Anybody seeing any updates on the Scrimmage?

Advertisement
- Gurvan Hall with another INT.
- Multiple sack night for Trevon Hill.
- Jarren Williams was the only QB mentioned by name by Diaz. Apparently he hit Mallory for a TD in the second half. Osborn also scored a TD late, but Diaz didn't say which QB threw it to him.
- Other players singled out by Diaz in a positive light included Deejay, Harley, Rousseau, Quarterman, and Pinckney.
- Sounds like the offense got its *** kicked in the first half, but played better in the 2nd half.

WTF. Video removed by user.

- Jarren Williams was the only QB mentioned by name by Diaz. Apparently he hit Mallory for a TD in the second half. Osborn also scored a TD late, but Diaz didn't say which QB threw it to him.
- Other players singled out by Diaz in a positive light included Deejay, Harley, Rousseau, Quarterman, and Pinckney.
- Sounds like the offense got its *** kicked in the first half, but played better in the 2nd half.

He was not pleased.

doesn't really sound like much clarity over the qb position yet. Maybe the competition goes a good bit into next week. Mike Harley seems to really be stepping up

Advertisement
I LOVE that Manny is "disappointed" in both sides of the ball. Defense dominates the 1st half - dissatisfied with the offense. Offense rallies and puts up points in the 2nd half - dissatisfied with the defense's letdown. Keep the pressure on!

doesn't really sound like much clarity over the qb position yet. Maybe the competition goes a good bit into next week. Mike Harley seems to really be stepping up

Where is Jeff Thomas. Haven’t heard a word about him.

Never seen Manny like that, they must’ve filmed that right after the scrimmage ended. Let’s hope offense gets it together

Advertisement
Advertisement

The video was taken down from YouTube, but the comments above were all based on what Diaz told Zagacki in the post-scrimmage interview.

Oh ma gawd

Oh dang, it's gone. Honestly might have been because they didn't clip the beginning. Wasn't anything significant, just Joe Z asking him if he was ready and then counting down to start.

The thrust of it was that Diaz was displeased with the offense, specifically in the second half.

What stood out to me was when he said that some guys were getting the "vacant eye look" that he essentially attributed to last season's failure. Referenced "there's still some disease left to cure" on that front, and that they expected it. That was really his message and seemed to be the source of his disappointment.

Trevon Hill had a multi sack night, he said too.

Advertisement
I got to see the video (thanks) I recall (****ed) Manny saying first half offense "Same o same o -the 4way lookin some guy"....

I could guess what that means. Anyone know "for sure"?

Edit: Just saw Stefan's transcript... Manny said "faraway" look in some guys... not 4-way. Makes more sense!

Last edited:
Is there another scrimmage with only two weeks till the game?

Way El Jefe sounded if there isn’t he will make one...sounded pretty ****ed with the offense to pick a QB...And we do have to realize and I think we forget sometimes this offense with 3 QBs that are learning a new system are going against a defense that’s supposed to be top 10 in the country.

I’d be alarmed..make that very worried if this offense was running up and down the field on it..

I got to see the video (thanks) I recall (****ed) Manny saying first half offense "Same o same o -the 4way lookin some guy"....

I could guess what that means. Anyone know "for sure"?

Far away look as deer in the headlights. Confused, lack of confidence, lost. Basically a **** show on offense and no leaders

Advertisement
Back