Anybody else loving the portal?

Advertisement
Advertisement
No - and it has nothing to do with miami benefitting or losing to the portal. I hate the results of the portal in general.
i love it moreso that these guys take their future in their hands vs. having an university be able to dictate to them their futures due to penalty of losing eligibility ... there are a bunch of others reasons as well, but this one i think is the most critical

Advertisement
I like it so far.

10775303.gif

I support players being able to transfer to another school. 100%.

Coaches can leave without issue, buyout notwithstanding.
Coaches can ‘encourage’ players to leave the program, freeing up a scholarship for a new player.

There is no legitimate reason players should not be able to transfer to another program, assuming the player can find a suitor.

Advertisement
The rich will only continue to get richer.

You get in some young man's ear, offer him something he isn't getting wherever he is, he's gonna scoot.

Bama doesn't have Young or his successor, they will literally find a way to get whomever they want. Think your QB is safe, TVD in our case, nope.

Advertisement
The rich will only continue to get richer.

You get in some young man's ear, offer him something he isn't getting wherever he is, he's gonna scoot.

Bama doesn't have Young or his successor, they will literally find a way to get whomever they want. Think your QB is safe, TVD in our case, nope.

I cant say I share that opinion. Its not just the rich getting richer but the poor getting richer as well. Think of it as an annual rebalancing. 5 star guys like Mark Pope who don't pan out at the power five level can find better opportunity at a Jackson State. 2 star guys who start at places like Albany or Buffalo and develop into power five talents can elevate their potential draft status by moving to a power five school. Again it's a rebalancing of talent.... of sorts.

I cant say I share that opinion. Its not just the rich getting richer but the poor getting richer as well. Think of it as an annual rebalancing. 5 star guys like Mark Pope who don't pan out at the power five level can find better opportunity at a Jackson State. 2 star guys who start at places like Albany or Buffalo and develop into power five talents can elevate their potential draft status by moving to a power five school. Again it's a rebalancing of talent.... of sorts.

There is certainly that. I'm mostly talking about the schools winning on signing day, then on the field, and lastly through the portal.

The gap between the haves and have nots will continue to grow.

Advertisement
Back