Anything less than 10 wins is IMPOSSIBLE

Timmy T-Bags $$$

We don’t care about nobody but this U! Fn Soldiers
When our projections for next years wins total is brought up there are many valid factors that are debated i.e. QB position uncertain, Not much senior leadership, very young on back end of our defense, first time head coach and I could go on and on. Why is the strength and conditioning factor never brought into the debate. They are the most important coach on the team besides the HC in my opinion. Even if you don’t agree with that you MUST agree that Feeley is 1000 times better than chubby McGee Felder. Combine our strength and conditioning program with a modern offense and a WEAK *** schedule. If we don’t get 10 wins this season I feel it is a failure.

Advertisement
eh 10 is possible but a lot hinges on the OL and QB. we know the D should be fine, but we had a great D last year and still won 7 games due to the QB/offensive scheme/OL amongst other things (ST). id hope were better at all three spots under an obviously upgraded coaching staff offensively, but well see. hopefully the QBs look as good as they were advertised coming out of HS

Advertisement
Love you and want to believe you man, but yeah, it's definitely possible we don't get to 10. I could almost go for IMPROBABLE we don't hit 10, but IDK.

Advertisement
Miami is built to win this year period. Don’t tell me how deep the water is just bring the ship in. Miami thoroughly out recruits any team in the acc other than Clemson. Outside of Clemson and FSU , Miami is thoroughly more talented than any other team they play, there is no excuses to be losing to some of these teams. In FACT the gap between Clemson and Miami is smaller than the gap between Miami and teams 4-14 in terms of overall talent in the acc. We should be more dominant, is Diaz the coach that makes us dominant in the acc? We will see.

If we didn’t have that debacle like last year losing 4 acc games we would be 1 or 2 games off from Clemson in acc play which is **** good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hmmm impossible sounds great.......but the real question is.....View attachment 85762
Is it crazy to be confident. If our schedule was even remotely challenging then I wouldn’t be so confident. I have been following the Canes for a decent amount of time (born in 81) and have experienced a lot of ups and downs with plenty of disappointing season with high expectations. However I think coaching makes all of the difference in the world ESPECIALLY at the collegiate level. Plus look at this schedule and honestly tell me if you see more than 2 losses during the regular season.....

Attachments

• 6F8F0194-E538-4EB6-84F4-FD208934D728.png
    6F8F0194-E538-4EB6-84F4-FD208934D728.png
    788.5 KB · Views: 24
Is it crazy to be confident. If our schedule was even remotely challenging then I wouldn’t be so confident. I have been following the Canes for a decent amount of time (born in 81) and have experienced a lot of ups and downs with plenty of disappointing season with high expectations. However I think coaching makes all of the difference in the world ESPECIALLY at the collegiate level. Plus look at this schedule and honestly tell me if you see more than 2 losses during the regular season.....

Suffice it to say I've been following the team far longer and have been down this road before.

If you or I could consistently pick the winners in a season we'd both be far richer than we are now.

Glad you're confident....but the only thing that really matters is how well the team plays vs. opponents each week and lets not forget injuries, bad breaks, bad refs...and simple bad luck because 💩 happens

I would love to win 10 plus games but it's Diaz 1st season being a HC with a new offense surrounded by new coaches....to say having less than our best year in a decade is impossible....just isn't what I'd call confidence.

But I join you in wishing that it happens.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a team that plays like a Miami team. If we go 8-4 (we won't) but play like a Miami team should, I wouldn't be too upset. That would be a sign that Manny has the culture going in the right direction. Randy Shannon's later teams didn't win championships but they played like a Miami team so it didn't sting as much. Then the Nevin scandle hit us.

Advertisement
When our projections for next years wins total is brought up there are many valid factors that are debated i.e. QB position uncertain, Not much senior leadership, very young on back end of our defense, first time head coach and I could go on and on. Why is the strength and conditioning factor never brought into the debate. They are the most important coach on the team besides the HC in my opinion. Even if you don’t agree with that you MUST agree that Feeley is 1000 times better than chubby McGee Felder. Combine our strength and conditioning program with a modern offense and a WEAK *** schedule. If we don’t get 10 wins this season I feel it is a failure. View attachment 85760
So you're going over?

Every year Miami is the most talented team in the coastal. We’ve had one year where we won it and it was actually like a tiebreaker type of situation.

Let’s go out and win the coastal out right. Tired of seeing this club underperform while VT and GT have made of most of the coastal appearances.

Miami is built to win this year period. Don’t tell me how deep the water is just bring the ship in. Miami thoroughly out recruits any team in the acc other than Clemson. Outside of Clemson and FSU , Miami is thoroughly more talented than any other team they play, there is no excuses to be losing to some of these teams. In FACT the gap between Clemson and Miami is smaller than the gap between Miami and teams 4-14 in terms of overall talent in the acc. We should be more dominant, is Diaz the coach that makes us dominant in the acc? We will see.

If we didn’t have that debacle like last year losing 4 acc games we would be 1 or 2 games off from Clemson in acc play which is **** good.

FSU 11-13? That's ridiculously bad with all the talent they've had. We've disappointed, but not nearly at that level.

Advertisement
Back