Anyone else think that our stable of amazing TEs this season have been underutilized so far?

How Mallory has been used as an in-line tight end through 3 different regimes is truly beyond me. Greentree practice field is starting to feel like an alternate reality with some of the performances these young men must be pulling off there versus the product in the games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes,

I do think we haven’t used TE much , when we do Parrish will explode.

I see Parrish breaking long runs , his relentless play will be overwhelming .

Once Parrish starts taking a toll , we start hitting X and going deep.

Boys, I smell BLOOD in the water on a National stage.

RUN IT UP , GO DEEP OFTEN

GOCANES

Relax fellas. Try to reserve judgement on the offense, **** defense too until after atm. Things have been PURPOSELY held back because of the quality of our first 2 opponents. Why show everything when you have 2 bums then atm??? It makes absolutely no sense.
If you're still seeing the same thing and no shots down the field and no exotic blitzes, then go at Gattis.
All this other whining about what our offense and defense is or isn't is premature. Both sides of the ball will open up from atm forward. Bank on it!!!

Gattis didn't win the Browles by being dumb.

RELAAAAAAX

Relax fellas. Try to reserve judgement on the offense, **** defense too until after atm. Things have been PURPOSELY held back because of the quality of our first 2 opponents. Why show everything when you have 2 bums then atm??? It makes absolutely no sense.
If you're still seeing the same thing and no shots down the field and no exotic blitzes, then go at Gattis.
All this other whining about what our offense and defense is or isn't is premature. Both sides of the ball will open up from atm forward. Bank on it!!!

RELAAAAAAX
Nice to see sign of intelligence in this thread.

Are we waiting to unleash them on aTm? Mallory seems to still be a little inconsistent so far but what about all the other guys we kept hearing about that were playing lights out?
I just don’t think this offense fits these guys honestly. Especially TVD. And the fans in Miami not showing up unless you putting on a show. We don’t take enough vertical shots and run way too much. TVD not going through progressions though. He has guys open everywhere just does not see them. Not sure if it’s a confort thing or he’s just being given one or two routes to look at and the others are decoys. Sure does not look for K Smith (unless he’s the only read, ala the flee flicker). Gattis has underwhelmed me so far. We have not seen any fades, posts or corners. Not many rollouts or bootlegs. One TE seem route has been thrown so far and TVD threw it low. This is Miami, we have athletes! We don’t need to dink and donk! Hopefully we see a more vertical offense going forward.

Advertisement

RELAAAAAAX
You don’t have to show much to show an explosive, vertigo offense.just let your guys outrun theirs. If you think we will show more in that category you’re mistaken. Mario wants to run the ball.

You don’t have to show much to show an explosive, vertigo offense.just let your guys outrun theirs. If you think we will show more in that category you’re mistaken. Mario wants to run the ball.
1663076387271.gif

vertigo offense? I hope like **** we don't see that. lol
Nah seriously. Of course we're going to run the ball. App State did it effectively, and if we're going to beat them, we will have to have success in the runnong game as well. What I'm saying is you WILL see more deep shots down the field, I promise you that.

Advertisement
We saving alot for this game it seems
It’s the most delusional thing this fanbase has regurgitated over the years. If TVD goes through his progressions, finds the open man, and makes a good throw the offense will look significantly better… but to think some crazy concepts are being held back is next level delusion. Especially considering we were up 3 points going into half last week

Last edited:
Underutilized? By Gattis or TVD?

I believe the TEs have been a integral part of the Gattis offense. We are often in two TE sets with (Mallory and Arroyo) and run multiple run and pass plays out of these formations. I do agree, however, that TVD has failed (to some extent) to target TEs in the passing game. I don’t think that is Gattis’ fault, but rather TVD not finding open receivers or throwing poor passes.

It’s the most delusional thing this fanbase has regurgitated over the years. If TVD goes through his progressions, finds the open man, and makes a good throw the offense will look significantly better… but to think some crazy concepts are being held back is next level delusion. Especially
Considering we were up 3 points going into half last week
On top of that, Gattis already broke out the super secret flea flicker last Saturday. I mean, if he wasn’t gonna keep that under wraps then what would he be saving for aTm?

Advertisement
They been under thrown to but not under utilized. They been on the field alot. Not sure TVD is comfortable making all the reads in this offense yet. Some of it is his decision making, other times the protection broke down and throws off the plays. We need to throw to Arroyo more imo. But we have to let the season play out

It’s the most delusional thing this fanbase has regurgitated over the years. If TVD goes through his progressions, finds the open man, and makes a good throw the offense will look significantly better… but to think some crazy concepts are being held back is next level delusion. Especially considering we were up 3 points going into half last week
It’s an easy answer to turn to when the offense falters. The only reason I think some stuff has been held back is, Gattis raved about Mallory. If he loves Mallory so much why have we not seen too many plays and packages designed specifically for him. I could be wrong but I just don’t think they’ve played every card they’ve got.

vertigo offense? I hope like **** we don't see that. lol
Nah seriously. Of course we're going to run the ball. App State did it effectively, and if we're going to beat them, we will have to have success in the runnong game as well. What I'm saying is you WILL see more deep shots down the field, I promise you that.
Runnong game? 😂
I hope so cause this offense has been boring lol

Advertisement
hmm... let's pick a position group that hasn't scored every other TD and ask if they are being underutilized by our new OC? I can't wait for someone to say our punter isn't being showcased enough...

Go Canes!
TEs has like one catch this game…

Season starts Saturday guys. Nothing before matters.
with all due respect, it all matters. if this was week 1 vs AnM then you could use the excuse of new staff not knowing how certain players will perform under the lights. we've seen the same consistent struggle by the same players that were struggling under old staff. if they're thrown out there in spite of their ineptitude, then it falls on the coaches as much as the players. this goes to several players on the team, not just mallory

re: mallory, i have no clue how he's TE1 when he constantly shys away from blocks. he will get our qb killed & it will cost us dearly sooner or later "but leadership & 5th year"

Advertisement
Back