Any Word on LB Choe Bryant-Strother?

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Does anyone know where we stand with Choe Bryant-Strother? We have an offer out to him.

After listening to Lance Roffers excellent break down of his SPARQ player analytics, I believe Choe Bryant-Strother should be near the top of our LB board. The kid is 6' 2.5" and weighs 230 out of the Atlanta area. At 230, he has a 4.8 Forty yard dash. Not impressive, but it doesn't tell the story. This kid has a 37" vertical and a 4.10 shuttle. That's elite. This tells me that he needs improvement on his running technique because there's no way you can be slow and have a 37" vert and a 4.10 shuttle. Even at 4.8, the shuttle makes him elite in the box. I think he's probably around 4.6 in the Forty or will be with improved technique.

This kid is under the radar and a must get IMO.

Football Analytics Part-2 with Lance Roffers

Last edited:
Advertisement
Does anyone know where we stand with Choe Bryant-Strother? We have an offer out to him.

After listening to Lance Roffers excellent break down of his SPARQ player analytics, I believe Choe Bryant-Strother should be near the top of our LB board. The kid is 6' 2.5" and weighs 230 out of the Atlanta area. At 230, he has a 4.8 Forty yard dash. Not impressive, but it doesn't tell the story. This kid has a 37" vertical and a 4.10 shuttle. That's elite. This tells me that he needs improvement on his running technique because there's no way you can be slow and have a 37" vert and a 4.10 shuttle. Even at 4.8, the shuttle makes him elite in the box. I think he's probably around 4.6 in the Forty or will be with improved technique.

This kid is under the radar and a must get IMO.

Football Analytics Part-2 with Lance Roffers

View attachment 87920
View attachment 87919

Miami has other guys ahead of him and he hasn't shown much interest in terms of visiting

His athleticism didn't jump out at me on film. He looks like a Big10 or SEC ILB. Extremely patient, disciplined, and diagnoses plays well. He's a sure tackler but didn't make any game changing plays. Certainly worth keeping tabs on and evaluating further.

Miami has other guys ahead of him and he hasn't shown much interest in terms of visiting
That's too bad. The measurables this kid has screams elite. You can't teach athleticism. 4.10 Shutlle is .3 to .4 seconds faster than just about all the LBs we're recruiting. Wouldn't surprise me if this kid winds up a high draft pick one day.

Advertisement
This is a dude you develop. He’s new to linebacker, you can tell.

He had interest. But our lb recruiting since Diaz has got here has been consistently weird. I dont even know what type of LB he likes/evaluates. Sh*t is weird to me.
It is weird. How does he like Flowe but doesn’t like Strother when they play the same way? Justin is obviously way better now but this kid tests as a better athlete.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back