the argument convieniently no longer applies.

Bottom line...Coley is a below average offensive coordinator. I get the fact he's an ace recruiter...but his job description is OC, not head of recruiting.

You calling me dumb is like Hitler calling someone a ****.

You calling me dumb is like Hitler calling someone a ****.

Lulz......

Advertisement

Stephen Morris started reading his press clippings and decided he wanted to make the BIG play last year. Fisch is a better OC than Coley I will agree. Just go back and watch SM throw the ball into double coverage deep when a guy is wide open in the middle of the field on a dig route. The tape DOES NOT lie.

FWIW I saw Olsen connect on a couple in routes to Lewis in the Spring Game. Not much of a sample size I know, but hey it's something.

I think the "ignoring the middle of the field" thing was a combination of the QB and OC. Morris' glaring weakness was timing/touch/anticipation (required for crossing routes, intermediate throws in the middle.) So the QB is already predisposed to throwing outs and deep posts - he's gonna look there first regardless of whatever options there were, unless there was a WIDE open check-down.

Conversely, Coley knew all this and tried his best to scheme for it - give Morris a deep read, a boundary read, and a check down and if it's not there, bail. Not saying I agree with the idea, but that's what I saw.

I do think we'll start to see the middle of the field open up more this year - just be prepared for a few high INTs in the process.

I hear you ghost...but this whole "we didn't attack the middle of the field cause of Stephen Morris is an inaccurate, lazy, convenient excuse used by the "pro-coaching staff" crowd.

So basically what this crowd is saying is we're not going to use the middle of the field anytime soon. Morris wasn't "allowed" to cause he sucked, Williams couldn't beat out the guy who couldn't be trusted to throw to the middle of the field.....and then this year we've got 2 freshman with no experience.

It's beyond ridiculous. On another note what about screens to the running back? I went back and rewatched every game last year and counted less than 5 (even before Duke got hurt)...for the WHOLE SEASON. We have a running back in Duke who has great hands and is good in space.....someone explain to me how that makes any sense whatsoever.

Is the excuse there that Morris wasn't trusted to throw a 2 yard delayed dump off to the running back? At what point do people acknowledge that Coley's offense is too simplistic, doesn't take advantage of the entire field, and doesn't have anywhere near the depth and variety of looks that are needed on a week to week basis.

Go back to that G Tech game from 2 years ago and watch the beautiful angle route run by Mike James leaking out of the backfield in a goal-to-go situation from around the 5 yard line. That's a great call and a play thats tailor made for a situation like that with limited room to attack in the back of the end zone , yet with the defense predictably dropping to protect the goal line. Coley NEVER would have called that play. Not in a million years.

The physicality of practice at any level is directly related to your current depth and injuries. Coaches always let up as the season progresses because guys are just flat out worn down. Everyone here who has played knows that as a rule you don't hit in late October like you did in August. The exception to that is bowl season after you have had 2-3 weeks to heal the 50 deep bruises on your body.

It is April! Is that to late to hit?

Advertisement

I hear you ghost...but this whole "we didn't attack the middle of the field cause of Stephen Morris is an inaccurate, lazy, convenient excuse used by the "pro-coaching staff" crowd.

So basically what this crowd is saying is we're not going to use the middle of the field anytime soon. Morris wasn't "allowed" to cause he sucked, Williams couldn't beat out the guy who couldn't be trusted to throw to the middle of the field.....and then this year we've got 2 freshman with no experience.

It's beyond ridiculous. On another note what about screens to the running back? I went back and rewatched every game last year and counted less than 5 (even before Duke got hurt)...for the WHOLE SEASON. We have a running back in Duke who has great hands and is good in space.....someone explain to me how that makes any sense whatsoever.

Is the excuse there that Morris wasn't trusted to throw a 2 yard delayed dump off to the running back? At what point do people acknowledge that Coley's offense is too simplistic, doesn't take advantage of the entire field, and doesn't have anywhere near the depth and variety of looks that are needed on a week to week basis.

Go back to that G Tech game from 2 years ago and watch the beautiful angle route run by Mike James leaking out of the backfield in a goal-to-go situation from around the 5 yard line. That's a great call and a play thats tailor made for a situation like that with limited room to attack in the back of the end zone , yet with the defense predictably dropping to protect the goal line. Coley NEVER would have called that play. Not in a million years.

I honestly don't have a large enough sample size to get a feel for what Coley wants to run - ****, for all I know he doesn't either - the thread I started with all the OC questions was kinda born out of that uncertainty. I completely agree that just laying the entire offensive shortfall at Morris' feet is unfair and shortsighted.

Gam doesn't post **** like this so I will take it as good info... If some of y'all can't see the difference between Rodgers/Highsmith vs. Crawford/Carter then you should follow another sport.

That might've been a great call in Georgia Tech game but the three fades to little used Robert Lockhart in the red zone against FSU were awful. So we can play this game all day. How about the three total TDs against FSU, K-State, ND in 2012 with two coming in garbage time?

He production was average and you guys have made him an offensive genius because the plays were pretty.

Stop trying to use arguments I haven't made against me(Golden's lack of wins against good opponents)

Advertisement
Back