Anyone that's defended McCoy

I wouldn't write off Ervin, Wilkerson, even Campbell yet. And Jatori Williams and Sean Tatum are going to have a vote on that lineup, as well. Mirabalio stacking talent years to come.

Campbell is cooked here brother. He is getting lapped by the youngins and not playing. So unless he is hurt (and if he is then I take this back), then the writing is on the wall.
 
Just because he’s not at the level he needs to be four games into the season doesn’t mean he’s behind. He’s a true freshman. Didn’t Mauigoa and Bell both have those same issues early on? They turned out to be pretty good lol
I'd say these 3 are vastly different prospects.

Francis was the furthest ahead athletically. Bell had the measurables but needed to catch up with experience and strength (tireless worker btw) and Cantwell is still adjusting to the speed but at this point looks to be the least athletic of the 3. Some of that could be a nagging injury. Right now he does not play as fast as Cogden for example. Seems tentative at times.
 
Campbell is cooked here brother. He is getting lapped by the youngins and not playing. So unless he is hurt (and if he is then I take this back), then the writing is on the wall.

Well, I did write "even Campbell". We always knew he was a project. Maybe the light comes on. I just wouldn't write him off unless he's playing for another team next season.
 
I wouldn't write off Ervin, Wilkerson, even Campbell yet. And Jatori Williams and Sean Tatum are going to have a vote on that lineup, as well. Mirabalio stacking talent years to come.
I have Joel at RT with Hawks. Wilkerson has 14 snaps vs FAMU and Campbell has 0 snaps so it is tough to say that they are developing.
 
Just because he’s not at the level he needs to be four games into the season doesn’t mean he’s behind. He’s a true freshman. Didn’t Mauigoa and Bell both have those same issues early on? They turned out to be pretty good lol
I'd say these 3 are vastly different prospects.

Francis was the furthest ahead athletically. Bell had the measurables but needed to catch up with experience and strength (tireless worker btw) and Cantwell is still adjusting to the speed but at this point looks to be the least athletic of the 3. Some of that could be a nagging injury. Right now he does not play as fast as Cogden for example. Seems tentative at times.
He did look a lot better in clean up duty at LT than he did at LG.

I don’t think he’s ready to start, but I think we should be fast tracking him to be the swing tackle for both LT/RT. If he doesn’t play a ton this year, that’s okay, but he’ll be ready for next year.
 
I know this isn't even on relative subject, but check out king Congdon below! Kid's gonna be great and looks to have some Joe Alt to his game:

 
Just because he’s not at the level he needs to be four games into the season doesn’t mean he’s behind. He’s a true freshman. Didn’t Mauigoa and Bell both have those same issues early on? They turned out to be pretty good lol
I hope you’re right. In an ideal world he starts at RT and McCoy would play RG for me but I’m not an OL expert. I played DB in college.
 
The amount of fans we have that love to talk **** about our players is amazing. 3 years ago they would've all given up on SO63 cause they know so much about OL play. Maybe leave the roster build to the people that see the players daily.
 
He did look a lot better in clean up duty at LT than he did at LG.

I don’t think he’s ready to start, but I think we should be fast tracking him to be the swing tackle for both LT/RT. If he doesn’t play a ton this year, that’s okay, but he’ll be ready for next year.
Yeah definitely need the reps. Hope to see more explosion at the POA though.
 
Cantwell isn’t an OG so get him as many snaps at OT as possible.

Congdon and McCoy have similar body types. Massive bases that are nfl OG types.

Samson is making himself money at LT. he may end up at RT in the nfl but his work over the last four years is paying off.

SJ- get better at snaps or start dropping weight to play FB.

By December, we likely will have 7-8 kids that are starter material. The big question, does Cantwell or Hawks push McCoy inside over Maxx? At this point, Congdon is on the path to move SJ to backup center by December(likely October).

Samson, Congdon, RR, Maxx, McCoy is the likely the best group now. Disappointed that Pickett didn’t get snaps at OG but that will happen in time.

I think Cogdon's future is a at tackle.
 
Back
Top