Anyone else...

They already have their favorites at RB so I don't see it happening. Not that the other guys aren't good, but Burns is a afterthought in this staffs mind.

Advertisement
Burns should get more carries. King being trained by Carter and Smith on tackling technique. Technically should have been ejected. But that would have been a bizarro call.

Last edited:
hold their breath when King targeted that dude after the interception? I kept waiting for the buzz in from the booth, but, thankfully, it never came.

On another note, Bobby Burns looks fast again. He is exploding into the LOS this year for the first time his sophomore year of HS. I might want to give him some earlier looks to see what he has. He looks fast, powerful, and he's running angry. Chaney is dinged, and Knighton seems better served in the slot or catching passes out of the backfield right now.
Yeah, King was lucky for not being called, I thought the same exact thing to myself while watching.. In the end, Pitt wanted to punch it in quickly and we were lucky that it flew under the refs radar, too.

Burns looks really the strongest back of all, that's true, if his speed could only be a little bit higher he could be punishing on the field as a starter.

Advertisement
The boy is big, fast, and healthy for the first time in years.

He will have some big runs before it’s over. We signed him for good reason. Few big backs can move like him in the open field. He could be **** on a screen pass.

The young guys are talented. No need to rush them and beat them up. The last two weeks have been the most physical games of their lives. They are both feeling it, especially Chaney.

Now that we are FINALLY doing more work out of 20 formations, it’s a great time to work him. I really hope Lashlee can pull some traditional half back screens and triple option out of it. A fake triple option pass would lead to easy scores like the fake qb draw.

i could see him as one of our top two backs, which says a lot as we got some talent at that position. Maybe there’s something holding Burns back but I don’t know what that is. I’m Definitely a fan of his. When healthy he reminds me of Herschel Walker. He just seems like the kind of back that will get better and better in the game as he gets more reps, gets into the flow, and wears down a defense. He’s a big bruising punishing back, more so than the others.
Just when I didn't think there was anything new under the sun, Bobby Burns evokes Herschel Walker.

hold their breath when King targeted that dude after the interception? I kept waiting for the buzz in from the booth, but, thankfully, it never came.

On another note, Bobby Burns looks fast again. He is exploding into the LOS this year for the first time his sophomore year of HS. I might want to give him some earlier looks to see what he has. He looks fast, powerful, and he's running angry. Chaney is dinged, and Knighton seems better served in the slot or catching passes out of the backfield right now.
Totally agree on Burns. Always been rooting for him and felt like if he could ever stay healthy and get a real crack at playing time, he could be a real weapon for us. I really hope he gets the opportunity and the health to go from a footnote to a difference maker. With his body, he can really wear down a D, if used properly.

Advertisement
Wouldn't mind seeing Burns lining up at H-back, using him out of the backfield as well as a running threat from that position.

Just when I didn't think there was anything new under the sun, Bobby Burns evokes Herschel
Burns absolutely reminds me of Herschel Walker. And as I’ve said about three times before in other posts, I’m not saying he is in the same league as Herschel Walker or presently close to it - just reminds me of him.

And BTW the young man’s first name is Robert. That is the name he uses; not Bobby.

Advertisement
I’m nuts, but I wouldn’t mind a wishbone package w burns at FB to surprise somebody in like a Clemson rematch. Kinda like we did w the wildcat against ND.

Burns has obviously had to overcome some injury adversity but he's hung in there and seems to try and take advantage of every opportunity. He runs hard and always seems to moving forward. More carries should come for sure.

When I saw burns out there, I was like dang what is holding this guy up. He looks like the most rocked up guy on the team. Always hoped he would turn into something.

Advertisement
If Roberto can stay healthy, he can ignite our run game down the stretch. He has the tools.

agreed Bobby needs more snaps.

I would let Chaney rest his shoulder this game and give Bobby his snaps. 10-15 snaps would be good for him

Advertisement
Back