Any way Miami can turn down a bowl game?

Maybe they have a plan...teams start stockpiling all the 6 win ACC teams bowl money and then they blow the chit out with all the best coaches in the land and the ACC becomes the SEC. SEC already blowing their money and the ACC is a bunch of tight wads, util the bomb hits in 5 years. That's what I would do if I was Miami AD, hoard all that conference money for 5 years and then hire the best **** coaches in the land and whoop everyone's ***!
Sound like a plan?

LOL. Im not sure thats possible. I doubt UM can go 5 years without making payment to the ACC. Moreover, my guess is that the bowl payouts go directly to the ACC. It would be interesting to know the mechanizations of how bowl money moves from the bowls to the schools, conferences, etc.

Advertisement
Am thinking we have to play because of the ACC rules. However, we all know that this team and these coaches are incapable of showing up and playing a competitive game, even against another weak opponent. There’s nothing to be gained by putting this bunch of underachieving loafers on the field again.
Of course, the BOTs greed also probably demands we play. I just don’t think ANY ONE wants to watch this crap pile again....ever.

We need that money to buy out our coaches?

Am thinking we have to play because of the ACC rules. However, we all know that this team and these coaches are incapable of showing up and playing a competitive game, even against another weak opponent. There’s nothing to be gained by putting this bunch of underachieving loafers on the field again.
Of course, the BOTs greed also probably demands we play. I just don’t think ANY ONE wants to watch this crap pile again....ever.
But, but, but there is all of the extra practice time. Yes we are talking PRACTICE.

The admin cares about the money. The coaches care about the 15 extra practices that they can use for the game and next year. If UM doesn't go, the season is over and coaches can't coach until Spring football. So the 2 entities that decide whether to go should want to go, even if it's a crap bowl.

Joe Joe Joe, we lost the bowel game because of injuries, culture, Tre Hill quitting, and Tathan on smash sabbatical.

Advertisement
The independent bowl which is where we are projected to go, pays out 1.2 mil so not they won’t turn it down.

The team/program will have somewhere in the neighborhood of $700K in expenses for a bowl game. The rest of the money goes to the ACC to be divided equally among the 12 ACC Universities.

Maybe they have a plan...teams start stockpiling all the 6 win ACC teams bowl money and then they blow the chit out with all the best coaches in the land and the ACC becomes the SEC. SEC already blowing their money and the ACC is a bunch of tight wads, util the bomb hits in 5 years. That's what I would do if I was Miami AD, hoard all that conference money for 5 years and then hire the best **** coaches in the land and whoop everyone's ***!
Sound like a plan?

The best **** coaches aren't winning schit with ACC talent. That said, if BC and FSU hire decent coaches. Litreally every team in this conf would have at minimum a solid coach besides Miami. 2nd or 3rd best coached conf in the nation.

I’ve already seen enough of this **** show this year. Watched every single game. Won’t be going or tuning in to the bowl game.

With a bottom of the barrel bowl game, will we get enough $$ to cover travel etc? To break even, We'll have to travel via greyhound bus (1 w a trailer hitched to back), bag lunches, and stay at the YMCA or a local church basement.

Advertisement
The team/program will have somewhere in the neighborhood of $700K in expenses for a bowl game. The rest of the money goes to the ACC to be divided equally among the 12 ACC Universities.
You sure on 700k? My memory is the ACC takes all the money minus an allowable travel expense which differs based on distance. It then divides by number of schools and distributes. Can’t cost 700k to travel. ACC can’t let schools run that up.

You sure on 700k? My memory is the ACC takes all the money minus an allowable travel expense which differs based on distance. It then divides by number of schools and distributes. Can’t cost 700k to travel. ACC can’t let schools run that up.

Others here are more knowledgeable on this issue than me, but as I recall travel expenses typically runs around $1 million for a BCS caliber bowl. I think $700K for a mid December bowl sounds about right.

Advertisement
Others here are more knowledgeable on this issue than me, but as I recall travel expenses typically runs around $1 million for a BCS caliber bowl. I think $700K for a mid December bowl sounds about right.
Okay. I did a little googling. I was a bit shocked that Clemson sent 800 people to the national championship game. 450 freaking band members. I guess if you send 450 students that nobody wants to hear, it can get crazy expensive. Doubt retracted.

Advertisement
Back