Anyone else think that our stable of amazing TEs this season have been underutilized so far?

Mallory was open down seem and TVD threw a wounded duck at his feet.

Is that the one Mallory had a defender on his left side and needed to bend the route inside a little? TVD threw it down the numbers and the announcers mentioned needing to move the route inside a little instead of straight down the field.

Advertisement
I just don’t think this offense fits these guys honestly. Especially TVD. And the fans in Miami not showing up unless you putting on a show. We don’t take enough vertical shots and run way too much. TVD not going through progressions though. He has guys open everywhere just does not see them. Not sure if it’s a confort thing or he’s just being given one or two routes to look at and the others are decoys. Sure does not look for K Smith (unless he’s the only read, ala the flee flicker). Gattis has underwhelmed me so far. We have not seen any fades, posts or corners. Not many rollouts or bootlegs. One TE seem route has been thrown so far and TVD threw it low. This is Miami, we have athletes! We don’t need to dink and donk! Hopefully we see a more vertical offense going forward.
I will agree with you on TVD not going through his progressions. This has been my knock on him since day 1. I was shouting during the games last year (as if he could hear me) watching him locked in on his primary while other receivers were running open and I am doing the same thing again this season. TVD has the better arm while Garcia spreads the ball around by progressing quickly through his reads with that smooth release. If we just had a way to combine the two I could stop shouting during the games.

Advertisement
I assume it has been on purpose as we have not shown our best stuff so A&M can't scout it but if it looks the same after this game then I'm officially worried.

I'm expecting A&M to man us up and make someone show they can beat us and sell out the stop the run. With the noted inconsistencies in the WR core I expect TEs vs their LBs and S to be our biggest advantage in the passing game. Also 7 in the quick passing game if they cover him with their striker

Anyone else think it is far too early in the season to be making ridiculous threads like this? Come on guys, we are two games in and have played an FCS and low end G5 opponent.

Advertisement
Mallory used to be a blazer but now sometimes it seems like he's trying to run in timberland boots like he's from NYC
Yeah he reminds me of my little nephew still trying to get his coordination when he runs but definitely a receiving TE only. I knew there was no hope for him blocking wise when I saw him get pushed backwards last year by a 5’10 corner.

Vanilla playbook for the first two games where the offense can be on cruise control and doesn't need to show anything.

I expect more starting this week from a playcalling standpoint

Advertisement
Sigh this is Mario’s offense

If there is anything to worry about, this is it.

Gattis LOVES rpo. TVD is good at rpo. We have not run it. There are tons of concepts Gattis likes to run that we haven’t seen. Option runs, qb runs, more vertical routes. More crossing routes. More playaction.

This is why people say are saying we are holding back. WE ARE.

Harbaugh made Gattis run more over time. Will Mario do the same?

Advertisement
On top of that, Gattis already broke out the super secret flea flicker last Saturday. I mean, if he wasn’t gonna keep that under wraps then what would he be saving for aTm?
If we run the ball well it'll work again

Two televised scrimmages have been played ... first real game taking place on Saturday night. Let's all watch, observe, evaluate and then make comments about where this team is really at as far as play calling and execution.

Are we waiting to unleash them on aTm? Mallory seems to still be a little inconsistent so far but what about all the other guys we kept hearing about that were playing lights out?
I believe that was done on purpose

Advertisement
Back