Anyone hear anything on this?

Advertisement
Even more reason Blake must be fired.

Blske was so desperate to get Mork he handed over the entire program. So don’t be shocked he’s standing by his man.

It’s the only reason Mork took the job , after Uga he wanted the last say with everything. Power was more important than the actual dollars.

The extension is a fireable offense , and the actual contract is even worse.

Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 5.31.06 PM.png

Don't know how plugged in this guy is from the tweets above, says on his bio that he reports for GT, but if the higher-ups are ****ed that's good for us.

Advertisement
Unless Richt steps down we’re f’d ,his contract is absolutely crazy . Dude has absolute control over the entire football program. From firing assistants right down to the uniforms. Blake is his *****.

So Mark Richt’s boss has no ability to fire any of his employees on the football staff? Why would any sane person agree to this? Completely desperate move by Blake and makes a ton of sense why Mark is asking for a huge payout to go away. Sounds like things are a mess at Hecht right now.

James doesn’t sign off on the contract by himself. The University has a general counsel and outside counsel. If they signed off on that idiotic an agreement, without there even being a reason to, after all the U went through in the past on coaching contracts, then they are all truly incompetent.

I would love to see if there is a way for them to demand that he fire Jon. He may have covered his bum on that one too.

Advertisement
So Mark Richt’s boss has no ability to fire any of his employees on the football staff? Why would any sane person agree to this? Completely desperate move by Blake and makes a ton of sense why Mark is asking for a huge payout to go away. Sounds like things are a mess at Hecht right now.
There’s a reason Blake just says the same ole bs. He literally has no power , Richt can walk up and take a dump on his desk and he can’t do jack.

Blake can’t force crap, he gave Richt everything he wanted. Including the same money he was getting paid at the school that just canned him.

Advertisement
Well, you can always fire him and pay him whatever the buyout is in the contract. No one here knows how much that is. If he offered to quit with a big buyout, then you have the start of a negotiation. If the result of the negotiation doesn’t suit Richt, he can just resume his duties and we suffer the consequences. It seems to me that he holds all the cards.

This is assuming this is true.
What is the likelihood of the BOT even being engaged, much less concerned, about this situation right now?
Those folks are probably on holiday, probably skiing somewhere on their boat.
I am starting to think these rumors are bogus.
Richt will hire his LB coach and waddle on.

I haven't read the entire thread, so apologies if this was covered.

The only way Richt would offer to quit is if firing Jon was part of the changes that were demanded. He won't do it and, imo, would quit before he was forced to.

Requesting a buyout in exchange for quitting? You really think an agent wouldn't demand that? ****, Richt got his buyout from UGA and didn't even have a signed contract when we fired him.

Advertisement
There’s a reason Blake just says the same ole bs. He literally has no power , Richt can walk up and take a dump on his desk and he can’t do jack.

Blake can’t force crap, he gave Richt everything he wanted. Including the same money he was getting paid at the school that just canned him.

Thought you were done with your Dan Sileo III shtick

Well, you can always fire him and pay him whatever the buyout is in the contract. No one here knows how much that is. If he offered to quit with a big buyout, then you have the start of a negotiation. If the result of the negotiation doesn’t suit Richt, he can just resume his duties and we suffer the consequences. It seems to me that he holds all the cards.

Yep. That or hope he realizes he can’t handle this and calls it quits.

I mean he does seem miserable, hopefully it gets worse.

I was hopinh after the Wisconsin raping he’d finally see the light and realize he needs help. But I guess it doesn’t matter at this point.

Last edited:
Blske was so desperate to get Mork he handed over the entire program. So don’t be shocked he’s standing by his man.

It’s the only reason Mork took the job , after Uga he wanted the last say with everything. Power was more important than the actual dollars.

The extension is a fireable offense , and the actual contract is even worse.
i never got it. this dude acted like he hired saban. f'n idiot

Advertisement
Back