Anyone hear anything on this?

Advertisement
Rick isn’t going anywhere folks. Too stubborn and way too much ego for that to happen. On the outside chance that it does the buyout agreement would most likely hamper efforts to pay a real HC.

So, Goldberb still alibe down there?

He's after my time in south Florida. Sonny Hirsch was doing play-by-play down there when I left (and he still might be) and Luther Evans was Herald beat reporter (may still be under the nom de plume Susan Miller Degmam).
Man, that’s 18 name changes to Joe Robbie ago.

I’ve been involved in big decisions like this one and the GC’s job is to clearly lay out the risks. Unless the GC is on the Board, he or she gets no vote. Clearly, any reasonable Board will heed the advice / concerns of counsel. But at the end of the day if the Board is willing to pay a buyout of $25 million, they will approve it.

By the way, I have seen this play out profesionally. I find your reference to law school laughable.
You wrote above “Counsel’s job is not to make business decisions. They’re not going to stop anyone from making a bad deal; their job is to protect you legally.”

If you’ve been involved in this sort of thing, then you know that competent counsel do, in fact, help clients avoid bad contractual term decisions, not just at the decision stage but through the negotiations that lead up to it. So it is wrong to say they arent going to stop anyone from making bad decisions. They do it all the time. Doesnt require final say to be so. While it is literally true that the final decision is a business one, it ignores a heck of a lot of real world dynamic to just jump to that observation here.

Advertisement
Unless he knew the Tamu DC was getting offered first and didn’t think he’d turn it down
Fermin knowing something? Impossible. He’s a clown. You would’ve thought this guy was Malik’s dad the way he talked about him. The amount of times he referenced his performance against Toledo is all you need to know.

Mark Rcht is not going anywhere. Also, he is not going to hire an offensive coordinator. What he will do is give up play-calling. One of our current co-offensive coordinators will call the plays. Yeah yeah yeah, as he will say, everyone will have a say. It makes the most sense. We have Co-defensive coordinators that call plays, so we should have co-offensive Coordinators that call plays.
1B7A938C-9DE3-4BC8-802C-CF1D5E243B96.gif

The reason why I think this could happen is because I’m confident Richt would rather ride off quietly into the sunset, with a bunch of money, as opposed to being forced to fire his son and friends.

...and not have the ability to call plays. I can't see why anyone would want this to continue. If it's just about money I'm sure they'll come to an agreement because, life is too short.

Yup. He's alive but I'm not sure well.....not that he was every extremely well. They were wheeling him out for horse race broadcasts on occasion but I don't know if he's even still doing that.
Wheeling him out????

In a wheelchair or on a gurney? If the latter did they use a ventriloquist to send off voice signals as I have long advocated they do with Sonny Hirsch's cadaver?

Advertisement
Fermin knowing something? Impossible. He’s a clown. You would’ve thought this guy was Malik’s dad the way he talked about him. The amount of times he referenced his performance against Toledo is all you need to know.
We played Toledo?....uh, I forgot. Did we win?

Advertisement
Explain to me how you can quit and expect a buyout.
Also isn’t asking to quit a breach of the contract or cause for a firing?

Sounds like you could tie that one up in court

Advertisement
Man, that’s 18 name changes to Joe Robbie ago.
You mean the stadium? I left long before that stadium. Never been in that stadium. Long before the Dolphins.

I'm almost old enough to remember the old Miami Seahawks, Miami's first professional football team.

Miami Marlins were still a minor league team. Chuck Holiber was last off the bench for Miami Hurricanes basketball, the only worthwhile south Florida basketball above high school hoops.

Barry College was just girls...and probably mostly virgins.

Only musicians smoked dope.

Cars took leaded gas.

Butterball was on the ***** radio station. (It was OK to say *****, since it was preferable to colored.)

The only McGahee around was about to become a star HS DT.

Cyril Pinder was a black standout south Florida RB that most people never heard of.

Used to eat at Royal Castle.

Ralph Renick used to say "Goodnight and may the good news he yours."

Some people wanted Gustafson to leave but nobody worried about a buyout..

That was south Florida when I left.

Advertisement
Back