Any post-game quotes/interviews from Diaz?

Advertisement
I'd also be curious to hear [MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] thoughts on the defensive performance.

Advertisement
Yesterday I was disappointed with Diaz and the defense but I really think it was all effort. They thought they were the **** and they came out lackadaisical against a ****** team. There is no way our defense can go from being that good to being that bad especially with the 5 freshman that played on D last year. To me it was effort and now that this happened they will be motivated to play 100x better.

I'd also be curious to hear [MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] thoughts on the defensive performance.
I think the offense played ok... but better than the defense based on my expectations. Granted BCU was running a lot of hot routes knowing they would have difficulties with pass protection.. regardless i think they moved down the field too easily.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I think the offense played ok... but better than the defense based on my expectations. Granted BCU was running a lot of hot routes knowing they would have difficulties with pass protection.. regardless i think they moved down the field too easily.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Do u think that the defense will be fine next week? Do you know if our d backs just played slow or if they actually are slow? Also did shaq tell you about what diaz was saying after the game? if he was ****ed or if he will change up the defense?

Thanks as always!

Advertisement
Bethune-Cookman quarterback Larry Brihm, who was 22 of 35 for 212 yards with an interception, said this about the Miami defense after the game:
"What we've seen on film. Basically we studied them a lot. We had a whole camp, we watched it, we got together as quarterbacks and watched it. We knew when they were going to blitz us, we knew we had to throw hot off the blitz and everything. It was exactly what we've seen."

Bethune-Cookman quarterback Larry Brihm, who was 22 of 35 for 212 yards with an interception, said this about the Miami defense after the game:
"What we've seen on film. Basically we studied them a lot. We had a whole camp, we watched it, we got together as quarterbacks and watched it. We knew when they were going to blitz us, we knew we had to throw hot off the blitz and everything. It was exactly what we've seen."

My biggest concern going forward isn't that Bethune put up 350 yards, it's that essentially they gave more talented offenses a blueprint to beat us.

Advertisement
i think what happened is BCU studied our defense last year to prepare and we didn't want to show FSU anything from our playing style so we just did the standard thing from last year

When we play legit teams our d will be more creative/effective.

i think what happened is BCU studied our defense last year to prepare and we didn't want to show FSU anything from our playing style so we just did the standard thing from last year

When we play legit teams our d will be more creative/effective.

That's my hope. That Diaz was willing to give up the yards and points in exchange for not showing adjustments, knowing we'd still beat them handily. Again that's my hope...

Advertisement
I was there.

Watched the defense closely.

What my amateur eyes told me is that we were flatfooted and lacking in urgency. We were reacting slowly, not because we can't, but because we were not as focused as we should have been.

I'll add more later.

DL got very little pressure. They didn't look like the same line. I think it was one of those flat games with kids looking ahead. They'll pay more attention to Ark St, after how they did against Nebraska.

No reason to blitz a team we have so outmatch as much as he did. Our front 4 should have EASILY generated enough pass rush.

DL got very little pressure. They didn't look like the same line. I think it was one of those flat games with kids looking ahead. They'll pay more attention to Ark St, after how they did against Nebraska.

Watched the game again. Only watched the d-line. The ball was out so fast they really had no chance to.

Advertisement
Back