Anyone hear anything on this?

No, I got it right.

Schnellenberger left - and could never duplicate what he did at UM - but he could have had he been able to return - and he had some regrets along that matter.

Jimmy left, and never coached college again - but had he decided he wanted to - he knew UM, knew the culture, and he'd have been able to do the same thing again - of course - Butch did the heavy lifting on the recruiting and evaluating the players for JJ.

Erickson had it rolling here - was handed a pretty good team and smoked it - but he could never begin to approach what he was able to do here at Miami.

Butch started out in the hole before his first day - sanctions - television, bowl games, 31 scholarship reductions his first two years - but Butch had been here with Jimmy, knew the culture, excelled at player evaluations, excelled at recruiting - and while the numbers held him up for four years -two years reductions, two years of making that up - he had his team - and could do the same thing again.

If Richt was in the small airline business - he could make a million dollars in one year.

If he started with two million.
The thing is fararcher at 67 going on 68 can Butch really do it again? I mean 3 years ago a lot of people thought he was to old and we hired a younger man that is already burnt out. Does butch have the energy for competing at the top level anymore. For the most part “Saban” aside this is a young mans game. Your thoughts?

Advertisement
Not a joke at all.
He has a good track record in this sort of thing.
Go back 3 years on this board and you will see why.
I would argue he is better at this than his day (meteorologist) job..lol
Well that gives me some hope!

Advertisement
Nbrunner38,

I hope this still has legs about possible Richt buyout. I would just feel a little better if we would hear something from another source as well. Here's to hoping it comes true.

Go canes!

The thing is fararcher at 67 going on 68 can Butch really do it again? I mean 3 years ago a lot of people thought he was to old and we hired a younger man that is already burnt out. Does butch have the energy for competing at the top level anymore. For the most part “Saban” aside this is a young mans game. Your thoughts?

Saban wasn’t even at LSU when Butch did that. Why are we still talking about something that happened in the 1990’s entering 2019?

Advertisement
if Herm Edwards joined the Chippendales , would that mean JJ could do some dancing too ?

theres no way JJ is getting off his boat in the Keys and giving up the easy millions he makes on TV to coach again .... not happening.
JimmyJohnson4.jpg

Screenshot_20181229-130600.png

Anyone know if this guy is reliable? He posts about UM football all the time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back