Anyone else...

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
hold their breath when King targeted that dude after the interception? I kept waiting for the buzz in from the booth, but, thankfully, it never came.

On another note, Bobby Burns looks fast again. He is exploding into the LOS this year for the first time his sophomore year of HS. I might want to give him some earlier looks to see what he has. He looks fast, powerful, and he's running angry. Chaney is dinged, and Knighton seems better served in the slot or catching passes out of the backfield right now.

Advertisement
hold their breath when King targeted that dude after the interception? I kept waiting for the buzz in from the booth, but, thankfully, it never came.

On another note, Bobby Burns looks fast again. He is exploding into the LOS this year for the first time his sophomore year of HS. I might want to give him some earlier looks to see what he has. He looks fast, powerful, and he's running angry. Chaney is dinged, and Knighton seems better served in the slot or catching passes out of the backfield right now.
Did not catch the King helmet hit during game but watching today my thoughts were by the rule he could have been called for it
Have to agree about Burns. Think he has earned some snaps in real time. Backs and our tight ends best recievers we have. Use them

I was more concerned about King injuring his shoulder laying that DB out than I was a targeting call. But now that you mention it, it was more targeting than the one they reviewed of Nesta

Burns is looking like he can be a good RB3 next year if he can stay healthy.

Advertisement
I was more concerned about King injuring his shoulder laying that DB out than I was a targeting call. But now that you mention it, it was more targeting than the one they reviewed of Nesta

Burns is looking like he can be a good RB3 next year if he can stay healthy.
If Burns can stay healthy and play like he's played in brief spurts this year, he's earned a few reps earlier. I'd get him a few reps early against UVA to see what he has before the game is already over.

The classic ACC move would have been to call it on him, have it be confirmed by the booth and it clearly not be targeting.

The classic ACC move would have been to call it on him, have it be confirmed by the booth and it clearly not be targeting.
My inclination was that it was targeting. Looked like he lowered his hat like a billy goat. I've never seen a QB catch a targeting call, but yikes I was nervous they were going to stop the play.

Advertisement
I’ve been saying for a few games now that I believe Burns had earned at least a few more carries every game. I’d like to see it - maybe something like 8-10, maybe more if we carry a decent lead into the fourth. If he shows something with that, then he should be able to compete with the rest of the guys to some extent.

Burns should be our #2

Advertisement
Advertisement
Burns should be our #2

i could see him as one of our top two backs, which says a lot as we got some talent at that position. Maybe there’s something holding Burns back but I don’t know what that is. I’m Definitely a fan of his. When healthy he reminds me of Herschel Walker. He just seems like the kind of back that will get better and better in the game as he gets more reps, gets into the flow, and wears down a defense. He’s a big bruising punishing back, more so than the others.

I’d give Burns a few more carries too

Knighton seems a little too focused on running guys over instead of cutting to holes created by his blockers and to open field

Advertisement
Back