Anyone else think we beat BC by at least 2 touchdowns?

gacericardo

Junior
Im ready to see the hard work and conditioning pay off. I think we come out and blast these guys

BC
a15216ba_vbattach463487.jpg

Advertisement
BC plays tight football games. They always have a defense that plays tough and strong. They don't have a super stud LB like Keuchly, but Steele Devito and Kevin Louis Pierre are good players at linebacker that can give us problems.

IMO, its all about the Miami passing game. If Morris and the receivers can develop an early rapport, I think Miami could easily win. But, if they don't, to win, they'll have to grind it out and be mistake free.

If we lose this game its going to be a struggle to win 5 games. If we don't blow them out something is wrong.

We finished last season with a loss to them and we have all off season to think about that and we play them 1st. What more could you ask for? Golden wouldn't admit it, but he's gotta be in their ears about that. Especially the OL cause if we come out and stuff it down their throats it's over with.

Advertisement
I don't see a remarkably better team than last year. I mean, I hope so, but I don't see it. We lost Miller and Streeter. We lost our best LBer in Spence as well.

I don't see a remarkably better team than last year. I mean, I hope so, but I don't see it. We lost Miller and Streeter. We lost our best LBer in Spence as well.

No one really knew Streeter was going to be as good as he was.. I can easily see Dorsett filling his shoes. I also think we are going to be better overall at LB this year.

I hope your right, I would love to have a Saturday were it is easy win, with no yelling at the tv.

Advertisement
Better at DB (Hard not to)
Better at DT
Better at LB

Better at QB
Better at WR (I think Dorsett goes off)
Slightly better at TE (Hard not to)
Throw in a playmaker we haven't had in a while in Duke
ST should be better too.

Also as a whole, the team should be smarter and more confident in what the coaches are asking of them. Along with having more toughness to hopefully translate into not wasting away at the end of games.

I just think and hope all that translates to all those close losses we've had recently turning into wins.

Better at DB (Hard not to)
Better at DT
Better at LB

Better at QB
Better at WR (I think Dorsett goes off)
Slightly better at TE (Hard not to)
Throw in a playmaker we haven't had in a while in Duke
ST should be better too.

Also as a whole, the team should be smarter and more confident in what the coaches are asking of them. Along with having more toughness to hopefully translate into not wasting away at the end of games.

I just think and hope all that translates to all those close losses we've had recently turning into wins.

I would add as a group, this RB unit will be better than last.

BC gets their **** kicked in.

I'm hopeful, but right now I see us winning by at least 7. I think this may end up being a statement game where they come out strong and break it off in BC. 2+ TD margin if they get it all together. Lots of hungry guys with a lot to prove.

Or we see a repeat of the MD game from last year setting the tone for a mediocre season.

Advertisement
I think it's statement game for us, and we make a big statement. 30-10 Canes!

No. As much as I would like to see us come out and dominate, i'll reserve that expectation until I see what we actually look like. We were all saying last year that we were going to blow out Maryland as well and that didn't go too well. We honestly don't know how this team is going to look and to say automatically that we'll be better than we were last season is premature.

Will I be surprised if we come out and win by 14+? No. I also wouldn't be surprised if we came out and lost.

Advertisement
Two things will determine a win/loss against BC:

1. Can Stephen Morris manage the game better than he did last year?
He was pretty **** good for three quarters against Maryland last year and we'll need him to be on point against BC. If he can get the ball to his players without turning the ball over, we'll walk out of this one easily. There's sufficient talent on the offensive side of the ball to beat a BC team handily. Hurns, James, Clements, Dorsett, Scott, Duke. Young but still talented. With Morris' arm strength, that gives our speed guys additional time to get moving forward and BC has to respect the deep ball. It allows us to stretch the field and open up more space for our guys. He needs not to look for the homerun on each play and just hit the guys with room to operate.

2. Can our defensive line get enough push?
- This is tough. We have a pretty good LB in the ACC and a very young/inexperienced DB core. However, if we can get enough pressure and push the line of scrimmage, we have talent and speed in the second level to mask those inexperience issues. We need our front four to disrupt and jack that LOS enough to confuse the BC rush offense. If we can even get a couple hands in the vicinity of the QB, it will allow our DBs to recover and make a play. Chickillo and Green are going to need more than just a relentless motor to make this happen. They can't just expect to run and push through college-level linemen. They figure that out and well be fine. Remember Olivier in his first game as a fresh? That's what we need.

I know everyone is being cautious of expectations on a young team, but I'm not. We have more than a chance to go into BC and walk away with a win. Most of the players here are Golden's players and are being bought into the right attitude. If we can limit penalties and mistakes, I think we're fine. I would like us to take some risks and attack the ball on defense. Too much of a bend and break mentality, and we're looking at more possession time for BC due to short yardage gains here and there. I say we make it fun for the young guys on defense and shove it down their throats.

Advertisement
Back