Any way we can be a better team with less talent next year?

O

OrionsBelt

On paper we will definitely have our least talented team since 2008 maybe even 2007. Any chance though we will be a better "team" and actually win 8 or so games next year cause we have more unity and passion.

Advertisement
On paper we will definitely have our least talented team since 2008 maybe even 2007. Any chance though we will be a better "team" and actually win 8 or so games next year cause we have more unity and passion.

going to be tough unless we can get pressure and cover receivers. our offense will be fine.

ready to go live

no more like shouldhavefiedshannonearly.com

2010 was our year to shine and RS totally botched that year up

RB we had Berry (good college player) MILLER (future day 1 NFL pick) J.James (good college player)
WR Hank, Benjamin, Bryd, Streeter

CB DVD, Harris (two day 1 NFL draft guys)

We were literally STACKED with NFL guys at the skill positions we were national championship caliber at the skill positions in 2010.

And we were top 1/4 of college football at the other positions

That team has 10+ win all over it especially in the weak ACC we were better talent wise then every team we played that year but Ohio St.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I am not so sure we will have less talent next year. If you only consider their talent coming out of HS than yes. I suppose it also depends on who all is leaving early.

I think we will have more football discipline. Won't see as much out of position on D because someone thinks they need to showboat.

I am not so sure we will have less talent next year. If you only consider their talent coming out of HS than yes. I suppose it also depends on who all is leaving early.

I expect miller, streeter, and fortson to go pro

Advertisement
Our depth at certain positions is hilariously bad. Going into Spring if there were no EE.

WR: Hurns, Dorsett, Scott, Thompkins
CB: McGee, Finnie, DJohnson, Payne
DE: Vernon, Green, Chickillo, Williams (Vernon may leave too)
RB: James, Clements, Hall

Lots of opportunities to play early for these recruits.

Losing Streeter hurts a lot.

Last edited:
Gimme Boise State.

Less talent than a lot of teams at the top of the country, but hard workers, leave it all on the field, well coached, strong willed and emphasize efficiency.

Advertisement
Gimme Boise State.

Less talent than a lot of teams at the top of the country, but hard workers, leave it all on the field, well coached, strong willed and emphasize efficiency.

They also play 10 nobodies a year that they are more talented then.

Gimme Boise State.

Welcome to the Acc. BSU would have won the ACC already if they were in it.

Gimme Boise State.

There is a difference between having to face UNC, VTech, GTech, etc in back to back weeks and playing TCU, Wyoming, SDSU, etc.

BTW, Boise didn't win the MWC this year or the WAC last year.

Advertisement
Gimme Boise State.

There is a difference between having to face UNC, VTech, GTech, etc in back to back weeks and playing TCU, Wyoming, SDSU, etc.

BTW, Boise didn't win the MWC this year or the WAC last year.

Look at what UVA did this year playing just like Larry suggested.

I'm not saying the ACC is good. I'm saying that Boise is more talented then almost everyone they play.

Golden is building the program in the right direction but with the depth issues he's had to work with it may take longer than we would like, but we will get there.

Advertisement
Back