Any way we can be a better team with less talent next year?

I think Boise would win the ACC as well, but that's not more than a subjective argument and anyone with a contrary position is merely arguing a subjection position as well.

But this isn't about the Bronco's, its about us.

Recall in 1986 we had our most talented team ever. Lost the Fiasco bowl.

Came back and while talented, I do recall that many were saying there was going to be a drop off in talent. They did ok with a rookie QB and a few new people all over the place.

Now, granted that team was extraordinarily talented, but analogously it serves to say you can be said to be less and still do well. It is, after all a team sport. How many times did so many of you ***** about so and so being out of position, not running hard enough to the ball, not knowing who to block, I mean....if some of you are so brilliant in all this, just submit your farkin resume and join the staff.

Advertisement
Next year there will be a lot of growing pains, but we could end up with an improved record. The truth is, I had no expectations going into this year, and I have none now going into Goldens second year. Now after that, I will definitely have some expectations, at least an ACCCG appearance or win, and by the fourth year I expect us to win a BCS bowl. Then followed by a national title. If that doesn't happen, then I would fire Golden.

Hopefully we can keep the same staff, and develope players during that time. I would have even tougher standards and expectations, if it wasn't for the huge depth problems we have. That can only be fixed by recruiting, redshirting, and an overall good roster management. Can't wait until we have a team full of Goldens recruits as juniors and seniors. This big class we are fixing to take in, is going to make or break Golden, and we won't be able to see the rewards from this class, next year. I expect us to have an overall dissappointing season, with flashes of greatness. He has to get a class full of guys who are right for his system, have the right attitude and work ethic, have what it takes to play smart football, and he has to develope them. It will take time, wish that wasn't so, but that's the way it is.

It wouldnt surprise me if we ended up with the same record next year. But the following years will be alot better. Golden can coach em up and by then the team will be full of 'his' players

Determination and discipline will beat the **** out of talent every single day.

Talent only indicates potential.

I've seen guys with talent out the *** who couldn't do ****.

The trick is to get the most out of the talent you have, and we've seen that across the nation all season long.

How many 'untalented' teams have we seen THIS YEAR, beat the **** out of loaded teams?

Discipline means consistency. Discipline means the OTHER teams make the mistakes.

Advertisement
It wouldnt surprise me if we ended up with the same record next year. But the following years will be alot better. Golden can coach em up and by then the team will be full of 'his' players

Agree with this 100%. I think we will end up with the same record with a more favorable schedule. A lot of freshmen will get burn, and that will be the key. Lets be honest, last years class was full of Plan B and C kids at the last minute. I am not pinning the future of the program on those kids. This year's class is the most important for the next 2-3 years.

Agree with all of this. If we get stronger (a lot stronger), and play fundamentally sound we can beat a lot of teams in the ACC even with less talent than this year's team. The big question is whether this roster can collectively kick the bad habits they've had seemingly forever? The coaches can't make the kids pay attention by themselves, hopefully Chickillo, Perryman, and someone on offense can become the leaders and set the tone in the offseason.

Determination and discipline will beat the **** out of talent every single day.

Talent only indicates potential.

I've seen guys with talent out the *** who couldn't do ****.

The trick is to get the most out of the talent you have, and we've seen that across the nation all season long.

How many 'untalented' teams have we seen THIS YEAR, beat the **** out of loaded teams?

Discipline means consistency. Discipline means the OTHER teams make the mistakes.

On paper we will definitely have our least talented team since 2008 maybe even 2007. Any chance though we will be a better "team" and actually win 8 or so games next year cause we have more unity and passion.

How's that working out?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back