Any Updates on the Next President of Miami???

Now, I know we are all knee deep into rumor mills, but... Stavridis sounds legit.

I have heard that the new prez is a man with a military background and an Academy graduated, who also was a commander of European affairs, and is from West Palm. I was not given a name, and for the life of me I had no clue who it is....but I'll be dammed if this dude does not fit the bill 100%.

If this is the dude, that's pretty good. Just be warned though, I was also told that shalalalalala hand picked him. ..

Advertisement
Also...yes...if he is the guy, he's an Old School Canes Fan from West Palm...

I kid you not...this is all the stuff I heard, and this guy seems like he's it.

Also...yes...if he is the guy, he's an Old School Canes Fan from West Palm...

I kid you not...this is all the stuff I heard, and this guy seems like he's it.

Bet with his military background and all that stuff he doesn't like to lose either.. just a thought and I hope I'm right

If it is him, shalalalalala loves him because of his foreign affairs background, and yes ..he's a passionate football fan. I kid u not. ..thus guy has all the creds of who I was told about, but not given his name. .

Condi was the daughter of a football coach and a member of the college playoff selection committee. If there was ever anyone who would try to rebuild UM football, she'd be it.

Realistically though, we could do a lot worse than Stavridis. I just hope he cleans house in the athletics department, specifically AD and football coach.

Advertisement
Man...condi would have been great.
Stavradis is pretty ******* good though. Military guy, not a *****, from the area, old school canes fan...I can fap to this.

Yes this guy is going to be the next president hands Down i just read this article about himhttp://www.themiamihurricane.com/2014/11/16/admiral-transitions-to-academia/ read it ...

Advertisement

That would be great if we were going to war but.....does he give 2 ****s about football?? It's all I want to know.

he went to Tufts which is a solid athletic school for D3 with elite academics

Great. First Temple, now Tufts. What a future we have

As a President he doesn't need to have D1 experience. He has leadership ability, and they are competitive in their division. If he is as big of a Cane football fan as everyone is saying he isn't going to take losing very well. I swear we have some of the lowest IQ leveled people in the UM fan base.

Last edited:

That would be great if we were going to war but.....does he give 2 ****s about football?? It's all I want to know.

He's apparently a die hard Patriots fan since he lives in Boston right now and comes from a Hurricane.

He's also apparently friends with Butch Davis.

[video=youtube;zMRrNY0pxfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM[/video]

Advertisement

What is wrong with being alum at Tufts? He didn't work there just graduated from there which indicates he is a bright guy. If anything its an important part that he comes from an elite academic background as it is what Miami is today. We can only hope that he is an athletic guy and understands the value of them

He's apparently a die hard Patriots fan since he lives in Boston right now and comes from a Hurricane.

He's also apparently friends with Butch Davis.

BKrEbK9.gif

What is wrong with being alum at Tufts? He didn't work there just graduated from there which indicates he is a bright guy. If anything its an important part that he comes from an elite academic background as it is what Miami is today. We can only hope that he is an athletic guy and understands the value of them

Uh, he does work there:

http://fletcher.tufts.edu/About/Office-of-The-Dean

Not trying to counterpoint your argument, just pointing out he is a Dean now. If you check his twitter feed, it still shows him in his Service Dress Whites:
https://twitter.com/stavridisj

As I mentioned in the other thread on the Admiral, I'm most interested in how he performed as a CDR - CAPT and how he related to his junior personnel. He is a good orator in public (Commencement speaker in 2011) and his PR skills appear to be top-notch, but did he fire Department Heads who didn't measure up? Did he give a 19 year old sailor who went UA (AWOL in USA/USAF) for a short period a second chance?

That will tell me if he can lead Miami to greater heights, both off and on the field.

Advertisement

Uh, he does work there:

http://fletcher.tufts.edu/About/Office-of-The-Dean

Not trying to counterpoint your argument, just pointing out he is a Dean now. If you check his twitter feed, it still shows him in his Service Dress Whites:
https://twitter.com/stavridisj

As I mentioned in the other thread on the Admiral, I'm most interested in how he performed as a CDR - CAPT and how he related to his junior personnel. He is a good orator in public (Commencement speaker in 2011) and his PR skills appear to be top-notch, but did he fire Department Heads who didn't measure up? Did he give a 19 year old sailor who went UA (AWOL in USA/USAF) for a short period a second chance?

That will tell me if he can lead Miami to greater heights, both off and on the field.

Great news that he works at Tufts then and appreciate you finding that as I was unaware of that. It's a top 50 school in the nation and well run from top to bottom. Obviously the verdict is still out on his presidential skills but would not be too concerned with his leadership skills from his credentials alone......

This guy has succeeded in everything he has done. Distinguished graduate at Annapolis; distinguished graduate at National War College; top student at Tufts earning his PhD. Commanded the top destroyer in NATO. Earned the John Paul Jones Award commanding a Destroyer task force. Commander of SOUTHCOM. SHAPE and EUCOM Commander. Dean of the Fletcher School, which is elite. Appears as though he strives for excellence in everything he does. Certainly his record says so. South Florida guy.

Advertisement
Back