Anyone worried about the middle of the Dline this year?

Advertisement
Worrying about DTs has become automatic over the last 10 years. I'll stop when I see pee stains on QBs running away from the center of the pocket. DE sacks are great but those panic throws from a collapsing middle of a pocket always seemed to result in picks that scar the qbs' memories and bring rewards in 4th quarters. Lack of Miami level DTs and overall speed are what has been missing for years. Oh sure we need better QB play but no offense makes cowards of the other team.

We all saw what the d looked like with Willis dominating. Moving up in the pocket is refuge vs our speed rush ends.

We all saw what the d looked like with Willis dominating. Moving up in the pocket is refuge vs our speed rush ends.
This is exactly why Rousseau gets moved inside on passing downs. I know the FSU quarterbacks got tired of seeing #15 in their face as soon as they dropped back.

This is exactly why Rousseau gets moved inside on passing downs. I know the FSU quarterbacks got tired of seeing #15 in their face as soon as they dropped back.

Truth, he did almost all of his damage inside in that game. Honestly with how long his arms are and how hard it is for anyone to get hands on his body, i'm not sure he couldn't play DT on all downs.

Advertisement
When Miller actually gets snaps he makes plays....maybe it’s his conditioning that’s limiting his playing time??

Ford seems very solid vs the run and avg. as a pass rusher but this could be just how they scheme their DTs vs the Pass

It’s been stated that Nesta was playing hurt most of the season but to me he still seems limited vs the run or pass. Can he live up to his hype?? We’ll see soon enough since he’s fully healthy

Yeah Miller came here as a huge dude. I think it's conditioning but he made big strides year one to two in that regard. I think year three he plays a lot more and is possibly our best player on the interior.

We're going to get challenged up the gut early on while the DE's are pushed outside. The DT's and LB'ers will have to prove it or it will be a long season.

Advertisement
My only concerns about this defense is speed and depth at the cornerback positions when we play an elite team with great speed, Last, the entire defense needs to gets us off the field more on 3rd downs. Giving Lashlee more plays and series to score will make this a big season. Offensive goals - get to 30+ points in every game. This defense shouldn't give up 30 but it will......thinking NC. We need to win the coastal and shock Clemson and then I'll analyse the DT position play after the season is over :cool: Else, Manny is fired and this thread is forever meaningless. Next concern will be how bad BAMA beats us in 2021. I get it, we are impatient or we've sucked for too long.

We're going to get challenged up the gut early on while the DE's are pushed outside. The DT's and LB'ers will have to prove it or it will be a long season.
That should definitely be the base of a offensive game plan against us. Our big boys have to step up...

Ford was a Green Tree AA coming out of fall camp and flashed a few times and that’s about it. I know that Nesta was injured but when he was healthy he did very little. Miller is going into his 3rd year and was a developmental player. Holley and HH are gonna be RFr. To me, it’s a glaring issue unless two of those guys improve a ton without an off-season.

When did this happen? I missed it since he didn’t play.
Yea the main reason Johnathan Taylor had like 5000 rushing yards on us , the ony off game willis really had was against BC

Dudes need to quit expecting interior linemen to flourish in year one or two out of HS. Those dudes almost always take time. Even the great ones.

Look at guy like Suh at Nebraska. Didn't do **** till his junior year. Then, he absolutely blew up like he came out of nowhere. Same with all of our truly great DTs. Most of them weren't **** till their 3rd or 4th year out of HS.

It's real man business in the interior. Kids tend to get abused in there.

I expect Ford, Silvera, and Miller to be hosses in the middle this year. Miller is a guy I can see being one of those "where'd he come from?" guys.
Couldn't say it more perfectly, i think nesya take a big step this year

Advertisement
The only thing to worry about is improvement at DT....how hard did they hit the weight room during the pandemic? Did they learn more moves etc...they're definitely going to be serviceable but are they ready to take the next step? We won't know if they're elite or near the top of the ACC until we see them in action.....I've always been a big fan of Miller would like to see him more....Nesta was the #2 DT this has to be his coming out party or bust....Ford progressed alot last year let's hope that continues...can't sleep on the young guys one or two of them could break out....overall it's a decent group on paper....

Advertisement
Back