Any way Miami can turn down a bowl game?

Am thinking we have to play because of the ACC rules. However, we all know that this team and these coaches are incapable of showing up and playing a competitive game, even against another weak opponent. There’s nothing to be gained by putting this bunch of underachieving loafers on the field again.
Of course, the BOTs greed also probably demands we play. I just don’t think ANY ONE wants to watch this crap pile again....ever.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We've already learned how to lose regular season games, go to the head of the class and learn to lose Bowl games!

Miami will play in a bowl game. That's a fait accompli. However, it begs the question. Will the players be serious about possibly winning the bowl game. Or will the putrid ending of the season carry on to the bowl game. Also, I believe a few more upper-class starter's will take the option of going AWOL for the bowl game. See Trey Hill as an example.

The bottom line is this could be Shreveport, again, and that past lost to South Carolina. Yikes. Nevertheless, I SEE-r Miami flying north to Mo-Town, to face either Michigan St. or Illinois. Both winnable games IF the players " show up! " But then again, I thought Miami would handily defeat FIU and narrowly defeat Duke. Ouch.

Last edited:
Advertisement
just-say-no.jpg

Advertisement
Sometimes you don't break even on lower bowls.
All bowls have a guaranteed amount. Sponsors bite the dust if the bowl does not make money. Also the ACC collects the bowl money and distributes it between member schools. 2016/17 the ave per school was 26 million. Sad ND even gets a small cut even though not in for football

The ACC financial model is based on having enough of their teams become bowl eligible so as to maximize bowl revenue. Thats why they don't give a **** about teams being good. They just need six wins per team for each of their bowl ties.

So NO! UM will not pass on a bowl invite. They will accept, go, take their *** whooping' and surrender the money to the Tobacco Road Overlords.

The ACC financial model is based on having enough of their teams become bowl eligible so as to maximize bowl revenue. Thats why they don't give a **** about teams being good. They just need six wins per team for each of their bowl ties.

So NO! UM will not pass on a bowl invite. They will accept, go, take their *** whooping' and surrender the money to the Tobacco Road Overlords.
Maybe they have a plan...teams start stockpiling all the 6 win ACC teams bowl money and then they blow the chit out with all the best coaches in the land and the ACC becomes the SEC. SEC already blowing their money and the ACC is a bunch of tight wads, util the bomb hits in 5 years. That's what I would do if I was Miami AD, hoard all that conference money for 5 years and then hire the best **** coaches in the land and whoop everyone's ***!
Sound like a plan?

Advertisement
Back