Anyone know who the best D Tackles for 2020 are and who we might be going after?

He needs to get in the weight room. He is a big kid but he isnt strong at all.
Does he have a motor? Yes.

Does he move well for 300? More than well.

Is he a sloppy 330? No.

Cool, I’ll put muscle on him then.

Advertisement
We have 2 committed will be interesting to see if they stick. We’ll be takin 2 maybe 3
Def 3...probably 5-6 linemen in total depending if they feel Garvin will leave early(he is, he’s a first rounder).

Def 3...probably 5-6 linemen in total depending if they feel Garvin will leave early(he is, he’s a first rounder).
I would guess 3, but off of 5 in 2 years, I think they will shoot high on the third spot. And I agree 2-3 ends...Def 3 if Cam Williams or Phillips aren't coming.

Overall I'd say

QB 1-2
RB 1-2
WR 3-4
TE 1-2
OL 4-5

DT 2-3
DT 2-3
LB 3
DB 5-6(including Tennison here even though he's a striker)

Advertisement
He needs to get in the weight room. He is a big kid but he isnt strong at all.

That looks like a stoutly built 340lbs to me
8938310.jpg

Go Canes

The 2 2020 DT's we have are probably low ceiling high floor kids, need a kid with a high ceiling to finish out this DT class not sure who that is but have to make Tim smith a big priority until he tells us no. I think he only visited us once last year, ive seen multiple interviews with him and he has brought us up but if we cant get him on campus he aint coming.

Take as many quality DL as you can. Can never have enough and there will probably be plenty of drama with the bags that will try to be dropped on these studs.

I could've been reading nonsense but i remember people not being high on Riggins and him being considerate a drop candidate. Any insight?

Riggins was loyal all last season when we was looking like a circus, he’s always repping us. Better not drop him, plus we need to keep that IMG connection.

Advertisement
The 2 2020 DT's we have are probably low ceiling high floor kids, need a kid with a high ceiling to finish out this DT class not sure who that is but have to make Tim smith a big priority until he tells us no. I think he only visited us once last year, ive seen multiple interviews with him and he has brought us up but if we cant get him on campus he aint coming.
And what makes you say that? The two we have are 6'2 ish 270-280. That's like prototypical size to start with for athletic, penetrating DTs. Get them in a college S&C program and in two years they'll be 290+, athletic and causing havoc in the backfield. I don't understand the logic behind the "low ceiling" comment at all.

Read this article 247 did about DT prospects from high school to the NFL: https://247sports.com/Article/2018-...arn-for-defensive-tackle-prospects-119050111/

Most likely will be 4 DL in total 2 DT 2 DE. Riggins is in, Carter 100% is a must and priority for staff . I believe they like Moise at OL. Chantz for DE and someone else national

3 DEs, maybe 4, Patchan, Hill, & Garvin and Cam is a (?) won't be here after next season, give me some combination of Chantz, Kinsler, Roberts and we already have Anaele.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back